SW Empire at War: Reality of Rebellion Mod

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the mod lead, and as of right now I have no one under me :twisted: just like EvilleJedi. :wink:

Time it takes to build up goes exponentially? I think that's pretty crazy :shock:

Hey, I was being lazy, but if you look at the accuracy and cost... it increases exponentially as well. I won't make the cost and time curve that steep, but I will make it fairly steep.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Okay I've been looking at what images we have of the units in the game and begun tossing around ideas again, but before I begin I have a question.

What should the smallest size of a unit in the game be? A Platoon, Company, or Squad?

Personally I'd go with squad or at the largest platoon sized formations, but I'd like to know what you think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

A squad usually means 8-12 infantrymen a platoon 30-40, and a company 100-200.

For armored vehicles a squad would be a single vehicle, a platoon 4-5, and a company 20-25.

Signature:

If you're looking for smallest, I'd agree with you about Squads. It is probably the best size wise if you're looking for smaller, but is also small enough to make an early game force out of.

You might want to consider how those 30-40 in a platoon would take on the 8-12 squad. Something in my head suggests if done wrong the platoon could lead to be overpowered. Same for the gap between company and platoon, and similar thing for the vehicles.

My advice is go for what your gut reaction is. Since it's your concept, you have a better idea of what you want out of the mod. :)

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk

Well a squad of Stormtroopers with Blastech E-11s Blaster Carbines should be able to exterminate a platoon of Fleettroopers armed with Blastech DH-17 Blaster Pistols... However I could set it up so that everything is deployed in squads or smaller... (Infantry Half Teams of 4 Men). Okay, I think I know what I'm going to do... If its possible to build multiple units at the same time at a planet, I'll go with squads. If it isn't possible, I'll go with platoons probably. Companies however probably would push the game engine to the breaking point.

Signature:

I've decided to "Rezero" the aim of my mod, as well as you may have noticed, changing the name of the mod. So here's my updated goals.

Star Wars: Empire at War

Reality of Rebellion Mod

Aim: The creation of a canonical modification of the game Empire at War to reflect the complex realities of fighting against a Rebellion as well as the reality of combat as depicted in the films and expanded universe.

Feature List:

:arrow: Unit abilities and effectiveness varies based on their level of training.

:arrow: Accurate weapon ranges and damage for all arms, both ground and air.

:arrow: A company based technology tree where the production of units is determined by which corporations you have control of.

:arrow: Additional units from both the Original Trilogy, Prequels, and Expanded Universe.

:arrow: Heroes no longer are revivable.

:arrow: Additional worlds and heroes.

:arrow: Rescaling of all units to reflect their actual size as well as new hard-points or perhaps even models for all the units.

:arrow: Officers, Heroes, and Legendary Units improve the effectiveness of nearby units.

Signature:

Man triple post... Isn't anyone going to comment? I've started a unit list.

Unit List:

Each unit comes in nine separate versions: Untrained, Basic, Trained, Highly Trained, Elite, Heroic, Legendary, Clone, and Spaarti Clone.

Training

When you select a unit for construction you are faced with a choice, how well trained of a formation do you want. As you would expect the better trained the unit the greater accuracy it has in combat, but more then just accuracy is affected. Beginning with units which are heroic the unit also affects the ability of its neighbors increasing their accuracy much in the same way that some heroes affect their troops. The more highly trained a unit the longer it takes to construct and the more expensive it will be you have to pay for all those extra man hours after all.

Clones

Construction of Clone units requires possession of Kaminoan Clone Facilities, and Spaarti Clones require possession of Spaarti Cloning Centers. Clones take about seven game years to produce, and feature all the abilities of a Highly Trained unit with the addition of extra health and double the accuracy. Spaarti Clones take approximately one and a half years to build at game start, however if you possess Myrkr you can research yslamari gathering and cut the build time to two game weeks. A Spaarti Clone possesses all the abilities of a Legendary Unit, with slightly better health and accuracy.

The Galactic Empire

Ground Forces:

Infantry:

:arrow: Anti-Armor Teams

Small two man teams armed with concussion missile launchers, proton torpedo tubes, concussion rifles, or disruptors. Anti-Armor teams are a vital part of combat for infantry formations, without them it is almost certain that an attack supported by walkers or hovertanks will succeed.

Stormtrooper Anti-Armor Team (Golan FC-1 Flechette Launcher)

Stormtrooper Anti-Armor Team (Merr-Sonn PLX-2M)

Stormtrooper Anti-Armor Team (Stouker Armaments Concussion Blast Rifle)

Army Anti-Armor Team (Golan FC-1 Flechette Launcher)

Army Anti-Armor Team (Merr-Sonn PLX-2M)

Army Anti-Armor Team (Stouker Armaments Concussion Blast Rifle)

Fleet Anti-Armor Team (Golan FC-1 Flechette Launcher)

Fleet Anti-Armor Team (Merr-Sonn PLX-2M)

Fleet Anti-Armor Team (Stouker Armaments Concussion Blast Rifle)

:arrow: Command Teams

Armed with pistols or rifles, one of the most important elements of any military formation is its officer cadre. Troops require direction and supervision in order to perform at their best. Placing officers near or within the combat zone will increase the effectiveness of your units.

Stormtrooper Command Team (Blastech DC-15s)

Stormtrooper Command Team (Blastech DH-17)

Stormtrooper Command Team (Blastech DL-18)

Stormtrooper Command Team (Blastech DL-44)

Stormtrooper Command Team (Blastech E-11)

Stormtrooper Command Team (Blastech E-11A)

Stormtrooper Command Team (Blastech E-11A1)

Stormtrooper Command Team (Blastech E-11B)

Stormtrooper Command Team (Blastech EE-3)

Stormtrooper Command Team (Blastech A280)

Stormtrooper Command Team (Merr-Sonn Flash 4)

Stormtrooper Command Team (Merr-Sonn M-44)

Stormtrooper Command Team (Merr-Sonn LD-1)

Stormtrooper Command Team (Merr-Sonn G8)

Stormtrooper Command Team (SoroSuub Fast Shot)

Stormtrooper Command Team (SoroSuub Firelance)

Stormtrooper Command Team (SoroSuub Stormtrooper One)

Stormtrooper Command Team (SoroSuub Heavy Tracker 16)

Army Command Team (Blastech DC-15s)

Army Command Team (Blastech DH-17)

Army Command Team (Blastech DL-18)

Army Command Team (Blastech DL-44)

Army Command Team (Blastech E-11)

Army Command Team (Blastech E-11A)

Army Command Team (Blastech E-11A1)

Army Command Team (Blastech E-11B)

Army Command Team (Blastech EE-3)

Army Command Team (Blastech A280)

Army Command Team (Merr-Sonn Flash 4)

Army Command Team (Merr-Sonn M-44)

Army Command Team (Merr-Sonn LD-1)

Army Command Team (Merr-Sonn G8)

Army Command Team (SoroSuub Fast Shot)

Army Command Team (SoroSuub Firelance)

Army Command Team (SoroSuub Stormtrooper One)

Army Command Team (SoroSuub Heavy Tracker 16)

Fleet Command Team (Blastech DC-15s)

Fleet Command Team (Blastech DH-17)

Fleet Command Team (Blastech DL-18)

Fleet Command Team (Blastech DL-44)

Fleet Command Team (Blastech E-11)

Fleet Command Team (Blastech E-11A)

Fleet Command Team (Blastech E-11A1)

Fleet Command Team (Blastech E-11B)

Fleet Command Team (Blastech EE-3)

Fleet Command Team (Blastech A280)

Fleet Command Team (Merr-Sonn Flash 4)

Fleet Command Team (Merr-Sonn M-44)

Fleet Command Team (Merr-Sonn LD-1)

Fleet Command Team (Merr-Sonn G8)

Fleet Command Team (SoroSuub Fast Shot)

Fleet Command Team (SoroSuub Firelance)

Fleet Command Team (SoroSuub Stormtrooper One)

Fleet Command Team (SoroSuub Heavy Tracker 16)

:arrow: Close Combat Teams

There are some combat situations in which the Galactic Empire has found that it is more cost effective to equip troops with blaster pistols of various powers for close combat duty, like fighting in cities, and within the confines of a starship. Deployed in teams of five, close combat infantry have little use except as cannon fodder for urban warfare.

Stormtrooper Close Combat Team (Blastech DC-15s)

Stormtrooper Close Combat Team (Blastech DH-17)

Stormtrooper Close Combat Team (Blastech DL-18)

Stormtrooper Close Combat Team (Blastech DL-44)

Stormtrooper Close Combat Team (Merr-Sonn Flash 4)

Stormtrooper Close Combat Team (Merr-Sonn M-44)

Stormtrooper Close Combat Team (SoroSuub Fast Shot)

Army Close Combat Team (Blastech DC-15s)

Army Close Combat Team (Blastech DH-17)

Army Close Combat Team (Blastech DL-18)

Army Close Combat Team (Blastech DL-44)

Army Close Combat Team (Merr-Sonn Flash 4)

Army Close Combat Team (Merr-Sonn M-44)

Army Close Combat Team (SoroSuub Fast Shot)

Fleet Close Combat Team (Blastech DC-15s)

Fleet Close Combat Team (Blastech DH-17)

Fleet Close Combat Team (Blastech DL-18)

Fleet Close Combat Team (Blastech DL-44)

Fleet Close Combat Team (Merr-Sonn Flash 4)

Fleet Close Combat Team (Merr-Sonn M-44)

Fleet Close Combat Team (SoroSuub Fast Shot)

:arrow: Light Repeater Teams

The most destructive of forces against infantry are repeating blasters such as the Blastech T-21 and E-web, however the E-web is too cumbersome to be easily used and transported by a small infantry team that can keep up with assaulting troops. That’s why the light repeater teams are so important, they can fire while moving and support advancing rifle teams. These Light Repeater Teams are often a small force of only two troopers armed with their weapons.

Stormtrooper Light Repeater Team (Blastech DLT-20a)

Stormtrooper Light Reapeter Team (Blastech T-21)

Stormtrooper Light Reapeter Team (Merr-Sonn Rotary)

Army Light Repeater Team (Blastech DLT-20a)

Army Light Repeater Team (Blastech T-21)

Army Light Repeater Team (Merr-Sonn Rotary)

Fleet Light Repeater Team (Blastech DLT-20a)

Fleet Light Repeater Team (Blastech T-21)

Fleet Light Repeater Team (Merr-Sonn Rotary)

:arrow: Rifle Teams

Equipped with blaster rifles, eight man rifle teams form the backbone of every modern army. Each soldier is given a blaster rifle with a maximum range of between 150-300 meters as well as grenades of various types. Each soldier also carries a number of grenades for close range combat and use against light vehicles.

Stormtrooper Rifle Team (Blastech DC-17m)

Stormtrooper Rifle Team (Blastech E-11)

Stormtrooper Rifle Team (Blastech E-11A)

Stormtrooper Rifle Team (Blastech E-11A1)

Stormtrooper Rifle Team (Blastech E-11B)

Stormtrooper Rifle Team (Blastech EE-3)

Stormtrooper Rifle Team (Blastech A280)

Stormtrooper Rifle Team (Merr-Sonn LD-1)

Stormtrooper Rifle Team (Merr-Sonn G8)

Stormtrooper Rifle Team (SoroSuub Firelance)

Stormtrooper Rifle Team (SoroSuub Stormtrooper One)

Stormtrooper Rifle Team (SoroSuub Heavy Tracker 16)

Army Rifle Team (Blastech DC-17m)

Army Rifle Team (Blastech E-11)

Army Rifle Team (Blastech E-11A)

Army Rifle Team (Blastech E-11A1)

Army Rifle Team (Blastech E-11B)

Army Rifle Team (Blastech EE-3)

Army Rifle Team (Blastech A280)

Army Rifle Team (Merr-Sonn LD-1)

Army Rifle Team (Merr-Sonn G8)

Army Rifle Team (SoroSuub Firelance)

Army Rifle Team (SoroSuub Stormtrooper One)

Army Rifle Team (SoroSuub Heavy Tracker 16)

Fleet Rifle Team (Blastech DC-17m)

Fleet Rifle Team (Blastech E-11)

Fleet Rifle Team (Blastech E-11A)

Fleet Rifle Team (Blastech E-11A1)

Fleet Rifle Team (Blastech E-11B)

Fleet Rifle Team (Blastech EE-3)

Fleet Rifle Team (Blastech A280)

Fleet Rifle Team (Merr-Sonn LD-1)

Fleet Rifle Team (Merr-Sonn G8)

Fleet Rifle Team (SoroSuub Firelance)

Fleet Rifle Team (SoroSuub Stormtrooper One)

Fleet Rifle Team (SoroSuub Heavy Tracker 16)

Armor

:arrow: Artillery Vehicles

The most powerful weapon on the battlefield is artillery, but field artillery is vulnerable from attack at close range by most units. It’s set up time and inability to fire on the move in most situations keeps them vulnerable.

AT-AA Walker

MPTL-2A Artillery Piece

SPMA-T Walker

SPHA-C Walker

SPHA-I Walker

SPHA-T Walker

SPHA-V Walker

:arrow: Assault Vehicles

The heaviest of vehicles utilized by the Empire, assault vehicles such as the Juggernaught, AT-AT, and AT-TE are all but invulnerable to most weapons. However most are relatively vulnerable to missiles.

AT-AT Walker

AT-HE Walker

AT-TE Walker

HAVr A9 Floating Fortress

HAVw A4 Juggernaught

HAVw A5 Juggernaught

HAVw A6 Juggernaught

:arrow: Combat Vehicles

Heavier then scouts but lighter then assault vehicles. Combat vehicles fill a niche between the most powerful of weapons and the scout vehicle’s arms. They’re invulnerable to small arms fire, but even modestly larger weapons can cause severe damage to the vehicles.

1-H Tank

1-M Tank

AT-ST Walker

AT-ST/A Walker

AT-AR Walker

AT-IC Walker

AT-AP Walker

AT-XT Walker

UT-ST Walker

T1-B Tank

T2-B Tank

T3-B Tank

T4-B Tank

Tie Mauler Tank

Tie Crawler Tank

PX-4 Tank

PX-7 Tank

PX-10 Tank

:arrow: Command Vehicles

Like infantry, armored vehicles require command and control. They have the same effects as infantry command teams.

AT-AT Walker

AT-HE Walker

AT-TE Walker

HAVr A9 Floating Fortress

HAVw A4 Juggernaught

HAVw A5 Juggernaught

HAVw A6 Juggernaught

1-H Tank

1-M Tank

AT-ST Walker

AT-ST/A Walker

AT-AR Walker

AT-IC Walker

AT-AP Walker

AT-XT Walker

UT-ST Walker

T1-B Tank

T2-B Tank

T3-B Tank

T4-B Tank

Tie Mauler Tank

Tie Crawler Tank

PX-4 Tank

PX-7 Tank

PX-10 Tank

1-L Tank

2-M Tank

AT-PT Walker

AT-RT Walker

LAVr QH-7 Chariot

:arrow: Scout Vehicles

Scout Vehicles are among the most common vehicles in any army. They rely on their speed for survival due to their vulnerability to most weaponry. The vehicles also have the largest line of site for ground units.

1-L Tank

2-M Tank

AT-PT Walker

AT-RT Walker

LAVr QH-7 Chariot

Signature:

I'm sorry for not commenting before, the idea sounded great, but I was only gonna ask for units. (Which you now posted, so that's alright, then.)

I always look out for IU evidence for different units, and so far most of the things you have on that list checks out. The only things I were wondering about:

MPTL-2A Artillery Piece

Is this an Imperial unit? So far, I've only seen it (and similar units) with Rebel forces.

SPHA-T Walker

There's no sources showing this in the OT-era, although you'd think with the Empire calling SPMA-Ts 'Medium Artillery', they would still have the 'Heavy Artillery' around (otherwise, why not call the new model 'Heavy' since there wouldn't be anything bigger anymore?)

HAVw A4 Juggernaught

AT-TE Walker

HAVw A6 Juggernaught

The A4 Juggernaut was considered obsolete by the OT-era, IIRC. It might have seen some service with extremely under-equipped forces, but that would be it...

The AT-TE and A6 Juggernaut have similar standing from what I've been able to gather:

They are both connected to the Empire via their profiles on the OS (which links to the OT era+ Empire, so if they meant to say they weren't in that era, they would have written so already.)

However, no other source has so far depicted them in that setting. For instance, the Empire comics show A5 Juggernauts and AT-TEs with their guns and top half taken off (used as cargo walkers). This is also a reason why I want them in EaW, to solidify their continued existence as Imperial vehicles. However, the OS information is good enough for me.

AT-IC Walker

The AT-IC is actually an artillery unit, an AT-AT hull with its back opened up to carry a large ion cannon assembly. It presumably has to turn around in order to fire this main weapon.

The presence of UT-ATs, AT-HEs and AT-RTs in the OT-era is not yet documented, so I'm a bit iffy on those, even though there's nothing to suggest they were not still in use. There's also an issue with not knowing the true appearance of the AT-HE.

Other than this minor quibbles, I have nothing but good things to say about your plans. Good luck! :D

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a242/CptK/StarCruiser.jpg

Well, all walkers and tanks will be buildable by either side just so long as you have control of a production facility or corporation that builds the units. Thats why a large number of rebel vehicles are on the list as well. If you're Imperial and manage to secure the construction facilties for those vehicles there is no reason you can't build them.

Signature:

So does this mean if we take Naboo we can get naboo star fighters and those gungan energy balls? :lol:

wish I could get those naboo royal crafts, those are some sleek vessels, tho they don't have a combat role what so ever.

I could put them in I suppose. Don't expect everything right away though.

Signature:

Judging by the multiple Naboo skiffs in ROTS, Padme's last ship was quite popular with Senators and aides in the Senate. And they're armed.

Judging by the multiple Naboo skiffs in ROTS, Padme's last ship was quite popular with Senators and aides in the Senate. And they're armed.

Touche, I forgot about how they were a lot of them outside the senate and how they do have a couple lasers. Some more things Theed Palace Engineering can build.

Probably wouldn't work, as far as I can tell from what Delphi is said there is no way to keep track of the number of kills a unit has...

Anyway, here's some things to debate.

Which Corporation should we give these ships too?

:arrow: Assault Frigate Mk. 2

:arrow: Tartan Patrol Cruiser

:arrow: Broadside Cruiser

I personally think the Assault Frigate Mk. 2 is a KDY vessel due to its similarity with the Nebulon B-2 Frigate. The Broadside is small with lines that are reminiscent of both the SoroSuub Liberator Class and Corellian Armada Battlecruiser. The Tartan is really hard to place, I'd have to say that it is similar in design to both the Eidelon Cruiser and Lancer Frigate. I think they're KDY but I could be wrong.

Signature:

I'm not talking of kills, I'm talking of military success, in terms of planets taken or defended. Stuff like that.

It's possible we'll get company names when the game is released, so I'd suggest waiting until then. :)

Probably wouldn't work, as far as I can tell from what Delphi is said there is no way to keep track of the number of kills a unit has...

Anyway, here's some things to debate.

Which Corporation should we give these ships too?

:arrow: Assault Frigate Mk. 2

:arrow: Tartan Patrol Cruiser

:arrow: Broadside Cruiser

I personally think the Assault Frigate Mk. 2 is a KDY vessel due to its similarity with the Nebulon B-2 Frigate. The Broadside is small with lines that are reminiscent of both the SoroSuub Liberator Class and Corellian Armada Battlecruiser. The Tartan is really hard to place, I'd have to say that it is similar in design to both the Eidelon Cruiser and Lancer Frigate. I think they're KDY but I could be wrong.

I say remove them.Theres no story behind them to make them cannon. The MKII looks nothing like a assault frigate nor is it possible to remove that much of the dreadnaught part to make it work.

I'm going to close this thread. We've got a thread for this mod in the NMA forum. All further discussion of the mod will take place there.

Signature:

• 1 month later...
For Kaut, why dont you make them a faction. Make them hate everone and give them a ton of ships. Dont give them a Galactic AI, so they would only exist on Kaut and would defend the planet at all times. As Kaut was never owned by the Empire, and actually had Rebel leanings. But Kaut of Kaut knew that to join the Rebellion was to be the destruction of Kaut Drives Yards so he was the main military supplier of the Empire, but he also sold ships to the Rebellion although discretly. It wasnt until the treaty that they came fully under the Rebellions juristriction and produced ships only for them. Plus Fondor and Kaut each built an Executor-Class Star Dreadnought at the same time, commisioned as the Lusankya and Executor therefore it is illogical to need both of them to build a Executor.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3488/zersigef1.jpg

No SSD??  ;D hehe love SSD hope it will be in the Mod! also one thing to your list the Capitol ships dont turn fast in the game as you can see from Demo. Especialy the larger ones like Star Destroyers or Mon Cals they turn as they should so no speed adjustments needed :)