Re: Publicity

Cain

:arrow: Someone of us said something in the past about publicity for our forum.

:arrow: I just got a cool ideea - 2 of us can register on EAW forums on Gamespot or Gamespy and start a topic asking for materials that Ghostly has posted. Then another one gives the link - the frist one replys and says thanks and cool forums I have registered .... etc.

:arrow: We cannot say directly - Come to us cause it may seem to agressive .... but we can say come visit our forums ....

:arrow: Ahhh I'm lost at this pub stuff .... :?

:arrow: I don't think we have competition at this point only .net may be but in rest I don't think so - if we manage to leap foward in quality and posts numbers our advance will never be matched. This will mean for us more quality members and cool posts to enjoy.

:arrow: I remember that Ismael said that Mike has gived the link to 001 to all the heads of sections in EAW and they seem to be attracted here to read. I only see one who posted but I hope to have more.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

:arrow: I remember that Ismael said that Mike has gived the link to 001 to all the heads of sections in EAW and they seem to be attracted here to read. I only see one who posted but I hope to have more.

Yes I said that :) and I will ask him next time to feedback us ;)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

Petroglyph FF Admin.

I woulda posted this forum on other forum places but Cain you told me not to and just let them come here on their free will and either way we still get them :)

They search then they register. What i'm trying to say is even if I post the link to this forums only those who want to join will and the rest will think about it or ignore it.

I know you know this but i'm just saying this so I can say something :P

lol.

iv'e talked with polovnik several tiems about attracting more ppl to these forums. i like you idea cain about going on gamespot and askin question, then replying. me and polovnik will get started on this...hehe ^_^

the top places on my list are the main gaming site's off topic forums.

http://home.earthlink.net/~bldumka/AFACC.gif

http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/os/type/2/evoelementz.png

:arrow: I think it was Foshjedi2004 who wanted publicity the Combat School EAW Forum :) ... so I just given him a suggestion.

:arrow: I also think that sigs will do for now ... all the new members have posted cause we are the biggest forum not to mention that we have the highest quality in posting (compared with other EAW Forums).

:arrow: Once you get used to quality replys and posts you are hooked. Even Sluggo at LEC starts to move from the Galactic Senate all the silly topics. I'm sure he will love to get rid of the silly newb threads also but he can't do that for now. I'm sure that as soon as he will have a FAQ he will move all the simple topics and stay on feedback ones.

:arrow: If it wasn't for Mike explaining to Ismael about how to corectly post ideeas an comments - I mean feedbacking - we will be all blind and quesing around.

:arrow: ......... :)

iv'e talked with polovnik several tiems about attracting more ppl to these forums. i like you idea cain about going on gamespot and askin question, then replying. me and polovnik will get started on this...hehe ^_^

the top places on my list are the main gaming site's off topic forums.

:arrow: Yup the only disscution that will make me go and look at some forums will be that one.

- Question about EAW

- Reply with link to our forums

- then alot of thanks and words of apreciation

- then usual dialogues exchanges to keep the topic up for 2-3 weeks (and even once a month - remember to keep the topic link in case it sinks to much)

- also remember to register at 2-3 days appart and the second one with the reply should have 5-6 post counts in advance. 1 post member replyng to 1 post member seems strange and susspicios.

- I will target first Gamespot's and Gamespy's EAW forums or replys lists under the previews.

NOTE - If you see two guys talking about something cool you will try to find out and it works 10 times better than banner pub.

If we start to have like 50 active daily posters it will be hudge :)

lol you think we have alot now. rofl my plan calls for alot more ppl to be showing up pretty soon...

sorta like ima be a propoganda minister or an ambassador :P

:D:D:D:D:D

:arrow: take Foshjedi2004 with ya - he loves this types of covert operations :)

so you are accepting my request for me/polovnik/ and now foshjedi to be ambassador's?

if so, fosh, ima need your msn sign in, so we can contact more often.

i was wondering...if you could change my name's title from jedi knight to Galactic Ambassador :)

cain

- marcus

Yeah Cain. At the moment the Combat forum is going really slow. Noone has any real posts to make about the Troops and units we will have Dirtside. We have a small list of Definates we have seen in the videos but we don't know if there will be any other special units like Commandos and Subverters. Will there Be Espionage units or Probe Droids? Will there be certain special characters which can increase certain points on the ships, ie Thrawn has a Accuracy and Leadership Bonus for any ship and fleet he is in. Any fleet with General Veers in it automatically has a higher defense against the Rebel fighters and Air Support. There are so many points we will not know about until later in the development Process.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

:arrow: Pacience, pacience my friends :) we will need Ismael on this also :)

:arrow: Trust me it will come a day when you will remember with love this days when we were only few :)

:arrow: What's the record now ? 11 most online ? (in 5 minutes)

:arrow: If you want to make posts about our forums ... hmmm ... to agressive publicity could always backfire. But if it is a RTS Games forum then I see no problem posting about EAW and giveing the offical LEC forums and the Unofficial Petroglyph Ones (us)

:arrow: As for the ranks :) Ok soon - as soon as we debate the message that the ambasadors should carry with them.

- Make a demo topic so I can feedback it.

Loll we are 11 now - come one - one more :)

Gtg now I will see it next day :)

:arrow: Too agressive for some :)

:arrow: Try somethings like this :) try posting the link also to some of our topics with pics - Like you may want to see this pictures etc.

:arrow: but it's working - great :) Let us know were you post. Just tell them to see something and they will visit us and register.

:arrow: ... be a diplomat and it will work out. Not I really gtg to sleep :)

k here is link to a topic by me that links itself to the 40minute video. keep replying to that topic to keep at at top of list! :P

http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/show_messages.php?board=314159267&topic=21447631&message=231088002#M231088002

:arrow: If it wasn't for Mike explaining to Ismael about how to corectly post ideeas an comments - I mean feedbacking - we will be all blind and quesing around.

:arrow: ......... :)

I don't think so :) it could have been anyone of us. by the way / The forum is so cool that it exceds my prievous imaginations about him. We have 70 members.

I think we should do a new sig for us ?! Something about EAW and PFF.

Petroglyph FF Admin.

Thats a good Idea Ismael.

I will try to come up with a new gif for tyhe site ... BTW I increased the number of PMs in your Inbox, etc to 80 PMs. I hope it is cool :)

Foshjedi2004 thanks for the email I will keep it in my list.

Petroglyph FF Admin.

i wouldn't change my sig for even $10, im a sg-1 fan and i like the elements :\

Hey I'm also a SG 1 Fan :) !

Petroglyph FF Admin.

Stargate is the best sci fi tv show ever. The mythology just makes it that much more interesting. Gives it so much depth to story. My fav race is asgard, gotta love the little grey guys and there big ass ships 8) I can't wait to see atlantis, looks awesome.

Whenever i post, i always try to include my signature, and if someone asks about something we've talked about i'd give em the link. that kinda the idea?

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

guys, stargate : atlantis only coems on once a week, and it coems on Sci Fi friday's whichj starts at 6pm central time here, 7pm eastern. atlantis shows at 8 central though.

i like atlantis more then sg-1 imho, it's only in its 1st season btw :s