EAW Holiday celebration

:arrow: Cool stuff - thank you - its just that we have here games for mobiles so one tester could test the hole game. I could consider to make them test only one particular game so they will become experts in it ... this will work well - I will go to speak with the QA leads and make this a rule when ever its possible.

:arrow: Also I will need your knowhow support or at least moral support if you are busy in one of our endeavors that we try to start :

http://swempireatwar.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1166

Take a look and let me know if I have your blessing.

:arrow: ... btw my GM ask me in what company you are now ? .... I remember that its a small new one.

PS. and a link to the Lair trailer ... I don't seem to find it.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Well if EAW succeeds in the market area and not just in the fan base and they see your name in both EAW and Factor-5 I could imagine a boost. Even if oyur not in the credits your name is still known :P

Thanks.

Somehow the eaw developing story actually reminds me of the star wars story. So much action, so much hope and force use.

Brett your name will be forever associated with EAW and I don’t think that someone else will never take the place as new lead producer for eaw.

Hey we can still connect you to the fate of eaw. We are designing a virtual moding community – the NMA – a very powerful one – so …. How about taking the role of lead producer there? You will be guide the production of eaw mods. Nothing much to do just an advice here and there. It will be extremely cool and it will keep you close too your baby not to mention that you will have the power to influence all the eaw mods. Come back and take the job :) I know that your moral support will be able to help allot the moding community and I estimate that we will require from you a max of 5-10 replys per week.

So … what do you say ?! Did you missed your baby and the action around eaw ?

You are an inspiration to us all and even now I can sense your absence in the development of eaw. The other guys at LEC don’t have your focus and your skill. They are close but not close enough.

I remember the past when I did so much research to find out who you are :) – I know your capabilities and I’m sure LEC should have never let you go – they should have made an offer that you could not refuse.

But then … fresh air its also good J And more fun.

Btw how are the dragons doing J fighting bugs ? When do you estimate that the game will be ready ?

Edit

PS. I’m managing the daily priorities for the QA and Developing and listen to cool smooth music. But I can’t concentrate – I still have in my head the days when Brett was lead producer J when he managed eaw and made trips to Las Vegas to e3 etc. Ahhh what nice times – I miss them a lot.

These feelings have a certain melancholic aura in my heart that’s why I will “killâ€

@ Brett

Brett still working on the Drak (dragon in Slovak) game? Well hope another announcement comes out within a 3 weeks and 2 months :P If not then no biggie since other game to worry about, besides I dont have a PS3 yet :P Well Brett what you think of Rise of Legends so far if you tracked it? And Civ 4 if you have it? Well just wondering what you think of Rise of Legends since I like the dragons in there ;)

@Cain

Anyways hope this modding community grows since we've been getting negative feedback from Fosh and Jugger since the way you worded things Cain. Borg from Star Trek, no emotions and just working like mindless drones and acting as "one". Well for those that have hard time getting modders or resources this should be an easy way and the fasted and "best" way to support both the modding and the game. One more thing is, is my rank punishment over? (If so could I get the rank of "G-Mod leader") :P Mistakes you learn in live is sometimes harsh. Well hope what I said didn't get all jumbled up gain and get a weird response. :|

Yeah I'm still working on the Drak game :) And also on another cool game that I really hope gets approved soon. It's in the pre development phase which means that if it's an original idea the publisher will often kill it because it's truely original and we'll have to start all over again :cry: It's a minor miricle that's they allowed EAW out of pre development since it's also original. I did buy Civ IV but I had to return it because it wouldn't run on my machine due to all of the bugs. And trust me when I say that my machine is kick ass and very compatible with 99% of the PC games out there. Haven't played Rise of Legends yet....

As for being the producer on NMA I'll have to think about that. While I'm honored that you want me for the postition it takes a lot time, effort and brain power to help run sometime like that. And I'm not sure I have my brain power to spare atm :lol: But you're also correct that I miss working on Star Wars! It's not bragging when I say that no one has worked on more Star Wars games than me and I like to think I worked on some of the best ones too. It was the most fun I've had in my life and I had the honor of working with some great and very tallented people on those projects.

-Katarn

As for being the producer on NMA I'll have to think about that. While I'm honored that you want me for the postition it takes a lot time, effort and brain power to help run sometime like that. And I'm not sure I have my brain power to spare atm :lol: But you're also correct that I miss working on Star Wars! It's not bragging when I say that no one has worked on more Star Wars games than me and I like to think I worked on some of the best ones too. It was the most fun I've had in my life and I had the honor of working with some great and very tallented people on those projects.

-Katarn

Katran you don't actualy need to invest to much effort since you can't anyway - you don't have the time.

You will only look at the big picture and give an indication here and there. We will have detailed raports so you will be able to look at those to help you see the parts of the work picture that you will not have time to see.

Ok maybe Lead Producer is too involving - how about the title of :

Production Executive so you will be abouve all the Senior Producers and the Lead Producers (*We will cover many mods so why not have those ranks too ?!).

You will be final consultant and ultimate judge in management or know-how matters&issues that all the rest of us togehter can't figure out.

You helped me so much to get industry so I want this kids to get the same chance to be inspired by you and your presence.

Now that I'm thinking more .... It is a real fact that your presence will motivate them to learn more and do better.

I want to make the NMA a good place were you can prepare&educate your self before applying for a job in the industry.

So what do you say ? Can we have your presence in the NMA ? even if you can be there only 1 hour a week it will still be more than enough to help this kids :)

Pls. Master Katran I am still your apprentice - but I've becomed a jedi - lets help others become jedis as well :)

@ Cain: Guess thats a no for me being done for punishment. Cain sure looks in one area and seems to forget the other or maybe thats just me not seeing what he sees. Hes focused on starting something and not looking at the "scenery".

@Brett: Civ 4 has bugs but I only came across the minimap black portion bug. 3 hours into the game it overheats my computer but thats normal with my computer games but this actually forces it it seems like it because of graphics. Rise of Legends isn't out unless you guys get a free beta testing like thing :|

:)

@ Cain: Guess thats a no for me being done for punishment. Cain sure looks in one area and seems to forget the other or maybe thats just me not seeing what he sees. Hes focused on starting something and not looking at the "scenery".

:)

Its ok :) I was going in a hurry over the topics so I missed that - you may consider your self back to the old rank :) You have admin powers so pls. edit your self back - it was anyway a simbolic punishment ;)

@Cain

Cain you missunderstood what I was meaning, I was saying that i'm just going to be less active on this forum since i've been here since may and i'm always on this forum even during school time. I haven't left and neither has anybody else but right now us moderators/regulars are in a loop and need a break. The other half are just annoyed at the same questions being asked the same question over 50 million times. Also Cain you missunderstood but since you made this forum you can chose if we need another moderator but not Dorkthehunter.

As I told Garbageben

If the forums are possitive so will be the people but if this forum is negative then so will be the people so if we make it possitive then the forums will be postive but if its negative so will the people. Thats how it works right? (He replied with a yes).

Sorry about that its just needed to get somethign straight so this forum doesn't go downhill which Garbageben is worried about and got me all paranoid.

@Brett

I see you all the time but no replies anymore but I hope everything is going fine for you. Well its getting to the time where we give gifts to people but sending it over the internet will be hard :roll:

Civ 4 Problem I just encountered for the second time.

Well I played Civ 4 on one city challenge with a member from PFF forums (Wiking) and I was the Japs and he was Roman and the Barbarians swarmed him and sent 2 units at me and he couldn't build and I could. He was inland and I was at the shorline so he couldn't stand it. Well he left then I exited the game so then it REBOOTED MY COMPUTER.

:arrow: Ok Ghostly :) don't worry about spammers.

:arrow: We do have now a "shoot to kill" policy - so if they do not folow our style - ban them. Just let me know before you do it.

:arrow: Thanks

:arrow: BTW did you reinstated Fosh and Juggernaut1985 as moderators ? Fosh positions and loiality its pretty strange.

If he decides to harm the forum - then what ?

This hole actions as : " I'm going to Nexus , I'm going away , I will be a shadow , I'm back " etc really upsets me and make me doubt Fosh a lot.

Fosh will not be a moderator until Ismael takes a decission.

And Ismael I hope to see more of you as well...And of course it's always good to see Ghostly around and still going strong.

talk to ya soon

-Katarn

I should be more active from now one. Cain said that people (moderators) were becoming shadows so he asked me to make an effort to fix my pc / it was the modem :)

I do hope to see you join us in the NMA / I hope we will learn from you.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

Petroglyph FF Admin.

edit: How rude of me to tell you what to do. Ok thats just insane about Civ 4 how I can get easily swarmed by barbarians. 10 vs 2 units :|

Well thought I could share this with you (Right click and save as):

http://www.wintertactics.com/audio/26%20Standing%20in%20the%20Rain%20-%20Agnelli%20and%20Nelson%20Feat%20Aureas.mp3

Ismael you post about as often as I :wink:

Yeah sorry about the deleted message. (you're very obserbvant!) I was going to say happy thanksgiving to all of you but I realized that you guys probably don't celebrate that particular holliday. Anyway happy holdays! And I'm willing to help out and join and NMA. But as you guys can probably tell my avalible time is pretty limted these days. So I'll need to pick carefully what things I get involved with. I liked Cain's idea of have producers that would handle most of the day to days tasks. When we need to make the major decisions we can all get together and I'll help out anyway I can. And I'd be happy to look over the reports and give feedback.

I'm going to repurchase Civ IV once they release that patch!! Damn sloppyFdevelopers releasing a game that buggy!! Shiping fairly clean games is one thing I'm pretty pround of. And judging by Petro's early code I think their final release is going to be fairly bug free too.

Cheers

-Katarn

@ Brett: Well a new patch is out but uh......I didn't actually see what it did. I just downloded it just so I could play online with other PFF members. One thing I hate about ragging barbarians is that they flood you like a flippin river. I'm dead within 10-50 turns that its not even funny. No matter how many units I have and what villages I steal from them they just come like a stream.

@Cain, BTW did you reinstated Fosh and Juggernaut1985 as moderators ? Fosh positions and loiality its pretty strange. <----WHAT, I didn't read this part and you didn't pm me about this. What the flip. Well Cain your the boss around here and i'm just the assistant so I dont want to screw anything up like the mass 3 page deletion I caused.

@Brett : This is a great news - And I'm very happy :) At the moment there is notyhing much to do in the NMA just preliminary management admin and I'm prepareing to give a powerful reply to the Nexus here :

http://swempireatwar.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1305

The Nexus guys are a bit to much agressive in my view - not to mention arogants. Still I do hope to defeat them in this NMA vision debate ... their first error is that they accepted my ideological battlefield location and they don't know that I had many debates like this in the past with the TTO - so for me its a "dejavu" (or how its spelled).

@Ghostly : Are you still upset with the deletion issue - loll - don't be - Its true that you upseted me then but your motives were good so your recieved a symbolic punishment not to mention that you are the onl;y member with admin powers. So do consider that we have a lot of trust in you and we see you as a part of the family :)

As for Fosh - he worries me a lot - I will probably advaice Ismael to never make him a moderator again.

And you and I need to communicate better ;)

@Cain: Ya Fosh said that Admins troll now so I lost confidence in him once he said that. I have doubts now about him just because he said that. If its competition or him claiming its December maddness he is indirectly attacking me.

@ Civ 4 Crashing: Wtf I just minimize for the third time then BAM it freezes(I was almost near the end of my research then to future and most of the resources) Then waht do I know? Black screen. MSN CRASHED MY CIV 4. BLAH. Common not even Guild Wars or Homeworld 2 does this. Just pathetic.

edit: Well if I dont minimize or have MSN my game runs fine with no hassles. It did lag for 1 min but it went nice. I'm being more efficient in Civ 4 in each game which is nice.

@Brett: LOL good job :wink: (Cain scroll down until you see Sluggo :P )

http://forums.lucasarts.com/thread.jspa?threadID=95208&start=45