Mike Interview & Joe QA - Discussion Topic

Cain

Mike Interview & Joe QA - Discussion Topic

... you can start now :) I will add my comments later. Thanks guys !

NOTE : The link with this topic and your replys will be sent back to Petroglyph so remember to say thanks :wink:

PS. As a my personal opinion - Also remember to look behind the words of the QA - some phrases may actually show more that they first seem to show.

My favorite part :

Ismael : What makes it all worthwhile?

Michael : The support and friendship of the fans, the fan sites, and the Empire at War / LucasArts / Petroglyph community makes all the long hours and hard work worthwhile. They are the ones who truly keep us motivated with their friendly e-mails, kind words, and supportive message posts. We currently don’t have much time to interact in the community, be we are reading what fans are writing and appreciate their enthusiasm. Also, we could not do it without the love, support, patience, and understanding of our families and friends – they know that we are passionate about what we do and know that we are working long hours to make the best game that we can.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

nicely answered. Well most of the things I wanted to know have been answered. Tracker beams, naming, and keeping old ships and new ships together. This game will turn out great :)

Guess my ship Ghostly wont have its fun in the game, o well what can you do :roll:

noooo...the star destroyers carl,bob,and jack might not live to see the battlefield! but alot of good questions were answered,tractor beams,ion,namng etc.

good info,good team, and good game FTW!

I've have you now - Lord Vader

Great interview! And some very important questions answered whohoo! Great job petroglyph. If i could i'd say thank u for keeping such good relations with all us fans, and answering our questions. Great job Ismal and Cain for getting that 2 em, and everyone for posting all those questions :D

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

Well I have a few questions.

1. How does the online multi play work? Is it all landbased with up to 8 players or will those 8 players have to deal with space at the same time?

2. In single player or co-op mode you control planets on the galactic map for your resources, how are resources in multi-player skirmish mode gathered or allocated.

3. You have mention that there are only 2 playable sides, if this is the case can you give us an approx amount of different units each side has? I am worried that few units and only 2 sides, the game play could become repetitive quickly.

4. How will the online multi-player work, is it linked to a server, or is it peer to peer once the game has begun.

I think that is all the questions I have. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedules to address them.

|elder|Bombadil

Co-Founder of the |elder| clan, you must be at least 18+ to join and understand the uber wife/girlfriend unit, the most over powered unit created.

here's the answer to your questions mr. elder

1. hmmm i think that in order for land battles to be initiated, you must win space superiority. so it is unlikely that you will have space/land battles at same time. prolly some kind of setting before you start the game that allows you to toggle space or land for the battle.

2. im guessing there is an option when you host a game that lets you know you have a set amount of resources, so you pick your untis before game, sorta like in rome total war multiplayer.

3. yea it would get repetitive :\

but then again, most games that you play hour after hour day after day...tend to be repetitive. that is why you just gotta play online against high skilled players so you can atleast have a challenge and gain reputation. then you don't think too much about gameplay...it's kinda like it's a competition for you so you don't get bored until years later. (was same way with me and Empire Earth)

4. i imagine games will be hosted by someone, then ppl join it. that is the way typical RTS online games are carried out. dedicated servers won't be there. you can connect directly if you want to play with them too. or you could just join their hosted game.

- marcus

http://home.earthlink.net/~bldumka/AFACC.gif

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/os/type/2/evoelementz.png

If that is the case it could make it very tough to adapt you stratagy, since you will be stuck with those units. I was wondering if the skrimsh mode would be anything similar to CNC General, BFME ect....
Co-Founder of the |elder| clan, you must be at least 18+ to join and understand the uber wife/girlfriend unit, the most over powered unit created.

:arrow: Guys let's keep more questions for the next months ok ?! Petroglyph is so busy this days that they don't have time even to eat - so let's apreciate what we have for now. (Some of your answers can be found in the previews forum) :wink:

:arrow: In a month or two (Ismael sais two months cause petro is to busy) we will do another interview with Petroglyph so you could prepare your questions for then.

:arrow:For now stick commenting this one ! :wink:

Most of all I want a SSD (for units ofcourse) :P but they couldnt give us a straight up awnser

Overall, it was done well. 8)

http://home.comcast.net/~danhanway/i7vpotatoes2.gif

new sig btw; you deleted the good 1 :(

Well the interviews are sound and cool. Well done with the wording Petro and Ismael. Made sure that not a lot was given away allowing us to Stew for a few months.

As Delphi hasn't been here for a while it's obvious that the Petro Staff are very busy so everyone should look out for the release of the Official Trailer this week from

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swempireatwar/indexFlash.html

&

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/starwarsrts/index.html

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Once a month should work fine. As we get closer to launch, we'll be able to accommodate more questions and give more detailed answers. :D

:arrow: Thanks Delphi-PG we will start makeing new 7 questions next month :D . We will inform Mike and Joe to be ready for next month :) Loll

mhh i must analyse what iam say

thx for the interview we will wait some months for new informations. During this time we will view SW Ep 1 - 2 and 4 - 6 ^^ mhh had some one of you found the fault in SW EP6 when R"D" and 3Po walks to jabbas pallast and 3PO says. "YOu should worry. Lando and Chewie never come back from Jabbas Pallast" Chewie? he will go to jappas Pallast some time later with princess lea ^^

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

"Der Preis der Freiheit, ist ewige Wachsamkeit" Col. Blair Herz des Tigers

It was fun to read. My favorite question was about who was the best alpha player.

Alienware PC: 6000 galactic credits

DSL: 26 galatic credits

EaW: 50 galatic credits

Watching Darth Vader get eaten by Rancor because you never told him to move away and then throwing your computer out the window yelling NOOOOOOOO in your best Vader voice: Priceless

it was a great interview though i wish *sobs* they could have been more clear it makes me want the game more adn more. oh well i guess i'll just have to wait.
> http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/7696/briansstarwarssig5fi.jpg

it was a great interview though i wish *sobs* they could have been more clear it makes me want the game more adn more. oh well i guess i'll just have to wait.

Well we could always play Homeworld 2 with the Star Wars mod while we wait :P Should ease up on the wait so we just dont sit around and do nothing. :P

• 2 weeks later...

:arrow: Did anyone noticed that we makeit on the Petroglyph main page news ?! Thanks Ted :)

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/index.php

:arrow: By the way "a fan site" ?! Loll :? Yes our ID is kind of blur anyway ;)

Edit / What exactly means "that cornered" ?! Cornering someone is a bad thing no ?!

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

Petroglyph FF Admin.