No star wars movie actors for voice overs?

CommandoGamer

Well I'm not sure if The Petroglyph people have considered that yet, would be cool to hear James Earl Jones, Bill Williams, Denis Lawson, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hammill and Harrison Ford reprising they're role in the SW series.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Well, as we don't have a linear scenario like Starcraft, or Act of War recently, there isn't any "story" in the game, so normally, no cinematic chapters during the game. Then Heroes are only units, so perhaps they don't talk a lot ... ;)

I don't see it happening, but it still would be nice to see.

Only thing is though, except for James Earl Jones and Mark Hamil (who are notable voice actors, or have maintained the same pitch most of their lives), most of these guys don't have the same "voice pitch" as they did back in the younger days. Do we really want Han Solo sounding like a guy pushing 50 years old in the Galatic Civil War timeframe? I'd think not.

Now, if they were ever interested in taking the game to the "New Jedi Order" timeframe, then hey, yeah, it would be nice to hear Luke and co sound like they oughta by this point in their lives.

Well when you click on a ship or unit you get a little clip like "Star Destroyer STanding By" So i coudl see a couple of lines from some of the actors that'd be cool.

I bet that poor, type-cast James Earl Jones is sick to death of being affiliated with that role he played 20+ years ago. Sure, Vader is the most badass you can get. But being melded to that character forever? How do you think Mark Hamill feels about being Luke Skywalker for the last 25 years?! The guy hasn't been in a decent movie since!

It wount really matter much the heros, though important will not be the units you interact with the most, it will be ties, X-wings, At-Ats and so forth that you will be clicking on all the time. I hope they mix the sound bits for these troops up good so its not so repedative. As far as the heros, I would be fine with the great one liners form the game.

I bet that poor, type-cast James Earl Jones is sick to death of being affiliated with that role he played 20+ years ago. Sure, Vader is the most badass you can get. But being melded to that character forever? How do you think Mark Hamill feels about being Luke Skywalker for the last 25 years?! The guy hasn't been in a decent movie since!

Jones will be remembered for Vader, but that's not the only thing he's done, or what he's content on being remembered for. Check imdb.com and look him up. He's been in a lot of stuff since he's been actor/voice actor, and the trend only looks to continue with some of that new stuff that's in the process right now.

Same goes Mark Hamill. Maybe ya don't know this, but Mark Hamill has been a notable voice actor personality over the last few years, possibly the most famous being the voice of the "Joker" from the Batman toons (NOT this new one, "The Batman" on WB now). So, you'd be hard-pressed to convince me that Batman Beyond's "Revenge of the Joker" is NOT a decent movie, but you're welcome to try. Hamill kicks ass as being a voice actor. As further to show off how he's gone on, he's also going to be in the new "Robotech" work slated to come out later this year. Can't wait...^_^

I remember James Earl Jones mainly from the Harrison Ford: Jack Ryan Films- Patriot games, Clear and Present Danger in which he played Vice Admiral James Greer.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I agree, James Earl Jones did an awesome job playing Admiral Greer. He's been in so many other films, I mean he's done some excellent work since Star Wars.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Hey G-Vader, don't disrespect Mark Hamill! He is the one who is printed in our minds, everytime someone talks about Luke, we see him in our minds. Rebel scum or not, show some respect!

Well our minds are about the only thing other than star wars he'll ever be in. I never liked him much, hes old now and about the only time you see him on TV is if VH1 is having something like i love the 70's and he says one little comment about star wars. Youve gotta admit, hes not much of an actor. And as far as James Earl Jones goes i dont remember him as vader i remember him as the AT&T Guy.

LOL. Nice to see you Wiking. Long time no see. How are ur Hols?

Just popping to see what's new. :D I thought that a picture might get your attention haha. :wink:

Anyway; I don't care much for real actors doing the voices, if that means the game will be made sooner and cheaper (meaning more cash left for other things or expansion packs).

Didn't the guy who played Lando Carlissian lend his voice for a recent SW game? I think it was Jedi Academy, not sure though. :?

oh come on, the cookie becomes "free" after you hand over a few pieces of blue paper and coordinates, besides who is gonna use em? i think thell be safer in our hands.. :twisted: er..... :D *you did not see that*
I've have you now - Lord Vader