Hypothesizing

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane

Suppose:

You find an enemy character on, say, a sundue uprising mission... You send some of your own characters to kidnap/kill the enemy character... However, in the meantime the enemy character in question has changed his mission from subdue uprising to diplomacy because the uprising has stopped...

Hypothesis:

The characters you sent on a kidnap mission foil their mission because the target wasn't found at that location...

Well? What do you guys think?

Good question, not sure what the answer would be but, I think if the char is still on the planet it should work. Usually, when a mission fails, the message states that the target was not at the location...

actually your hypothesis is correct Scath this happends to me all the time, I send one of my men to capture the general of Coruscant, but in the meantime a new general has been appointed and the mission fails, the old character is still on the planet just not general anymore... the only exceptions I have had when the mission still "succeds" is when I try to capture Vader or Palpatine using Luke (or Leia after getting the force) but thats only because they use the force to detect each other :?

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

Guest Scathane
I see. The reason I had for supposing such is that I've had an enemy character on a mission wounded, but still listed the character as being on that mission.... until I set out an abduction mission: only then the enemy character is listed as being incapacitated on the planet.

• 5 weeks later...
It will foil the mission, I had it myself when I was playin a multiplayer game with my cousin.

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

• 2 weeks later...
Good question, not sure what the answer would be but, I think if the char is still on the planet it should work. Usually, when a mission fails, the message states that the target was not at the location...

I think the same because I captured one time the emperor from a recruitment mission wherever although I gave the abduction order while emperor was idle on planet (between missions)

"I am growing stronger with the Force"