Battle for Middle Earth 2!

TSKNF

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol highlarious. Its like saying that Republic Commando's better then Halo on a halo thread. Imagine all the "fanboys" there  ;D Tried saying how much Halo sucked and got flamed and got those lame counter flames which copies your format of flame and turns it against you and makes them look stupid.

Well its actually funner seeing them get dissed by their own post since "it shows how educated they are".

Well its actually funner seeing them get dissed by their own post since "it shows how educated they are".

Hehe! That's funny! You said "it shows how educated they are" when you used "funner" in the post. ;D ;):):D

Oh man.....I'm too easily amused! The beta won't work for my computer. :'( I was good at the first one, but it got old after a while. Good game though, worth the money.

Protecting the world from those who have an IQ higher than 30! Huzzah!

Trust me...I'm a professional.

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5380/pffuserbar2modnp0.jpg

Hehe! That's funny! You said "it shows how educated they are" when you used "funner" in the post. ;D ;):):D

Oh man.....I'm too easily amused! The beta won't work for my computer. :'( I was good at the first one, but it got old after a while. Good game though, worth the money.

funner vs funnier, well it doesn't show how uneducated I am. The point I was getting across is that the trolls post would work against them like the one Garbageben posted.....ok then xfired to me. The troll didn't bother understanding Garbageben's post so he semi-posted on topic while flaming. Don't you just love it when the trolls post works against them? Hopefully it doesn't backfire on the good person  ;D

funner vs funnier, well it doesn't show how uneducated I am. The point I was getting across is that the trolls post would work against them like the one Garbageben posted.....ok then xfired to me. The troll didn't bother understanding Garbageben's post so he semi-posted on topic while flaming. Don't you just love it when the trolls post works against them? Hopefully it doesn't backfire on the good person  ;D

I was just trying to make a joke. I hope you weren't offended by it.

I don't get the post. Who are you talking about??? Who's the troll? (we should make that a gameshow)

Some other members and I are trying to be superheroes and save the forums. But we can't do it on our own. We need your help! Join us!

Hello and meet "insert censored name here, the forums best Troll

Hello and meet "insert censored name here, the forums best Spammer

Hello and meet "insert censored name here, the forums best Flamer

Hello and meet "insert censored name here, the forums best Bananannanaanna (how do youspel banana)

Evacuate, in our moment of triumph. I think you overestimate their chances. :)

Please can you post a comment on My clone story, in fan fiction. :)

http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2306.0

(\_/)

(O.O)

(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

I was just trying to make a joke. I hope you weren't offended by it.

I don't get the post. Who are you talking about??? Who's the troll? (we should make that a gameshow)

Well apperently its the gamespot people saying BFME 2 demo/beta is better then EAW Demo. Seeing as how we can easily mod the EAW Demo and how more intelligent it is you know which is great. Even tho BFME 2 has a hero maker I still will only use my hero during battles since creating armies is just a waste of time for me now in BFME 2.

the demo is hugh, i have had to try three time but knw it is on 15% going at 110 mbps

But I am getting 2 meg soon :)

(\_/)

(O.O)

(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination

I downloaded and played the demo last night.  The wall building is cool and freeform building is cool, but some of my main gripes about the original remain.  The biggest one is the face plastered to the monitor effect of the horibly short zoom range.  The max zoom out is way too close.

My Death Star is bigger than your Death Star!

"The XML is strong with this one!"

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/bg/type/0/teradyn.png

I AM HAVING TROUBLE DOWNLOADING IT :(

ps that was not flaming my caps lock key was on by accident

(\_/)

(O.O)

I AM HAVING TROUBLE DOWNLOADING IT :(

ps that was not flaming my caps lock key was on by accident

Could you explain exactly what is the trouble?  Maybe we can help.  I got mine off of Fileplanet and it works fine.

Also the game takes a while to actually start up.  It stayed at the splash screen for about 4 minutes before actually starting the game (after double-clicking the icon).

Damn, well good thing I didn't download it and only had the beta  ;D Besides I wouldn't even play it solo since it sucks singleplayer wise. If it was multiplayer then I would use my heroes I would create and build in GB place.

It keeps on gong very slow, but I have just realised my internet was being updated at the time

(\_/)

(O.O)

Guest JediIgor
I played the game, having units that gain experience is great, though at higher levels it'd be nicer if we could "specialize" units like of like in Wesnoth. However, the most interesting part (War of the Ring) wasn't in the demo, so that's really what depends on whether I get this game at all.

HALO IS GOOD!!! There, I said it.

Played the demo last night, and I like the improvements made to the game. The Dwarves faction pwns. Graphically, there isn't too much improvement (Thank God, because I like big, big battles, and the original slowed once I used up about 1000 pop points), and gameplay is pretty similar. My only real problem with it so far is how far apart resource buildings have to be, but I'm sure I can easily change that in the code once I get the game.

Gauging everything, I'd say I'll certainly get BfME II. And of course, EaW I'm getting today...

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/NightshadowDragon/RyuuKageSIG.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/NightshadowDragon/AoSW-JCW_Banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I got the game ! I got the game !

Loll - What can I say ... the boys in the EA RTS departament did a nice job. Need to drop them a congratz email.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Nope since me and Garbageben played the beta. He played the demo and I just fiddled around. Well i'll tell you the good and the bad.

Note these are my opinions.

The Good:

- Custom heroes

- Heroes

- Huge armies

- Custom base

- Custom walls

- Build defences on walls

- Resources come from wells

- Able to build tunnels (i'd rather build underground to hide :P)

- Have dwellings to gain money and resources from

- How the fire expands and have workers to put it out.

The Bad

- Resource wells have to be far apart, who bloody cares if its close together.

- Maps I played on sucked rear

- C&C General engine feel to it which just ruined it for me

- Horrible sea battles. Was hoping for something more epic and a better feel to it.

- Small maps (When I played on them).

Oh and who sticked this thread?  ;D

THE ULTIMATE QUESTION:

Is BFME II Better than EAW??

Nope - but it is close to EAW - but not as good.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

The 2nd Ultimate Question....

Should I spend money buying it?

Well....if you don't want to spend money buying it, you could always trade something for it.  ;D

Or pay in something else besides money...

But really, I think that it will be a very good game, but just not as good as EAW. I like the make your own hero option, and the reasource building radius thing seems like a good idea to me also.

Mine arrived yesterday and i'm getting it today. Lol, and can someone tell Lionhead to get their head out of their rear? Maybe somehow force EA BFME 2 team to force Lionhead into making a proper game. If B&W 2 isn't good and BFME 2 isn't either then you should be worried.

edit: Got the game and 6 CDS!?!???!!?!

edit: Damn multiplayer froze my computer !!!!

- Lack of hero customization ways so expect repeats

- Unless you expand your going to stay poor

- Heroes boost your troops morale and make them cheer when you march your heroes.

- Can't repair a wall so your going to have to tear it all down and bring it back up if destroyed at a wall joint.

Edited by Ghostly_Substance