Game Idea - STAR WARS: SITH LORDS

Tyranus_pff

I decided to post this after Ghostly Substance put up his idea about a Star Wars-based game. Tell me what you think, and if you'd buy it or not...

- STAR WARS: SITH LORDS

- Third-person Action/Adventure (with vehicle missions)

- PlayStation2, Xbox, PC and GameCube

- You play through all six Star Wars feature films taking the roles of the Dark Lords of the Sith: Darth Maul, Darth Tyranus, Darth Sidious and Darth Vader. Your missions range from tracking targets to duelling Jedi Knights and purging the galaxy of justice. Rise from the shadows, seize power and hold on to it as long as possible using the Dark Side of the Force and various weapons and gadgets including 'Dark Eye' remote probes and multiple types of lightsaber. Vehicles such as speeder bikes and TIE Fighters are also at your wicked disposal. Stealth tactics and lurking in the shadows can be just as effective as raw power, too, so remember to act wisely. A good warrior knows the odds and uses them to his advantage: wipe them out. All of them!

- Missions:

1:Tracking Queen Amidala

- Sith Lord: Darth Maul

- Objectives: Land on Tatooine, locate a suitable stealthy position and scan the nearby settlements with 'Dark Eye' probes to locate Queen Amidala and her Jedi protectors.

2: Desert Duel

- Objectives: Beat the clock using your Sith Speeder to reach the Royal Starship before it leaves and come face-to-face with Qui-Gon Jinn in an effort to detain Queen Amidala and force her to hand over her home.

3: War on Naboo: Part One

- Objectives: Sneak into the main hangar during the battle between the Nubians and the Droid Army and confront Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi, in a duel to the death.

4: War on Naboo: Part Two

- Objectives: You've been split up from your opponents by ray shields. First, deal with your nemesis Qui-Gon Jinn and then face his young and energetic Padawan in the final battle.

5: Geonosian Ambush

- Sith Lord: Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku)

- Objectives: Escape the Jedi forces that have invaded the Separatist fortress on Geonosis, collect the Death Star plans and find your hangar bay before the Clonetroopers find and destroy your escape route.

6: Deadly Chase

- Objectives: Navigate the baron Geonosian landscape on your custom Speeder Bike while avoiding Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, who are chasing you in a Republic Gunship, and reach your hidden Solar Sailor.

7: Three Against One

- Objectives: Subdue Anakin Skywalker while you face Obi-Wan Kenobi, then deal with the Chosen One's vicious attack before using the Dark Side and your lightsaber to face Yoda, your former Master.

8: Dark Side Betrayal

- Objectives: You've laid a trap for Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi by "kidnapping" Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. Duel with both Jedi before discovering the truth behind the entire scheme above Coruscant.

9: Master Versus Master

- Sith Lord: Darth Sidious (Supreme Chancellor Palpatine)

- Objectives: Mace Windu and three other Jedi Masters have discovered your twisted plot to rule the galaxy, and therefore must be destroyed. Using lightsaber skills and Dark Side power, kill the intruders.

10: Purge of the Light Side

- Sith Lord: Darth Vader

- Objectives: With the Clonetroopers at your command and stealth technology, infiltrate the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and wipe out all the Jedi you can find under the orders of your new Master, Darth Sidious.

11: Ultimate Power: Part One

- Sith Lord: Darth Sidious (Emperor Palpatine)

- Objectives: With Darth Vader out doing your bidding, you're left to face Jedi Master Yoda in a final duel that will decide the fate of the galaxy. Defend against Yoda in the Senate Chamber and show him the true power of the Force.

12: Ultimate Power: Part Two

- Objectives: Your wife, Padme Amidala, has just revealed her true colours and now Obi-Wan Kenobi challenges your newfound power. Face him in the lava fields of Mustafar and get your revenge.

13: Waiting for Obi-Wan Kenobi

- Objectives: He turned you into half man, half machine. Now, aboard the Empire's new battle station, use stealth and technology to track down your former Master and face him in a final duel to the death.

14: Death Star Dogfight

- Objectives: The Rebel Alliance is attacking the Death Star in the tense moments before the destruction of Yavin IV. Use your advanced TIE Fighter to battle with the attacking starfighters and save your battle station.

15: Assault on Hoth

- Objectives: Weilding the might of the Imperial Army, launch an attack on the ice planet Hoth and slash your way through Rebel troops to find the Millenium Falcon and your son, Luke Skywalker, before it and he escapes your grasp.

16: The Revelation

- Objectives: On the Cloud City, face your son Luke Skywalker in a furious lightsaber duel and force him to see the true power of the Dark Side... and the truth about his family past.

17: The End of the Sith Lords

- Objectives: You've brought your son before your Master, Darth Sidious, on the second Death Star. Now, for one final time, fight with all your power to turn him to the Dark Side and save him from being wiped out along with the rest of the Rebellion.

- Multiplayer:

A duel system similar to that found in "Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith", but with a difference: fight in either spaceships or with lightsabers using Dark Lords of the Sith from the entire saga.

Select lightsaber duels and get the following:

- Characters:

1: Darth Maul

2: Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku)

3: Darth Sidious (Supreme Chancellor Palpatine)

4: Darth Sidious (Emperor Palpatine)

5: Darth Vader (Pre-Mustafar)

6: Darth Vader (Post-Mustafar)

- Arenas:

1: Tatooine Desert

2: Nubian Power Generator Room

3: Geonosian Hangar

4: Invisible Hand Throne Room

5: Chancellor's Office

6: Senate Chamber

7: Mustafar Pipe System

8: Death Star Corridors

9: Cloud City Carbonite Chamber

10: Death Star II Throne Room

Select ship-to-ship combat and get the following:

- Characters:

1: Darth Maul (Sith Infiltrator)

2: Count Dooku (Darth Tyranus) (Solar Sailor)

3: Darth Sidious (Supreme Chancellor/Emperor Palpatine) (Imperial Shuttle)

4: Darth Vader (Advanced TIE Fighter)

- Arenas:

1: Geonosian Sky

2: The Battle of Coruscant

3: Death Star Dogfight

4: The Battle of Endor

Force powers include the dreaded Force Choke, Force Throw, Force Lightning (not available as Darth Vader), Force Jump, Force Stealth and Force Push, as well as Force Speed, Force Control and Force Power. Droids can be controlled to carry out your bidding after some quick reprogramming if needed. Also included would be a few bonus experiences, including:

- Alternate Missions:

1: Tatooine Success

- Objectives: You've killed Qui-Gon Jinn in the desert and succeeded in stopping the Royal Starship from escaping. Make your way through the ship and kill Obi-Wan Kenobi before detaining Queen Amidala and taking her back to Naboo to sign the treaty.

2: Geonosis Success

- Objectives: Clonetroopers are pouring into your hidden hangar. Kill them all before duelling and killing Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and the irritating Yoda.

3: Mustafar Success

- Objectives: As you fight with Obi-Wan Kenobi, your Master Darth Sidious arrives early from his battle with Yoda and helps you hunt down and kill your Jedi friend, enforcing Sith rule over the entire galaxy forever. Yoda also appears... destroy him.

4: Endor Success

- Sith Lord: Darth Sidious (Emperor Palpatine)

- Objectives: Darth Vader has teamed up with his son, Luke Skywalker, and both are advancing to kill you and seize control of the Empire. Fend them both off using the raw power of the Dark Side and destroy this father and son team.

So... would you play? What do you think?

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/jtf/images/jtf-count_dooku.jpg

Wouldn't work. There are too many variables

Please, elaborate.

There are two basic game engines: the one from "Episode III" for the walking around and lightsaber combat, and one from, say, "Jedi Starfigher" for the vehicle missions, which are few and far between and used in a much smaller multiplayer.

If "James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing" can pull off three types of gameplay in one, I think this is possible.

That game had over twenty single player missions including running, shooting, hand-to-hand combat, driving, freefalling, on-rails shooting and still had space to jam in a diverse multiplayer with over ten missions of co-operative gameplay. All on a PlayStation2 disc.

Technically, the game works. Unless you mean another type of variable, like plot-related (because let's face it, since when have Star Wars games been worried about sticking to the plot?)?

Please, really, elaborate.

Sweet, I would buy it and its a nice idea :) Well now that I think about it Revenge of the Sith game for PS2 and Xbox was kind of telling both sides of the story. I like the idea tho.

I'm just not sure with the 4 different characters as u will have loads of dif. skins to make and stuff like that.

Good Idea but i don't think people would buy it.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I'm just not sure with the 4 different characters as u will have loads of dif. skins to make and stuff like that.

Good Idea but i don't think people would buy it.

Oh, come on! It's Star Wars: people would buy it even if it were crap! And everyone likes being bad, right?

Ghostly, I know "Episode III" gives you both sides of the Force, but that's only in one movie: imagine flying Vader's TIE down the Death Star trench instead of being an X-Wing! Duelling Luke on Cloud City! Defending against Yoda in the Senate Chambers, or on Geonosis as Count Dooku! Being Darth Maul and fighting off two Jedi at once!

I'd buy it, anyway.

lol of course you would :P Well if I can fly a Tie then sure :lol: Thats if it comes for pc :wink:

I've just decided that it does!

No, actually, I made sure it was PC the first time round, there's a big market to grab!

but the one thing that is bad about it is plot, what if i wanted to be darth maul and kill ben kenobi,anakin,qui gonn, and amidala? tat elimuinates the whole series, how are you going to create alternate plots? if you got that down i got no problem.
I've have you now - Lord Vader

but the one thing that is bad about it is plot, what if i wanted to be darth maul and kill ben kenobi,anakin,qui gonn, and amidala? tat elimuinates the whole series, how are you going to create alternate plots? if you got that down i got no problem.

That's only a bonus mission... have you played the "Episode III" videogame? At the very end, there is a standalone bonus mission where you play as Anakin Skywalker fighting Obi-Wan Kenobi on Mustafar. You kill Obi-Wan Kenobi, kill Darth Sidious and become Emperor of the Galaxy yourself... now, that wasn't in the film, but with a new alternate ending, it's a mission in the "Episode III" videogame.

With the example you gave, I'll describe what would happen: you would select "Alternate Missions" from the menu and select the Darth Maul mission. You would have a cutscene, rendered in graphics instead of lifted from the film, of Darth Maul approaching the Royal Starship and attacking Qui-Gon Jinn. You'd then play the mission: you kill Qui-Gon, board the ship, kill everyone else and capture Queen Amidala. Then there would be another graphics cutscene of Darth Maul returning the Queen to Naboo, her signing the treaty and the Trade Federation looking all smug. Screen goes dark with a dramatic drumroll and you're returned to the main menu. Same process with all other bonus "Alternate Missions". It's just for laughs, to see what might happen. As I said, if the "Episode III" videogame can do it, why can't I?

Sounds like a really great game, I really like what if situations. I think the game could do with some extra duelists perhaps. Possibly the Jedi you duel (stupid episode three, Yoda gets his own special mission but no arena playability, it would also be fun to play Qui-Gon)

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no chaos; there is harmony.

There is no death; there is the force.

Sounds like a really great game, I really like what if situations. I think the game could do with some extra duelists perhaps. Possibly the Jedi you duel (stupid episode three, Yoda gets his own special mission but no arena playability, it would also be fun to play Qui-Gon)

In that case, you would have:

- Qui-Gon Jinn (desert)

- Qui-Gon Jinn (Naboo power core)

- Obi-Wan Kenobi (Naboo power core)

- Yoda

- Obi-Wan Kenobi (Geonosis)

- Anakin Skywalker (Geonosis)

- Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episode III gear)

- Anakin Skywalker (Jedi Knight)

- Mace Windu (Chancellor's office)

- "Old Ben" Kenobi

- Luke Skywalker (Bespin duel)

- Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)

That's a heck of a lot of duellists, but could be done on, say, PS3?

I found that hand to hand combat like JK was really hard to do on the Gamecube. I think that the games like that shouldn't be on the Playstation or stuff like that unless there are easy to use equipment which means that you have the CELL graphics card from the PS3 and the PC peripherals in terms of Mouse and Keyboard.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I found that hand to hand combat like JK was really hard to do on the Gamecube. I think that the games like that shouldn't be on the Playstation or stuff like that unless there are easy to use equipment which means that you have the CELL graphics card from the PS3 and the PC peripherals in terms of Mouse and Keyboard.

Since the Sith Lords also need stealth controls as well as lightsaber combat controls, I'd probably use the lightsaber combat engine from "Episode III" because that way there would be a couple of buttons on the controller free for pressing up against walls and the suchlike. But then, you probably play most of your games on the PC Fosh, yes? You see, I can't play PC games: I can run them and everything, but using a keyboard and mouse to control a game? That's just wrong. I can't control them. I tried playing some of the Jedi Knight series the other day, gave up and went to find my good old PlayStation2 controller. Keyboard and Mouse? No thanks, DualShock2 anyday.

oh so you were only going to go that far..ii see.

i thought that after you would kill all the main charachters,thgings would go on in the series but in a diffrent storyline, like yoda with the death of all those jedi/royalty he turns to the dark side or gets corrupted by sidious. now that would be cool!

I've have you now - Lord Vader

• 2 months later...
dark yoda? what would he look like? black mage? lol, and i found the JK series easy to use, only thing i didn't like was the blocking engine with the lightsaber cause you could just stand still and it would block by itself, i would rather have something else that added depth, but who knows, maybe they'll add it to the next JK
The Rain God