Overhyping-a word of caution

Juggernaut1985

No offense to anyone here but I hope we don't hype ourselves up too much and then get the game and find it to be lacking.

I have full confidence in Petroglyph becuase they made C&C(Great RTS series) and I know they will do it right but I caution everyone here to not look for things that may not be in the game. Over hyping yourself will make you super disappointed later.

Just my piece.

:arrow: Even if we hype it a little - I think Petroglyph desirves it and LEC too.

:arrow: Even if EAW will not get out perfect for hardcore players I'm sure his modability level will enable the moders to get it close to perfection.

:arrow: I know we promote alot EAW and that Petroglyph are a team of real developers .... but to me they look like a moding team. If we gamers can promote mods why not real games ?

:arrow: A developing team can be as cool and as accesable like a moding team - they are humans as well :) and gamers like us.

:arrow: Btw a year ago did you ever imagined that a forum hosted by free forums will get an interview about a new game aproved by LEC with the Lead Programer and Lead Designer ?!

:arrow: ... so I say that our dream is real :) and EAW desirve our support and help more than any other game.

my piece ;)

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I personally am looking forward to this game because I'm a hard-core rts gamer and this game looks like a treat. But what's got me worried is this branding of 'Rebellion 2' and I'm afraid this is going to cause a lot of dissapointment when it comes out.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

I'm not bashing anyhting or calling anything Petro is doing bad. But how many times have you seen great games and then when you buy it its bad. Best example is halo 2.

Ah, but Halo 2 is a matter of opinion. I know a lot of people who loved it.

Fable is a much better example.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

I try to take the game as I see it from videos and official sources. I have no problem suggesting or discussion other ideas that may well not be introduced in any form, but as long as I keep in mind what's actually there and what's not I'm sure it will turn out how it looks in my head.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

I'm hyped about what i'm seeing in screenshots and every EAW video out there. It'll be better then anything but over hyping from now till December or January might be necessary to keep liking EAW. Before and during the game is being released we have enough hype left over that we can enjoy the game like it was meant to be played :lol:

Why did you bring Halo 2 into this topic ? I seriously hate that overhyped, over played (Censored by poster) game which is just like any other game :shock:

No offense to anyone here but I hope we don't hype ourselves up too much and then get the game and find it to be lacking.

I have full confidence in Petroglyph becuase they made C&C(Great RTS series) and I know they will do it right but I caution everyone here to not look for things that may not be in the game. Over hyping yourself will make you super disappointed later.

Just my piece.

Yeah, that's quite true. I knew this with StarWars Galaxies. Then, I wondered : "was I waiting for the ultimate SW Game ? The game which will permit me to have an alternative life in the SW universe". At the beginning I'd say "Yeah that's why i xas disapointed." But now I know this is not the problem. I loved the game at the beginning, and why I stopped was because of the game orientation (Jedi everywhere, no funny PVP) and overall, friends leaving the game.

It will be the same thing here. Think about Rebellion. The game was a bad game according the press. But for fans, it was fantastic and people are always playing it because there is the SW "touch".

If EaW has the SW touch, if we can feel the SW universe, then, We can't be sad ;)

I've stopped calling it Rebellion 2 as there are so many different points in this game which were not mentioned in Rebellion. The entire structure is completely different so we should be hyping about this game as THE Star Wars RTS of our era.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I'm not over hyping and i think many of us agree were just looking at what evidence of the game we have and judging by screenshots and vids, this game is gonna rock! And there is still a lot of time until its releases (see link below) so it can only get better and better.