Planetary garrisons and attacking in general

Wiking_pff

I was just thinking, if you as a player for example empty a planet of all forces (say you send them on an urgent mission to attack a planet with badly needed resources), and the other side attacks the planet.

Will there be a bloodless conquest? Because I think realistically, even if e.g. the Empire sent the garrison of one planet on a relief mission to another system, there's just no way that there would be NO stormtroopers left on the planet. You'd certainly have police forces, guards guarding facilities, perhaps trainees, cadets, etc.

So I have two ideas:

-If a player assaults an "empty" planet, he should suffer some casualties nonetheless, perhaps due to solo actions of brave civilians, security forces, saboteurs, etc.

-There should be an option for a player to make provisions in case his planet were to be conquered. Depending on how many resources would be allocated for this, the stronger the "Resistance" of a planet would be after the occupation, ranging from ship/building sabotage, assasinations, riots, guerrila warfare, etc.

Comments?

But isn't travel restricted to trade lanes? So it maybe a good idea to free up the troops from a planet that is only acessable through one or two garrisoned planets.

I don't know how well a resistance system would work in a RTS since you usually command everything your troops do. I suppose if you went to the galatic map a planet could under go a assimilation time where that sort of thing could happen.

If you clear a planet from forces and send them away, then the planet should be empty of forces. No one would be stupid enough to do that.

Actually people do actually do that as a blitskreig style then bring their forces back to base to regroup and reinforce and reheal.

Well if I leave i'll have to depend on my planetary defences and land defences. Well also troops would be pouring out of the building and so will the vehicles so it wont really be "empty". Well we have locals that we took control of to help us so you better hope you have good relations with them and hope you can upgrade their tech to mach yours almost :roll:

Does anyone know if the bombers can only be called in to attack a generator or can they also be called in to attack ground forces?? Is there Orbital Bombardment?
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

i think a good solution will be a troop limit on every planet.

the limit will increase after you have upgradet the base or establised a trade route. the minimum of troops on a planet should be 1 and increase after upgrading you base. like this

Base lvl 1 : needs 1 garison troop limit 4 units

Base lvl 2: need 2 garison troop limit 8 units

Base lvl 3 : needs 4 garison troop limit 12

Trade routes increase your troop limit +2

on every planet you should have a button "Garison" with you entered you garison menu. in this screen you can transfer ground troops and Fighters to the planetarion garrison or from the garisson to your fleet in the orbit. on the spacemap/planetary you will see some littel icons with shows you the garisson status and his troop typs.

about the troop limit we can talk but i think its necessary that we have a minimum of 1 troop on the planet. No Base will works without personal. If you send your last troop from the planet to your fleet. the base should go inaktive.if the enemy attacks the planet he will invade it without a battle. he will gain a chance to find the inaktive base and destroy it or find some spionage reports about other bases. if you reinvade the planet you will get you base back after the battle with her old lvl but you must pay some credits to repair it. if the enemy has found you base at his invasion you will dont get your base back logical ^^

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

"Der Preis der Freiheit, ist ewige Wachsamkeit" Col. Blair Herz des Tigers

Does anyone know if the bombers can only be called in to attack a generator or can they also be called in to attack ground forces?? Is there Orbital Bombardment?

Hopefully it'll be like C&C Generals where you pick the area for it to attack in, or the unit. I hope were not confined to bombed generators and only generators. It would be cool to see a bombing run and then they hit some troops and you just see klittle stormtroopers flying everywhere. I liked that part of C&C Generals if you hit a unit with enough power from the sky youd see the unit fly up and land lik 20 feet away from where it was hit.