Star Wars - Captial ship command -game idea

I kept on thinking what it would be like to command a Star Destroyer and moving around that ship to get things fixed and to feed your crew and other things. I dont expect this to be taken but wonder what you people think.

I'll list points you can ponder on and then say what you think.

Platform: PC, PSP, PS3

-Time period: End of Episode 3

-Plot: Still thinking of one

-You start off with a Transport ship with 4 other crew member and then move up in ship classes or stay in the ship your in and upgrade it to the max and your crew to with elite experience.

-You can buy any Imperial ship in stock.

-You can travel around the ship or stay in the bridge and command everybody from there.

-Missions/orders come from a hologram and you interact with it and click on a yes/no/later/already did type messages.

-You can change the timeline by destroying certain ships you come in contract with.

-You can land at planet bases/out posts/shipyard for resupplying and exploring the base/outposts/shipyard (Can travel no farther and will be stopped by gaurds)

-You can attack any ship you would like to attack and go neutral with the ship you have.

-You can join Imperials/Rebels/Pirates/Neutral.

-Starting vehicles: Imperial - Vehicle transport/ Rebels - Rebel Correlian Corvette/ Pirates - Unknown/ Neutral - YT-1300

-Customize your ship with paintjobs also and customize your character.

-If you own a ship you can buy or fire your crew

--Can fly in a Tie fighter/Bomber or X-Y wing but if you die your 100% gone.

-Can be revived by another player or ai medic team.

Multiplayer:

-8 player and any side you want.

-Can control any commonent on the ship

-Can only hologram or radio chat to another player.

-Can be revived by another player or ai medic team.

As I said I dont expect this to be made but to see how you people think about this. Maybe i'll get a bash from Marcus with no response. If theres a game like this for PC point me to it.

Guest JediIgor
Needs a plot. How about you start off as a Smuggler trying to make his mark on the galaxy? Maybe with a smaller ship such as a YT-1300. You should also be able to control fleets towards the end of the game ;).

Imagine...

Star Wars: Fleet Command

Work your way up through the ranks of the Imperial or Rebel fleet as the Galactic Civil War wages around you. Command an Imperial Star Destroyer hunting an illusive Rebel Frigate. Slip through imperial lines in a Mon Calamari Cruiser out Commerce raiding. Issue orders to fellow captains as you attain the higher ranks of Commodore and Admiral. Change the course of the Galactic Civil war through a Dynamic Campaign Generator where every action, mission, and event changes the balance of military. Personalize your ship through weapons upgrades and modifications as you find the most effective way to hunt down your enemy to achieve promotions and decerations.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Issuing orders from the bridge, ajusting where to divert power to, positioning the ship to bring strongest shields and weapons to bare. Or perhaps manuvering between several enemy ships, keeping the strongest strategic point, so as to bring best weapons to bare. As u gain credentials and go up in ranks, u can have a small taskforce with you. If your ship is givin fighters, u can also issue orders to them. It's funny u mention this ghostly, it's a good idea. Cause i was thinkin about this the other night 2. Also all of stellers ideas totally add to it. I would totally wanna game like that. Also when u go up in rank and gain exp, u can learn special manuvers, like how Admiral Solo used a rolling technique, constantly bringing strongest shields and recharged weapons to the fore.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

nice :) Well as Steller said you go up in rank so lets say your a recruit. Lol :) Time to add more ? see how far this thing goes :roll: I'm trying to go with what Steller had in mind, I might of messed it up.

As I said you can customize your character into any race and i'll chose the Zabrak :) The game will start off at a training facility for new recruits for the Imperial Navy or Rebel Troopers getting the basic information or for neutral faction just shooting at random ships with a bit of experience. Ok so your at this training facility with couple ai or players (co-op). You'll chose what you want to learn, (eg. Weapons, engine, shields, or a crappy job like feeding the crew :roll: )

Once you learn from 1 - 5 thing or what you want to learn and how well you did you might be promoted up one rank which will give you abetter chance on getting on a stronger ship which you might just end up controling. Then its your chance to make history and get mini missions from your "Captain" and accept or decline those things. If you decline theres a risk you might be depromoted or booted off if declining miniquests and you'll have an option to join another side and see if they're any kinder.

other stuff: You could fly a tie fighter/Bomber or a x-wing/y-wing (nothing else) and see if you can turn the tied of war, if you die then bye bye so it has its trade off. (this is just a thought that came into mind)

Multiplayer: You can help each other crew a ship and try taking it over for yourself (You could shoot the crew if you want but you might die from outnumbering) and make the ship your home or you could go against each other if it ever happens. You could pilot a small tie or x-wing if permitted by Captain, if your on his good side. If you die in your ship you could get revived by the medic team. Up to 8 players(4 per side if you want). You could skip training and pick your 2 skills.

Some of it right there ^ Wonder what you'll say now? I'll stop with the ideas :) lol

Let me see if i'm following. So your thinking something along the line of an action/rpg/space sim type game? U do a prequel quest from a recruit, working your way up rank in the fleet, untill u do something heroic, and take command of the bridge in a crisis situation, then gain control of the vessel, then as u get better, and increase even higher in rank, u take control of battles, turning the tide if your rebel, neutral, or imperial?

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

how out this plot?

you are the empires officer/trooper, graduating at thier "westpoint' as you climb the ranks you must goin your tie fighter periodically when the empire needs you most, like in big big battles, then at one oint the rebels attack your ship, then you can coose to jump ship to the rebels,escape in your own ship, or fight for the empire. due to the empires vast resources, you can hop onto the varied imperial hips, each with thier diffrent crew,weapons,and routes, until you command one of these fine vessels. one day, with enough credentials and rank, you might be able to operate on the deathstar! if you are rebels, you conduct many hit and run missions on the ships that rebels have (dont no many, sorry) and if you go neutral,you can recriuit others to your side, smuggle goods, or become a bounty hunter, assassinating other up and coming commanders on the rebel/imperial ships. with the addition of escape pods so you can always escape a doomed ship. some jobs would be gunner,cook,tactician,navigtor,pilot, or commander. if you are rebel/empire you can ferry the sith/jedi on some missions,but be on guard against the ith, disobey an order and its over. if youre a neutral, you can also hire/ferry/team up with classic mugglers/bounty hunters or crimelords

I've have you now - Lord Vader

hmm mod ? Its more like an idea which will stay grounded unless someone takes this :? I'm starting to like my idea better then a recruit unless people want that :? But it could work out if your the captain and 3 others are crew and rest are ai. :shock: cant believe people postin here tho :P

Best bet would be to make it a mod of Star Trek: Bridge Commander. That would be Ideal, and they've already got some people that created a ST vs SW mod.

Actually the idea of starting out as a recruit isn't very good. Maybe starting out as a comissioned lieutenant on some System Patrol Craft or the XO of some larger vessel would be better.

As for flying Ties and X-wings... sorry guys, this ain't Starfighter command, different ranks, different command structure, different everything.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Best bet would be to make it a mod of Star Trek: Bridge Commander. That would be Ideal, and they've already got some people that created a ST vs SW mod.

Actually the idea of starting out as a recruit isn't very good. Maybe starting out as a comissioned lieutenant on some System Patrol Craft or the XO of some larger vessel would be better.

As for flying Ties and X-wings... sorry guys, this ain't Starfighter command, different ranks, different command structure, different everything.

Yup I came to that conclusion also. The fighters was an idea tho. Well i'll leave it at that then at what I edited in my first post.

• 1 month later...
Yeah thats true but as far as we would get would be modeling the 3d objects, if we were lucky! Perhaps there are a group of modders out there up for a challenge! :D

Ah yes, I have that game. Nothing like the time I accidentally nknocked out my opponents shield generator, sensor grid and front phaser arrays all at once. In a bird of prey. My finest moment was all a big fluke. :cry:

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

My fav. moment was when i destroyed a borg cube using a saber. Still can't understand. Oh yeah i made my Quantum torpedos as strong as the Voyager's transphasic Torpedos.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

lol i love to kill borg cubes with what you think might be a puny ship like a defiant or sumthing. any ways back on topic i think it would be fun to do a sfc3 mod for star wars if its posible. or at leas subsitute the fed ships for the rebs and the roms for the imps or sumthing along that line

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e43/WhatsHisFace146/1bc5ff57.jpg

Begun, the clone war has

-yoda (ep.2)