Tractor beams and escape pods

Cain

:arrow: I remember that Joe said they didn't know yet if the will add tractor beams - so what do you think are they required ?

:arrow: What about escape pods ? Will they be able to save more than characters ? For example the crew of that ships and by this you will still have their experience level to add it to a new ship ?! That will be cool.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Tractor beams I only see a use for if they have a capturing system in the game. Other than that I really see now pratical use, or maybe to guide ships into repair docks.

Escape pods would be good for rescuing hero units. Again, outside of that I see little in the way of usefull applications. Maybe if they had an experience system to gain veteran status you could pick up pods to gain exp., but I don't know if a unit promotion system has been confirmed yet.

If they enable capturing of ships, then there must be tractor beams. If not, then perhaps there's no need for tractor beams.

Has an experience-based system for the units been confirmed? If it is, then great, and escape pods are needed. If not, then not.

Go Leafs go!

Tractor beams could be good to bring in disabled ships to help them keep up with the fleet. Escape Pods, hmmm

Would be cool to watch an ISD breaking up and then suddenly a series of lights erupt and the waves upon waves of Pods blast away from the ship. The teams can then battle over characters.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

lifepods, would be nice then having more crew on your other ships :roll:

Hey how about have one small Lance pick up anybody that left the damaged capital ship then that ship with the crew returns to the closest Imperial base to get a new ship currently being built or turn them into Stormtroopers :roll:

Keep in mind just a thought.

What about tractor beams scooping up fighters? Lancers equipt with special tractor beams could really decimate rebel fighters, or corettes vs ties

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

Guest JediIgor
Tractor beams should be in, but they should be automatic. Tractor beams can be used for boarding smaller vessels, and for scooping up your own fighters to make them return to dock faster. Aside from that, there is really nothing special tractor beams would do in a game (although in real life you could pull off some tactics like holding a ship in place while your bombers pull runs).

Escpae pods sound good for characters. THe only problem is youd have to be careful they do not fall into the hands of your opponent.

If I remember correctly one of the resources in the ST Armada games was Crew....always made me mad when i lost a starbase with a ton of crew on board.

Now, if crew is a resource, then escape pods make perfect sense. Especially for somthing with as much crew as an ISD...You could recover both some exp and a certain number of crew.

You could only construct ships if you had enough Crew in the crew pool. Basically acted as a cap to ensure that you didn't just build loads of Sovereign and Galazy ships.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg