Together or alone?

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane

If you plan an subdue uprising mission, what's the best option:

1. Send two or more characters on the same sudue uprising mission

2. Send each character on a different subdue uprising mission

I don't know if it's the best way to do it, but I always send them alone. This way if the mission gets foiled it only foils one person, not a team of people

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

I've found subdue uprising missions to be pretty dangerous, with my chars getting killed quite often. I try to use major chars for these missions if at all possible. You can use commandos or guerillas as decoys to help out.

I tend to send the characters on separate subdue uprising missions, it seems to give me better results. I use Imperial commandos as well if they are around and available. I don't have too much trouble with these missions and have never lost a character on one.-GM Conway

Guest Scathane
I've found subdue uprising missions to be pretty dangerous, with my chars getting killed quite often.
You must be confusing subdue uprising with incite uprising! I have never had a character killed on a subdue uprising mission, never! Moreover, I think it's highly unlikely at all for characters to get killed on a subdue uprsising mission.

I try to use major chars for these missions if at all possible. You can use commandos or guerillas as decoys to help out.
yes, but what about the question I asked? Have you got an answer to that as well?

Guest Scathane
Oops!

My mistake! Subdue uprisings are no problem. My folks get killed/injured a lot on incite uprigings missions...

yes, but what about my question regarding subdue uprising missions???

(Evaders should see this...)

Hehehe, I will try this again with my head screwed on straight.

Same general rules apply, I would use seperate missions with commandos or guerillas as decoys. Use chars with high leadership. If you're the Empire, you might want Palpy sitting on Coruscant.

A better approach that doesn't tie up your chars is to dump twice as many troops as required, sometimes as many as 24 garrisons, on the planet. Things cool down eventually. Again if you're the Empire, you might want to float a Death Star around the planet. Nothing keeps the plebes in line like the threat of imminent destruction...

If this are going too badly and you can't get troops or char to that planet, move your troops out, but destroy all facilities and defenses there, and have the REbels keep the planet. Diverting lots of resources for one planet isn't always worth, anyway you can always come back with a big fleet later.
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane

You guys are saying that you should opt for 2: send each character on a different mission, then... :D

Tell me why you would use decoys, glandry, because I don't understand... :?

Guest Scathane
Use specforces as decoys if you really feel that somethign could happen to the chars on the mission.
DUHH!! And tell me, O Great Trejiuvanat, why would I feel that something could really happen to the characters on a subdue uprising mission??? :roll::roll::roll:

It's possible that your opponent may be trying to abduct your char. They might be doing sabotage missions, etc...

Heck, I've had chars injured/killed/abducted doing research missions or diplomatic missions.

Guest Scathane
It's possible that your opponent may be trying to abduct your char. They might be doing sabotage missions, etc...

Heck, I've had chars injured/killed/abducted doing research missions or diplomatic missions.

I understand that. But tell me: does this happen so very often that you go through the trouble of putting decoys on the mission???

I understand that. But tell me: does this happen so very often that you go through the trouble of putting decoys on the mission???

Scath, you asked for opinions but you seem to have a hard time believing what I said...

Yes, I do use decoys when ever I have them available.

Guest Scathane
Scath, you asked for opinions but you seem to have a hard time believing what I said...
No, I don't have a hard time believing what you say. I was just wondering why you would do this.

• 3 weeks later...

I never use decoys for subdue uprising missions just for initiate uprising :roll:

And the best way to subdue is to send as many troops as possible

a good leadership guy subdues (subdueses?) uprisings will quickly succeed with at least 3 or 6 Troop garrisions :)

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Guest Scathane
Yeah, I thought garrisons were important. How about the rest more than one per mission or every character on a separate mission?

I let every character doing his mission alone :?

Anothe question like this:

For an sabotage mission, what is better?

use 2 guys doing the mission or just the guy with the best stats (Luke f.e.)

Somewhere I heard that the average of the stats is used :arrow: that means, that if I put maybe Han and Luke that the average stats are lower as Luke for its own, excluding Decoys

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Guest Scathane
Good question. I wonder whether there is a universal rebellion rule for this or whether this is different for different types of missions...

• 2 weeks later...