Rebel explosive traps

TSKNF

I hope those will be in the game. AT-AT walks up to its target, and too late realises it's stepped on a bomb! It would be an interesting way of taking out vehicles.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

Mine fields ? Ya could be a possibility :)

Multiplayer battle:

Rebels go on the defensive and place mines and turrets everywhere and create sniper troopers and anti-vehicles. Mines places everywhere, Imperials come in and then start detecting some of them and shoot at them to get rid of them. All you would hear is Kabooooom. Rebels come in to attack and start damaging some imperial ships but forgot about the lain mines and get 2 ships destroyed for their stupidity. Imperials are more cautious and start destroying Rebels with sniper shots from their ships (Sniper like shots from turrets I mean) No more ships for Rebels.

Rebels are all confused and head to the ground for a better chance. Ground battle starts, Imperials come in and scouts report land mines. Mines have been detected by scouts now AT-ATS shoot at it to blow it up resulting in Rebel deaths. Turrets fire, lasers shots and anti-vehicle rockets firing everywhere, crafts flying around, whos going to win ?

to be continued....... :P

mhh Mines ^^

i think the Space mines should be only avaibel for a space Stadion Defence against Fighters or for hidden stadions (when they will be in the game)

Groundmines are bad things

i remembered a small story frm a BT (Battel Tech & Mechwarrior) book where a smaller unit was attacked from a bigger unit. The Bigger unit rans into a mine field and give up after he heard that they will be in a big mine field. After the Battel the commandand of the smaller unit means to his heavy Weapon Officer "We had luck. They dont know that we had only 5 Mines. Go and take the other 4 mines."

when mines will be in the game there should be some different types of it. Anit personal & Anti Tank & inaktive Mines. Anti Personal against troops & Anti Tank Against Vehicels. The inaktive is a mixture of both mine types. a large Group of the mines in the mine field are inactive only some will be aktive. if one of the sensors or aktive mine will be aktivatet by an enemy the other Mines will go from standby into the aktive Modus. It will be more fun to see n multiplayer, Oh yes all his units stand in my minefields only one more meter and booom. ^^ But in the Same way the AI of the troops should be so programmed that you must give the order to walk trought a minefield manual. i mean you give the order attack the deffence strukturers from the enemy all your troops ran into the mine field and get blowed up. it should be the first 2 or 3 units should be ran into the minefield and the other troops stops and give you the information. "Mine field" After this you can walk around the minefield, send troops to deaktivate the field or say your people walk trough it.

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

"Der Preis der Freiheit, ist ewige Wachsamkeit" Col. Blair Herz des Tigers

It would be really harsh if u had an energy shield protecting your base, and u had a nice heafty lair of mines surrounding it, and the foolish enemy thinking that u have a small force inside the shield, desides to forgo blowing the shield generator, and .. Trick! KABOOOM mines set along the parmiter of the shield. hmm could be interesting. Several different types of mines would make sence. i mean for anti personel, a bouncing betty type mine, and of course the good old tank mine. :wink:

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

mhh betty type?

was this the mine who jumps some seconds after someone aktivate it about 5 - 10 meters into the air and explode there?

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

"Der Preis der Freiheit, ist ewige Wachsamkeit" Col. Blair Herz des Tigers

Its the bouncing bettys from Battlefield Vietnam, you get close to it and it jumps so it can cause more damage.

so you go near it, it jumps then explodes in mid air then it hits you and you die from the explosion and blown up parts. :)

Tank mines, hence the name. (Bf 1942, Vietnam, BF2, ect)

and proxy mines are heat seaking mines, when you get near them they explode and kaboom. A game were you can see this, Perfect Dark for N64.

If this is ingame then more fun and games, might help Rebels out more. If its not then I bet someone will mod it ingame now :)

Mines hmm... Star Wars

Stellar begins to remember some horrifying missions from the old X-wing series of computer games. Minefields, tones of minefields. There is nothing scarier for an old hand ace pilot then the XWA mission with the homing mines...

In that series there were lots of different types of mines... So here's a list of mines for EAW:

SPACE BASED MINES:

Proxemity Mines

Homing Mines

Laser Armed Mines

Ion Armed Mines

Laser Armed Mines with deadman's missile

LAND BASED MINES:

Plasma Mines (Napalm like)

Gas Mines

Personnel Mines

Gravitic Mines (Detonated by Repulsorlifts)

Pressure Mines (Detonated by heavy weight, kills walkers and tanks)

Automated Defense Turrets

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Wow, death traps galore, YAY!! lol An futuristic rts wouldn't be complete without some of those nasty mines u mentioned. Deffinatly would be strategic to have those babies around. I hope they think of that. Picture your small rebel fleet hugging a single golan defence platform, in fear of the large imperial battle group. they get closer and closer and... ooops! they forgot to check for mines! *BOOM BANG ect* 1/5 of there fleet is crippled and there fighteres took heavy damage. Rebel fleet, fighters and golan open up. Hello victory 8)

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Not quite on topic, but do you think they will have "sentry guns" (the perfect dark comment got me thinking about this). You know a heavy repeating blaster pops up when units get within range and shoot the crap out of them. Just a thought.
-Never judge a clonetrooper until you walked a mile with his gun, then your a mile away and you have his gun.-

Or better yet, those sentry guns from Jedi Outcast. Make it so that a squad could deploy them sort of like mines.

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

Yeah, that's sorta what i meant. I also think you should be able to have "hidden" or "underground" bunkers if your the rebels. So you can pop your troops up right behing the advancing emperials, and kill some before they even realize to shoot back.
-Never judge a clonetrooper until you walked a mile with his gun, then your a mile away and you have his gun.-

Nice, well lets hope. Imagine all these underground tunnels where the rebels can travel and as you said ATTE pop out outta nowhere and kaboom goes the Imperials or the Imperial's npc helpers.

It would be quite awesome. Especially with some nice "sentry" guns. The emperials wouldn't stand a chance.