Creating your own charater

I know they're programming their stuff but whats the chance of them chosing this, 50/50? Dice roll ? I say 10% chance. :roll:

Well if theres those profiles like the ones you can find in Homeworld 2 or some other RTS I cant remember.

:arrow: You chose from already made humanoid units like stormtroopers or jedi or rebel pilot or whatever (not hero units already made)

:arrow: Then you customize its look a bit like color and symbols on it

:arrow: You chose its side.

:arrow: You name it you so everytime you play it will be near the first units you have or build or homeplanet.

:arrow: you chose its special ability depending on what unit it is

:arrow: then accept and done.

Then it acts like any other character but once its dead its dead maybe along with any other unit :roll:

Ruin the gameplay ? You make your own plot for flip sakes :roll: Also among those billions upon billions of humanoid races someone turns into a hero :roll:

Mod yourself into the game. I doubt you'll be able to actually create your own hero. They're more than likely going with a set amount of heros on both sides. And as they've announced in interviews in the past you'll have to find them on certain planets and so on.

The thing is I dont have a mod toll and second I dont know how to mod :roll:

This community seems nice enough that if you ask one of the modders to make a character to set specifications they might just see what they can do about it. Of course the game needs to come out before its seen on whether or not you can mod in new heros to the existing list or have to replace heros with the new ones.

I'm waiting till the game comes out but in the mean time I asked people in this forums if they can help me out with a mod I want to make but dont know how. No RTS game I know out there that has a name of Gundam on or in it so i'm asking if anybody wants to FINALLY mod it in a game and not be a dead mod :shock:

back on topic. ya maybe I shall in the mod section but just wondering what people think about if it was in game.

I'm waiting till the game comes out but in the mean time I asked people in this forums if they can help me out with a mod I want to make but dont know how. No RTS game I know out there that has a name of Gundam on or in it so i'm asking if anybody wants to FINALLY mod it in a game and not be a dead mod :shock:

back on topic. ya maybe I shall in the mod section but just wondering what people think about if it was in game.

Well Gundam wouldnt be easy to do in a mod at all...and not with EaW which has more worlds than Gundam has in locations..and then again it also depends on if you're doing UC, or AC...I think UC is much better..-has a dislike for the five children-..but yea..anyway I'd love to help ya but I'm not a modder myself. I'm more of the kind of guy with ideas for mods that people might want to persue..like Space Above and Beyond, or Wing Commander, or Babylon 5 during the Dilgar or Minbari Wars.

Back to the topice, I'd like the ability to create my own heroes, but I really don't think they will have this element in EAW. They might possibly have some way of doing it in a scenario editor or another additonal program without replacing old ones. If they do I'll be happy to make do with that.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

I, too, would like to be able to create my own heroes, or add into the game characters that I think SHOULD be in (like Dash Rendar).

I mean, I can't be the only one who would think it would be cool to be able to make Jedis/Siths/Bounty Hunters/Mercenaries and anything else cool in the universe of Star Wars, using any Race they prefer.

Me? I'd like to create a bad-ass Jedi or Sith Trandoshans and Falleen. What can I say? They're like my fave races in the Star Wars Universe, but they don't see much exposure besides their most famous figureheads (Bossk for the Trandoshans, and the supposedly very dead Prince Xizor from SOTE).

It would be nice if they allowed for that type of flexibilty, but I'm not holding my breath. We'll just have to wait n see...

I rather keep RPG elements out of RTSs. I think that is why I never could get into Warcraft III, to much focus on single powerful hero characters and not enough mass carnage of multiple armies duking it out. I much rather play as the nameless omnipotent commander with several military divisions/squadrons ready to do my bidding. I think this view is a hold-over from my days of heavy C&C playing.

I rather keep RPG elements out of RTSs. I think that is why I never could get into Warcraft III, to much focus on single powerful hero characters and not enough mass carnage of multiple armies duking it out. I much rather play as the nameless omnipotent commander with several military divisions/squadrons ready to do my bidding. I think this view is a hold-over from my days of heavy C&C playing.

Well you would get to be nameless and omnipotent. He's just suggesting a character for you to be able to use, like a Han Solo or something. That's why the created character can die without causing you to lose. It would just be something fun to add to the game. I like the idea by the way.

I agree with Kun in the fact that I would like to construct Corran Horn and other Rogue Squadron characters if they were not in the basic lineup.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

RPG ? Its just a character you made and named and no experience points. Its just a character on a field you just might use at certain times thats all :roll: Adding characters that weren't their ? Would be nice :)

I agree with Kun in the fact that I would like to construct Corran Horn and other Rogue Squadron characters if they were not in the basic lineup.

Aaah...Rouge Squadron...

Yeah, of course Wedge is going to find a way in the game, but what about the likes of Kasan Moore, Corran (who you listed) and others?

All the more reason why this game needs flexibility with its engine in spades!

• 2 weeks later...
I dont know but it seems to me that Heros can have a solid role in a RTS game. Knowing how to use them properly is important. Consider how important Generals are in RTW, a outstanding RTS. Heros add depth to the campaign, I just hope that advanceable heros, or to say heros that can grow in power... ie minor to major heros, and Veterancy are in the game.

Maybe you start off with Shockingly poor characters like Lieutenant Darklighter and Antilles and Skywalker then when they get experience in battle they advance in Rank. Luke initially is just a normal rank then after he goes to Dagobah becomes a "jedi General" then after a battle with Vader you decide if you will abandon the force or become a jedi full time so start up the jedi path with the abilities of Vader like force Crush etc... If not you just become a General and can give extra experience to the troops and a Leadership boost.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

The thing is I dont have a mod toll and second I dont know how to mod :roll:

Well not yet at least i think you can learn. :D (Hopefully me too!)

Also i like the Create your own Character idea.

I've said this elsewhere, but do any of you people remember how in SWR you, the faceless commander, had your headquarters ship? The opening and losing cinematics establish those, what I would like to see are those flagships with you, the player, at their helm, implemented as actual game units. You could use them in battle, and watch action unfold from the bridge like the wannabe Grand Admiral Thrawn we all dream of playing out.
INTENSIFY FORWARD FIREPOWER!!!