47 min video about EAW from E3 (by Nick)

Cain

I don't know how ?! :? - but this news has just sliped right under our own noses without seeing it ... who manages to download the movies first pls. describe all that you hear and all the new materials you see.

Nick - MEMW Forums:There were also a few points that didn’t make it into any of the footage, and those are:

- The game is being coded using XML. So chances are it’ll be easier to mod than C&C: Generals or LOTR: The Battle for Middle-Earth.

- The reason the release date was bumped until next year, is that although the game will be finished this year. LucasArts wants Empire at War to be the most polished RTS game of all time, thus to give more polish time is why the release date was pushed to next year.

- The map making tools that’ll be included with the game are about the same as the Worldbuilder with C&C: Generals and LOTR: The Battle for Middle-Earth. The main difference is it’ll be easier to texture the maps with Empire at War’s tool.

- One idea for multiplayer is that you can play a sort of Universe Mode where by you select how many planets are available to control and you duke it out against your opponent or opponents to see who could control the custom universe. This can also be used to customize your own Singleplayer campaign as well.

Someone at Petroglyph : Edited by Delphi-PG on May 25 2005 10:01AM

We hope everyone likes the video, we wanted to expose as much of the game as possible during the show.

Take care,

Delphi

Game Designer

Petroglyph

http://www.petroglyphgames.com

Links to download the E3 tour : (*You must register to get them it seems)

Empire at War: Full Version

Large - 694.9MB

Medium - 181.3MB

Empire at War: Short Version

Large - 114.9MB

Medium - 29.2MB

Nick - MEMW Forums: The short version is 7 minutes long, and contains most of the information available in the long version. The long version is everything I taped in the LucasArts booth, the footage is primarily the same demo being played over and over again, however each time a different person would control the game with a new person talking about it. Therefore even though it is the same demo, you do see and hear different things. If you are highly interested in the game, then the long version is what you’d like to see; if you are only slightly interested then the short version is all you need to see.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I heard the guy specificly say in it that the min requirements for running the game is only a 1 gig computer, and if i heard right, correct me if i'm wrong, but only a gforce 3. Great news for the lower ended gamer! For all of u out there wondering what the min specs are.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

I'm not sure. At one point in that E3 clip, sounded like they still had ballancing issues to take care of. (when that AT-AT walked through the energy shield the guy mentioned they were still ballancing) Other then that who knows, but I'm glad they're taking there time to make it perfect.

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

i cnat c them shit this suck i wan to si it but it dosent let me shit shit shit

I had the same problem but Cain told me after I register to look down to the links that are for free.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

Petroglyph FF Admin.

I think people only have windows media player right ? I have winamp which is a regular and trusted player and it played those videos without a problem. Wolf and some other guy had that problem since they only have windows media player. Thought that might help if still problems :)

:arrow: The videos only run on Win Media Player 10. You have to download that too.I think they use a new sort of file called vmw.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

• 2 weeks later...

Ya when tryign to watch movies so I just end up using my laptop (if it behaves) or dvd player or PS2. I was going to say something, forgot what.

edit: This forum has a bug, its saying theres a new message but its me who leaves them messages. Could you fix this ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FrancisChang006 welcome to our small Petroglyph&EAW home :) it is not much, but what we lack in hightech we make up with excelent human quality.

Pls. feel at home and enjoy your time with us. Its nice to see that news about EAW has arrived in China :)

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

Petroglyph FF Admin.

Nice to meet u too man, welcome to the forums! :) Plz enjoy your stay, and hope to hear more from ya!