What does it take to mod a game?

Vader89

If it wasn't free I wouldn't be using it :roll: Yes its free.

Btw my last 3D image above is a ship for people who cant tell. Well since I know more I might attempt to make a Tie Fighter this time around :roll:

Its free but really powerful according to many people who use it. You can do alot of stuff with it but the biggest drawback is that it is very complicated and not user friendly.

In my years of modeling and moding there are a few things i would recomend.

Maya 6 PLE:

Pros: Free to download and comes with tutorials. Also very powerful.

Cons: Confusing interface takes time to get to know and model in.

3dsmax X:

Pros: Very easy to navigate, clean and very powerful. But in renderer is also amazing.

Cons: Not free and trial no longer available

Milkshape3d:

Pros: Made for RTS modeling and older FPS, cost on 20 bucks.

Cons: The layout takes some getting use to. No renderer.

I takes alot of work and dedication to become really good at 3d modeling, but if you have the spirit, go for it

Empire At War: Nexus

Your One Site for All your EaW modding needs!

http://eawnexus.gamingsource.net/bannersandbuttons/nexussig.gif

I would but looks like my current year will be a roller coaster ride I wouldn't even be able to mod until i'm done school :?

I know what you mean, im going into 10th grade, so now grades really count. Im in all Honors Classes and the Gifted Education classes (for smart kids with high IQ's but sometimes i wonder if some of the kids in my class belong there, if you know what i mean :)) I really have to buckle down, last year i got some B's and my Dad flipped, he pressures me into getting good grades cause he never did, lol.

Last year of Uni here, so what with that needing some effort put into, plus the machinima project I work on, plus modereating here...

If I find the time to model anything it will be a miracle after Septemeber.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk