Quality Assurance: How will you test EAW to perfection ?!

Cain

:arrow: Well I'm a moder so I will let you know how I tested my mods especially the ones for SW Rebellion.

:arrow: Every ship was tested against all the other ships and even against other ship different numerous other combinations. This way I could quicly see the ship strenghts and errors in textures or stats.

:arrow:The best way to test the balance was to put the AI wage war against the AI on fast more and see how it will work and who will win.

:arrow: If one side wins I will start to search what they have builded and follow their AI steps to see what they excesivly do. Once the ship or unit located you modify its stats and start the testing again.

:arrow:Gtg I will edit this later...

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Better idea: free beta test. And not through f-ing fileplanet either. The AI can only do things the way the developers expect things to happen. Units need to be tested by players so that it will be balanced as the community-and the consumers for that matter-feel happy with it.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

What are all the stars for??

anyway. Release a beta version to the first 100 downloaders at 12midday Western Standard time from the Petroglyph main homepage. We all of course get the Beta due to all of our help and idea posting!!

We have to do network gaming to test out the Internet settings and to ensure that the game works on loads of different PC types.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Better idea: free beta test. And not through ******** ********* ********........*********************************** fileplanet either. The AI can only do things the way the developers expect things to happen. Units need to be tested by players so that it will be balanced as the community-and the consumers for that matter-feel happy with it.

could nt agree more...

The best way of testing it is playing it in a league at high levels because new tactics develop and you can see which units, factions, whatever need fixing. Humans always have better ideas and can create new tactics, which the AI cant ;)

rofl everybody asking for beta testing :roll: gready :P lol sure why not if thats a possibility.

I get bored when the AI gets easily defeated so I extend the battle to see if it can recover and if it doesn't I just kill it. Or when the AI likes to repeat its moves over and over and over or uses the outnumbering tactics over and over. Yup people sometimes travel along side the edges of the map and strike that way :roll: I sometimes get bored playing against AI and wonder if it had a personality as in it can talk and act like a real person (RON almost did this but failed) :roll:

Homeworld 2 the AI is good since it quickly made battlecruisers and hyperspaced one over to my shipyard and destroyed it before I could create a Starcruiser :shock: so I build a gravitywall then it builds bombers and attacks me the old fashioned way and that gets boring but laughable.

Just my 2 cents I threw on the floor.