System Energy materials/maintenance....

Jahled

Ok, serious subject now guys. My games are being ruined in the latter stages of the game with not just the stupid natural desaster piece of programing crap, but by outer rim systems permenantly loosing system energy when my glorious Imperial fleets invade the rebel vermin.

Something has simply got to be done about the games resource management! Can some of you guys more adept than gooks like me put your heads together and figure something out! PLEASE! Months ago we had mutterings of some 'save game editor' from JediGreg. Well it hasn't happened. Everyone of my rebellion games is now being ruined because as I gradually gain dominance in the galaxy my construction points grind to a hault. It's unrealistic, stupid, and seriously frustrating when a system is suddenly hit by the load of crap natural desaster (which has NEVER made any sense from the outset anyway!)

I propose much higher system yields of energy all over the galaxy map. Well over double the present yield. Also, none of this outer rim two unit crap. Minimum of fifteen period, galaxy wide. Also, bombardments of systems shouldn't permenantly destroy system resources, that's like saying a bombardment of Pluto would effect the mines on Neptune. Crap!

This would enable a seriously hard pressed opponent at least a fighting chance to the end (by using his brain!) and also avoid the stupid scenario of the player who controls 4/5s of the galaxy the hesistation of building another capitol ship for the fear of suffering the hated natural desaster.

I am personally fed up with having to mass my fleets throughout the galaxies' sectors in the latter stages of the game through fear of gravity wells because of the stupid resource management. I want to spread them out like in the Star Wars Universe.

Finally, maintenance is freezes. That's crap. Mines and refineries should produce a constant flow for you to feed upon, growth! Nothing majestic, but certainly something realistic. This would re-enforce some of my previous points about a crafty player having the opportunity to strike back, and an equally astute dominant player spreading his/her forces to counter this.

Ok, rant over! I am increasingly in the belief that, despite the seriosly excellant efforts of the model makers in our community, a very real problem with the game engine needs serious attention. :!:

BTW: Please don't quote individual sentances in replies to my post, it will only serve to deviate from my overall objective. I think.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

It looks as if someone was really frustrated when he wrote that.

Anyway I can only agree to your so-valid points, the game needs a more realistic feelings, especially in the issues you mentioned. I too am interested in the Save Game Editor.

Jahled, try lowering constructions costs a bit for both sides.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

I propose much higher system yields of energy all over the galaxy map. Well over double the present yield. Also, none of this outer rim two unit crap. Minimum of fifteen period, galaxy wide. Also, bombardments of systems shouldn't permenantly destroy system resources, that's like saying a bombardment of Pluto would effect the mines on Neptune. Crap!

[/size]

Jahled, here`s a trick I use to help on this point. Set the importance of all sectors to `High` in Rebed (except the one with Yavin). This will create much greater yields of energy and raw materials. This translates to a ton of maintenance points for both sides. The rim sectors will have comparable resources to the ones in the core.

For an additional challenge, you can also state that all sectors are populated. Both sides will start with a ton more resources.

Finally, you can at least edit the resources for two systems when you start the game; Coruscant and the Rebel HQ. If you give them each a ton of mines, refineries, or manufacturing facilities, you`ll at least start with two very powerful systems.

I`ve mentioned this several times in the forums, but I`ve not gotten any feedback.

Try it and let me know what you think.

Also, when you bombard, if you just bombard military facilities you don`t do too much damage to the planet`s production capability. General bombardment does a LOT of damage.

Thanks for the advice Glandry, but I have done all of the things you've outlined.

Curiously, i've noticed that if you bombard any system on the outer rim, even if you just go for military strikes, you run the risk of destroying system resources permently. :?:

the resources are not my main problem.

my main problem is winning period.

please jedi order brethren. how do i win at this game. it is very hard indeed.

on a side note. i just built my first ship.

it is a small light scout ship and I am going to test it tommorrow. i just have to come up with a way of getting it out of the garage.

I was sort of thinking about taking the garage with it. sort of a cabin job.

what do you all think???

...eemm...simply super glue your garage to the bottom of your newly built ship, at the back. Then steal a small motorbike and super glue that at the bottom, at the front, to give your ship that 'Nebulon-B Frigate' look.

to give your ship that 'Nebulon-B Frigate' look.
That would be quite a snazzy look. I can tell you that it would pick up the ladies. :lol:8)

Seriously, what did you mean about the garage and so forth, SS_Officer? Were you referring to the fact that you created a ship to put in Rebellion? :?

i literally created a ship in my garage. but i have to get it out somehow.

but dont worry . when i put the finishing touches on it I will take a picture of it and post it.

I plan on taking this small scout ship to the outer rim of our solar system and back as a test.

i'm having trouble working with the materials I have at hand here.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, back to my original ANGRY RANT!!!

Wierd plot developments. I am convinced that the COMPLETELY STUPID natural pain in the arse is actually not as random as we have been led to believe....emmm....

I am presently conducting a game where I am seriously laying off obliterating the rebel vermin in order to conduct a couple of experiments with the AI...more of which I shall reveal later.... It's about day 2600, I as the glorious Imperium of Emperor Palpatine control about 4/5s of the galaxy. Slow I know, but it's intentional. I have suffered only three of the dreaded natural cause a fit events. So I reckon the dreaded natural AGHAAAA events is actually linked to your ongoing success in the game...

...other wierd things...

1. I have left Coruscant unguarded with the Emperor and captured Mon Mothma for over a thousand days now, and still no Alliance attack on Coruscant!

2. No sign of Luke! I'm into about 2600 on the day side of things....where the heck is he?

...Jahled gibbers...

• 2 weeks later...
But there must be one planet to which he returns after a sabotage mission and if he had no planet to escape ..... ready as a leasson for all to see :twisted:
"I am growing stronger with the Force"