EAW like Rome Total War?!

chammiboy

hi! I'm new on this forum and i have some questions about the game. I saw videos and interviews chowing the system of planets where we are going to attack a planet when we want. And I dont know if I should compare this to rome total war......If we replace cities by planets, is it like rome??? are we going to move troops as we want but turn by turn??

(sorry for my english, i speak french and i know my english is not very good so be indulgent :oops::D )

http://www3.sympatico.ca/emilechamma/bannsoldryan.gif

:arrow: Loll - Welcome here :) Pls enjoy your time with us :)

:arrow: BTW some of us like RTW :) Look in the Mods Forum - here :

http://swempireatwar.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=457

:arrow: Anyway you didn't selected email notification for this topic in your profile :idea:

:arrow: In EAW you play like in RTW - kind of - but you don't have to take turns ;) its all real time but you can speed up the game or lower its speed ;)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

It's like Rome in many ways, and It's also a lot like another Star Wars game, Star Wars Supremacy (Star Wars Rebellion in America). When it comes to the actual battles, it'll be like C&C (Command and Conquer)

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

Guest JediIgor

I haven't really seen anything which implies it's anything at all like Rome: Total War. The gameplay I've seen resembles more of a C&C, although you don't have to build anything in the "battle" view. I guess you could say that it's similar becuase of building everything in grand strategy mode, but that's not exclusive to RTW at all, in fact all turn based games do it like that and some real-time games like Knights of Honor as well.

However, there is still some time, so maybe Petroglyph will make their game better by taking the good things of RTW like character revenue, unit experience, morale, loyalty, and the like :).

I'm rather confused at the above posts... is it turn-based at all, or not? Excluding battles, obviously... is the decision-making ability, when talking about the galactic map, allocated in turns, or is it real-time? Ie, can I attack my enemy at any time, all while being vulnerable to his attack at any time?

PS, to the original poster, moi aussi je vis au québec! Dans le coin de Hull, mais bon.

Currently waiting to get Age of Empires 3, Dawn of War, and Star Wars: Empire at War

Its a pure RTS no turns. Anyway, cain has th ability to speed up and slow down the game been confirmed? I know its kind of common sense but i wasnt sure that was confirmed yet or not. Whens the next interview?

Ohh, if only your heroes could go insane, like some of your generals in RTW. :lol: I swear, all of my Roman leaders are either sodomizers, drunkards, abusers, or raving lunes.

An actual speech one of my generals gave before a battle:

"But BEWARE, men, BEWARE! For I have eaten all of the enemy's bees, and they have been without honey for many a moon. They are angry! Go forth, my pretties! Go forth!"

first off what do you mean indulgent? but i hope it isn't like rtw because i really didn't like that game......(in a different thread i said i never played it but since then cuz so many peoples seemed to like it i bought it)

EaW, hopefully will be the next generation of RTS. Rome Total War set the bar. I dont like the turn based aspect. Takes to long to create Roman Armies. EaW may have found away to pick up the place. Perhaps we will see a RTW 2 with EaW's inovations.