How you will imagine the Coruscant map ? (Maps in general)

Cain

I think this is the hardest map to design ... so how do you think the game designers make it - how we will move in that city ?! Did they added levels ? It will be interesting to know how we will fight there ...

What you will design the map of your favorite planet ?

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Look at the last 2 or 3 Clone War short episodes :) There'll be more troopers in the ground and nearly getting over ran with flooding of droids. Only vehicle might be in the widest part of the city. Fighters would just fly at the medium to high range of the city.

I'm guessing

map 1) Would be a crash site where you fight on next to the land shipyard.

map 2) Downtown courasant near the jedi temple and the Senate left overs ? The jedi temple might turn into a Sith temple ??

Favorite planet, eh? Dantooine, Naboo... Can't say much, just hope they'll be as beautiful as always.

As for Coruscant, the possibilities are almost limitless. I would imagine the ground battle to be fought on the actual ground, in the shadows of the scyscrapers. It will be hard to do no matter what choice they make.

Go Leafs go!

I dont know how petro will handle this, i wouldnt mind an urban enviroment but perhaps they will just have the imp base defending the planet on the outskirts of the city or something. This will be interesting to see.

I dont know how petro will handle this, i wouldnt mind an urban enviroment but perhaps they will just have the imp base defending the planet on the outskirts of the city or something. This will be interesting to see.

from my knowledge Corruscant is only one big City.

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

"Der Preis der Freiheit, ist ewige Wachsamkeit" Col. Blair Herz des Tigers

Corusant will be connected with bridges and possibly landing point for short range transportation. But only at fixed points so they have an excuse not to put air transportation in other maps.

My design for Endor would be Ewoks jumping off platforms and splatting on the ground (Yay)

Alienware PC: 6000 galactic credits

DSL: 26 galatic credits

EaW: 50 galatic credits

Watching Darth Vader get eaten by Rancor because you never told him to move away and then throwing your computer out the window yelling NOOOOOOOO in your best Vader voice: Priceless

I can imagine chasing a rebel unit through the Cantina then through a um.......couple houses(apartments), then chase that unit through the rotting senate and kill them there :roll:

Ok seriously I can image chasing a Rebel down the narrow streets with a AT-ST :roll:

I can Imagine blowing up the Palace using Y-wings taking out a massive army when it crashes. I'm sorry to any americans if you get flashbacks from 9/11.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

if anyone really does compare that to 9/11 they need to be reeducated it wasn't the end of existance and shouldn't be seen as such a terrible event.(i know i am a terrible american i hate all patriotic songs and think that cathalosism is stupid i'm going to hell :twisted: )

BUT anyway i think any city map should have choke points galore also the actual base should be spread throughout the city not clusterred like on other maps

I hated that too Mr. brother and Coruscant should be a more troop kinda battle place (stormtroopers ,snipers ,demolitions) rather than having large scale mech battles. That'd kinda be different.....shut up i'm new and i hate you all and i am sad... listen to my wonderful story : )

I think we all should shut up and just Review game itself and let the idiots who are wrong stay wrong so we can laugh at them when they make a totally none researched speech on national television and get shot by some guy named terp who was actually a mexican but was trying to be itallian (but obviously failed) and was abused as a child by his nanny rogrid who was actually like someone from zion comeing to get terp cause he was supposed to be the chosen one but zion got doomed cause he sucked so it blew up and then some guy came into his life who gave him some marajuannnnnnnna and then he put it on a hamburger but unfourtuanatley the hamburgler stole it and was arrested for stealing burgers and having drugs. Now onto the 2nd half. Terp was now like ''WTF'' cause he lost his hamburger..sooo he went home and ordered some chinese food which ended up having samenenealelelela and he died shortly after that due to inflamed left 3rd toe. BUT, he came back to life cause he remembered where his hamburger was,so he then went over to the evidence locker and got kiled my a monkey with a shockgun and was then buried in north dakota (which i still wonder if it actually exists) and his soul killed that idiot i earlier talked about

Yub Yub commander

Massive troop battles with couple AT-STs and whatever the Rebels have :roll: Well I bet we'll be seeing lots of fighters high up in the air trying to get past them buildings.

Welcome to the Forums Fodbo :) and wow :?

Guest JediIgor
I imagine the map will concentrate around the Imperial Palace (Senate?) buildings and some crucial points like stardocks. There is pretty much no terrain in Coruscant since it's all one big city. Or maybe they can just make Coruscant auto-resolve...? I don't think I've ever seen a Star Wars game take you to Coruscant anyways.

I know igor more than you all do..a little bit.. Troop battles should be the big thing on corusaunt not mechs and stuff...IN FACT there shouldn't even be allowing bombing cause that might kill people
Yub Yub commander

JKA had a mission on Coruscant, Rogue Squadron the game has had missions on Coruscant. The Rogue Squadron Gamecube series has had missions on Coruscant.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Guest JediIgor
JKA had a mission on Coruscant, Rogue Squadron the game has had missions on Coruscant. The Rogue Squadron Gamecube series has had missions on Coruscant.

JKA had a mission on Coruscant? I played through the entire game and I don't even remember this now. I hope EaW's coruscant level is a bit more memorable ;).

You know, has anyone here ever played Emperor: Battle for Dune? If you recall, there is a level where you and a bunch of your armed forces are playing in the inside of a Guild Highliner, and while your combat takes place on all sorts of bridges and platforms, the level itself does a great job of handling scale - it really looks 3D and like there are a whole bunch of other levels beneath you. They made elevation look very detailed and varied, too. Imagine what Petroglyph could do with that hypothetical, what with their new graphics engine. Coruscant, if they're going to do it (and I don't see how they could not), is going to look breath-taking. Why else haven't we seen any screenshots yet?

City lvl's and such would be nice, but i think it's wishful thinking. It will probably be a big city scape. If it's like that, there are some advantages and disadvantages. For example, cover would be easy to find, moving around quickly. Create funnel defences, requiring less troops to hold certain positions. If it's possible, imagin landing artilery ontop of a building and wreaking havoc on the enemy. I wonder if u could blow up buildings being used as cover, clear a path through them, so to speak.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg