Clone Wars Mod?

The CW...hmmm...I think one of the reasons they did the rebels vs the empire but not the CW was that it made for two much more different factions. You have the vast-numbered empire and it's badboy mechs, versus the starved rebels with some tricks up their sleves.

In the CW, you basically have two empires.

But good luck anyway, and hopefully there will be enough CW units in the vanilla game to same you some time anyway.

"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and am therefore excused from saving universes"-Ford Prefect

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/9513/bam7hn.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest JediIgor
Maybe if Empire at War is succesful, there will be a sequel called Republic at War?

Yes, they can make us pay $50 again for what will essentially be slightly different art. Weeee :shock::shock:

I'd pay for it if it was the Great Sith War, the Great Hyperspace War, but not for something only 20 years apart IMO.

The CW can be done, it wasnt two empires going at it really. It was a handful of powerful planets cutting away from the Republic. Both sides had considerable armed forces though for their civil war..

Another interesting idea would be if someone went further back and decided to do the Sith Wars from Knights of the Old Republic.

Guest JediIgor
I think most people would buy a sequel set during the clone wars, you dont have to JediIgor but it would be your loss.

I doubt that, there will be probably Imperial Assault 2 out even before they make a "sequel." And knowing how big-time companies like LucasArts make their sequels its bound to have the same gameplay.

Well it was actually Galactic Federation of Free Alliances vs the Vong.

Not if they start at the beginning of the war ;). Of course the Imperial Remnant would hardly be a big help, they even mention how they have barely anything in the book.. even the Hapans were more powerful IIRC. Certainly the Chiss were a powerhouse compared to the Remnant.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see a sequel/expansion where they add the Ssi-ruuk and the Chiss as the two other major factions.

Certainly the Chiss were a powerhouse compared to the Remnant.

Speaking of which, I'd love to see a sequel/expansion where they add the Ssi-ruuk and the Chiss as the two other major factions.

The Chiss were a powerhouse as the Empire of the Hand had been absorbed into the CEDF for the war against the Killiks.

I would however love to see an expansion with the Chiss, Ssi-ruuk and Vong in it.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Guest JediIgor
Certainly the Chiss were a powerhouse compared to the Remnant.

The Chiss were a powerhouse as the Empire of the Hand had been absorbed into the CEDF for the war against the Killiks.

I would however love to see an expansion with the Chiss, Ssi-ruuk and Vong in it.

Actually I was thinking of the GCW time period, although it would be nice to do something post NJO as well (Galactic Alliance, Yuuzhan Vong, Chiss?). Trouble is the Ssi-ruuk, being the pawns of the Vong that they were, would hardly qualify as a major faction :). Either way, more factions would be total coolness for what has traditionally remained rebel/imperial.

A Beast Wars of Onderon Game set during the Sith War!!! That would lead to a whole new game. You are Darth Revan and have to defeat them only to be converted to the Dark side after all your work. Or maybe you are Ullic Quel Droma and lose the force. You can't use any force abilities but still are amazing with your lightsaber.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Theres numerous battles they could do during the old Republic times like Exar Kun war, Mandalorian wars, Jedi Civil War, the Great hyperspace war ect. You would be able to control those cool hammerhead republic ships. (If youve played Knights of the Old Republic I&II you know what I mean)