Hero Ships...

Vader89

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:arrow: Hero ships like hero characters ?! Well I persoanlly have no clue. I just hope that the game designers finally decided this week to add the ship nameing and renameing in the game as a option. If we will not have that I don't think hero ships will be able to exist.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Yeah i dont know what the big deal is over the whole ship naming thing. It cant be difficult to code. I like the idea discussed earlier. Maybe you can name a ship when its proven itself (ie expierience / veterancy).

This all depends whether Heroes (Ground based) are able to be assigned to any space vessel of your choice, or whether for space comabt they are pre programmed to a specific craft. IE: Han will always fly the Falcon in space, so there is just the Millenium F ship model always with the voice of Han.

Hero abilities for special ships would be interesting in the battles though. What exactly the abilities would be I'm not sure, but it would be cool.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

One suggestion was that one of the Mon Clas is the Home One because we only see one ship of this type (never more of them like the winged ones). We can also see a Corellian Transport in some videos and screens. I suggest it might be the Millenium Falcon because it is only found within Rebel fleets and its also always the only ship of this type.

I would love to see the Slave One. But I was just wondering: Will hero ships have abilties?

Alienware PC: 6000 galactic credits

DSL: 26 galatic credits

EaW: 50 galatic credits

Watching Darth Vader get eaten by Rancor because you never told him to move away and then throwing your computer out the window yelling NOOOOOOOO in your best Vader voice: Priceless

i woulde imagine that they would have special abilities. I dont know about the Slave I though. Maybe as a pirate ship or a ship for hire.

Maybe they could evade missles and have thing like explosive charges that can be deployed.

Alienware PC: 6000 galactic credits

DSL: 26 galatic credits

EaW: 50 galatic credits

Watching Darth Vader get eaten by Rancor because you never told him to move away and then throwing your computer out the window yelling NOOOOOOOO in your best Vader voice: Priceless

If Home One was indeed a ship specifically given for a hero in space (like Ackbar), perhaps we would see...well...I believe it is called...

THE EXECUTOR???? :shock:

A star wars game wouldn't be complete without an Executer class star destroyer. I'm cofindent they will include it. I would like to see Rogue Squadron as a hero "ship". As a counter, the 181st.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

This is an interesting juncture because SSDs have been discussed. Petroglyph could have them as a hero ship (Executor) so that there would be just one or they could allow the building of SSDs allowing multiple ones to be built. If the SSD is in fact in the game I wonder if it will be a hero-ship or a ship type that can be built.

I pray that we will be able to make as many SSD's as we can afford. Imagine having like 5 of them in one fleet!!!! Please god make petroglyph put SSD's in the game.

Yeah gen.vader, sounds like a plan now i know i put those 10 billion galactic credits around here somewhere... Also, fosh what happens if they dont put B-Wings in the game? How will you counter me and Gen.vader's 1,000 SSD's, lol!

Lol! If you ever amass 12,000,000 X-wings or B-wings and me and/or gen.vader amass 1,000 ssd's well have to have a show down and see who wins, but id have to side with you on that one. 12 million is a big number.

mhh 12.000.000 multiplikatet with 6 were 42.000.000 torpedos fired at 1.000 SSD were around 42.000 torpedos for each SSD. i think this would be enought to collapse the shields an then we have around 12.000.000 x wings with will make a kamikaze attack to the bridge of the ssd ^^

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

"Der Preis der Freiheit, ist ewige Wachsamkeit" Col. Blair Herz des Tigers

Maths is fun when you know the secret... :P

What is that secret... Well, I shouldn't say. It is a secret after all.

Oh, what the hey. The secret... is to just make numbers up. So for example I will have exactly as many fighters (mixed units of course) but multiplied by Sixty Jillion squared to the power of -1. That should just about do it. Also might put me out of pocket using all those credits to buy them... hmmm... to the bank for a loan. Huzzah. :roll:

Ok, back to reality, does it matter? When the game comes out you can try out this little war of yours. You can do it with the pretext of carrying out balance tests...

Oh, and on Hero ships. Any balancing with them needs to be handled with care, because any hero ships are not godlike. The Millenium Falcon can take a beating, but at no point in the films did it show itself to be capable of taking out Star Destroyers on its own. We wouldn't want them to be stupidly overpowered like hero units sometimes turn out in games.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

There isn't a ship capable of taking out an SD on it's own. Shields are easy to take out on ISDs however in Alliance the ISDs hulls we really weak I mean a TIE can take out the hull with about 20 laser shots!!! Its insane. The Fighters were essentially equipped with Turbolasers instead of basic Laser cannons.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

X-Wing Alliance wasn't really true to the series in a lot of respects, or at least for as much as a fan would like it to be. A couple squadrons of B-Wings could take out an SSD with enough time on their hands. :?

I think that Star Destroyers, which apparently in the expanded universe are the flagships of fleets consisting of hundreds of other ships like Strike Cruisers and Carrack Cruisers, should be configured as such: very elite and expensive units that are fucking near-impossible to destroy by the Rebels, forcing them to engage in multiple battles of attrition (fighter raids, most likely) to gradually damage the Destroyers, allowing them to be vulnerable to a killing blow battle situation when it is vulnerable enough.

And the nice thing about the rebels is that they have the x-wings that can jump into hyperspace so that they can hit and run with righters and not have to worry about putting their cap ships in danger. But you also have to remember that an SSD can carry alot of ties.

I think you guys missed my point. I've seen heroes in other games storm through unit after unit leaving destruction in their wake. Now this is ok in other games like Warcraft III, where the heroes are ment to be exactly that. But this is Star Wars, their space vessels are not meant to be able to do that. Sure the Millenium falcon can take out ties, but faced with a vast amount of ties gunning for it, it should go down like any other ship of it's size. I have a real fear that Heroes may well end up overpowered, it's not as if it hasn't happened anywhere else before...

I know what you mean, the only exception i could see was if it was like one of the Imperial Hero SD's. But any hero ship should perform according to its weapons and size and health, etc. None of whcih should be too far from average. But i forget where i read it but i think one of the developers or someone said that taking down a hero like Darth Vader on the ground would be very diffucult. But i agree with you 100% Heros should be better than the average unit thats why their there but they shouldnt be godlike. I know what you mean with WCIII, some of the missions you do you only control a single unit, the hero and you rampage through everyone else. Darn, now i want to play WCIII just like earlier i had to play C&C Generals.