Nothing to fancy

Ocih Weogi

Ok this isnt something you do every battle but if EaW allows you to let your ships travel in hyperspace and such when your fleeing a battle this would work.

The key part of this is an Interdictor cruiser and timing. The Imperials would most likely be the only ones who could do this since they have Interdictors. This is a tactic to use when you have someone important or something important travelling the hyperspace lanes. We can use a hero in this case. Have the Hero, in his flagship and allow some other light cruisers, not a big force but a convincing one atleast. The Rebels attack with presumably a large fleet and the battle begins between these two forces. Now before the battle begins you want to place your Interdictor and the larger part of your fleet at the hyperspace lane that your skirmish force will retreat to. Once the skirmish force has been reduced to a few ships(the Hero's ship should try to survive) and then flee into the sector where you have the Interdictor and your larger force. The Rebels should follow because theres a few ships left and theres an important person that just fled the battle. Once they catch up they get caught in the Interdictor field so they cant escape while the regrouped Imperial fleet destroys the Rebel fleet.

Now i dont know much about the capabilities of EaW so at any point one thing of this plan couldnt be possible, but thats that for now :)

a little messy clean up tactic lol. Would come in handy tho when your think you would lose and end up destroying the very tired Rebel fleet :P

but it might be foiled since the Rebels can see everything but theres a chance they might ignore the size of fleet in that area :roll:

If u retreated, i'd probably stay and land my ground assult forces on your now unprotected planet, then reinforce the orbiting fleet, while u wait for a counter attack. But by that time u realized i wasn't comming after u, i'd own the planet, and defences would start going up. Once the planet was secure, then i'd come after u, and u'd be out a planet. Of course there are quite a few other variables, like that perticular planet might have a very large ground defence, desimating my attack force. Or, that retreat was a ruse, and u launched a bigger attack on some other system.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

True although i would know how long it took me and how long it should take the rebels to come after me therefore if time passed by i could send my whole fleet to the system I was just in, catching the forces in suprise and then sending an attack force to help the force on the planet already.

Btw does this site have an IRC chatroom. If so could you tell me it please

Btw does this site have an IRC chatroom. If so could you tell me it please

:arrow: First ctpjs welcome here and enjoy your stay with us in our small EAW home :).

:arrow: Nope no chat room until now - mostly cause we try to do replys that count. We also want developers to follow our debates so they will know better what the feeling of the community is or was in a particular moment in time.

:arrow: Maybe in the future we will make such a chatroom ... who knows :D

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -