A fan of Westwood (sic)

Ismael

Since Cain has posted about Brett Tosti I wanted to show you that Mike is also great and cool :D !

Developer BIO

Michael Legg worked for Electronic Arts - Westwood Studios (formerly Westwood Associates) from 1986 to 2003. In April of 2003, he co-founded Petroglyph (www.petroglyphgames.com), with partners Steve Tall and Joe Bostic. Petroglyph is a Las Vegas-based game development company. Mike has worked on the Atari ST, Commodore Amiga, PC DOS, PC Windows, PC DirectX, Microsoft Xbox, and Sony PlayStation 2 platforms. He has worked on the following games for Westwood:

Lead Programmer: EA/Westwood’s next, to-be-announced Command & Conquer RTS title (Electronic Arts), Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat (Electronic Arts), Blade Runner (Virgin Interactive Entertainment), Monopoly CD-ROM / Internet (Hasbro Interactive), The Legend of Kyrandia 3: Malcolm's Revenge (Virgin Interactive Entertainment), The Legend of Kyrandia 2: Hand of Fate (Virgin Interactive Entertainment), The Legend of Kyrandia (Virgin Interactive Entertainment), Circuit's Edge (Infocom), California Games (Epyx), Roadwar Europa (Strategic Simulations, Inc.), Roadwar 2000 - Strategic Simulations, Inc.), Phantasie III (Strategic Simulations, Inc.)

Programmer - Technologies, Libraries, and Tools: Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (Platinum Edition) (Electronic Arts), Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor Online (Westwood Studios), Command & Conquer: Red Alert (Virgin Interactive Entertainment), Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny (Virgin Interactive Entertainment), Command & Conquer (Virgin Interactive Entertainment), Toonstruck (Virgin Interactive Entertainment), Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos (Virgin Interactive Entertainment), Dune 2: The Building of a Dynasty (Virgin Interactive Entertainment), Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon (Strategic Simulations, Inc), Eye of the Beholder (Strategic Simulations, Inc.)

Lead Designer: Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat (Electronic Arts), The Legend of Kyrandia 2: Hand of Fate (co-lead) (Virgin Interactive Entertainment), The Legend of Kyrandia - (Virgin Interactive Entertainment), Circuit's Edge (Infocom)

Michael Legg is also known as:

Mike Legg

Michael B. Legg

MobyGames Auto-Generated Summary *:

Michael Legg was credited on a game as early as 1990 and as recently as 2002. His/Her career probably spans more years than those displayed since these dates are based on the credits documented in MobyGames (which are incomplete). Michael Legg has been credited with the roles Programming, Sound, Design and Support. Michael Legg has been credited on games developed by the following companies: Westwood Studios, Attic Entertainment Software and Avalon Interactive. This does not imply employment by these companies. Michael Legg is also a MobyGames user.

Games Credited

Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat (2002), Electronic Arts Inc.

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun: Firestorm (2000), Electronic Arts Inc.

Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun (1999), Electronic Arts Inc.

Blade Runner (1997), Avalon Interactive

Command & Conquer: Sole Survivor Online (1997), Westwood Studios

Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny (1997), Avalon Interactive

Toonstruck (1996), Avalon Interactive

Monopoly (1995), Hasbro Interactive

Legend of Kyrandia: Malcolm's Revenge, The (1994), Avalon Interactive

Realms of Arkania Vol. 2 - Star Trail (1994), Fantasy Productions

Legend of Kyrandia: Hand of Fate, The (1993), Avalon Interactive

Legend of Kyrandia, The (1992), Avalon Interactive

Circuit's Edge (1990), Infocom

I think Mike has done more RTS games than Brett and his list is much bigger that Brett's one. Much better for EAW I mean.

I'm happy that they are working together :) are you ?

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

Petroglyph FF Admin.

:arrow: Yes I personaly am ! :D Mike has earned my respect and admiration long ago .

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

• 1 month later...

Count me in as an offical fan of Mike Legg. I would also add Joe Bostic, Steve Tall & Chuck Krogel to my Petroglyph fan club. :D Of course there are 25 other very tallented team members at Petroglyph that deserve my respect and their own fan clubs as well... :wink:

-Katarn

:arrow: Thank you for this words Katran :) I will transmit them to Ismael today and from him to the rest of them. (*But I'm sure they will see them faster than we can inform them even if they are busy and such).

:arrow: After so many months of beeing close to Petroglyph I can say that it is not EAW who drive us to be fans. It is Petroglyph it self. Their quality and skills as humans are abouve all that you normally could find and expect to find betwen man.

:arrow: If wee will have been in the middle ages now, I could say that most of us who know them whould have followed the Petroglyph falg into any battle. Especially under Mike's leadership.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

I'm deffinatly a fan of those guys! The game i've been waiting for for so long, and they're making it. It looks amazing so far, and it's not even done yet. And all of there involvement with the comunity just makes it even better. U guys rock! :D

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Call me misguided or even stupid but here's my take...I'm not a fan of any individual but have always been impressed by the quality of games produced by the Westwood Team. A Westwood fan since those heady days of Westwood Associates. I've lost 1,000's of hours to these guys work and enjoyed almost every minute.

When I say the Westwood Team I mean the individuals who made the name Westwood in all its incarnations a respected and trusted name within the industry. It is a shame that EA folded on Westwood Studios and it is IMHO a major dent in EA's portfolio. The success of Earth and Beyond was not guaranteed and Westwood led the world (again) with this MMORPG. A game that had so much potential was allowed to flounder and die and even now some years on there are fans of the game still around. take a look at www.ebportal.com to see for yourself. People still talk of EnB II.

Since the demise of EnB which was 9 months or more prior to closure (it became clear to many that EA was pulling the financial plug) I have played and tried many games..and still looking for a space based MMORPG that was similar to EnB. I beta tested EnB and EVE the nearest thing to it. Eve had some eye candy and some nice twists but lacked that EnB flavour.

Petroglyph (according to this site) has 29 employees of which 22 are ex-Westwood employees. So in spirit (to me) Peterogylph is Westwood reincarnate. I wait with bated breath for SWEAW purely because I feel assured of a quality I had become used to that hasn't been reached elsewhere (still) by other software houses.

I'd love to hear Petroglyph announce a space based MMORPG, perhaps even a SWEA version. The games community is crying out for a quality MMORPG that allows the casual solo player an opportunity to play as well as the hordes who want PVP and be part of a larger group of players. EnB had that..you could log on and play solo to your hearts content and/or join in Guild (group) activities.

Ok I need to wrap this up....I can honestly say that I can almost feel the future of Petroglyph the collection of talent is formidable and if Kohiba or any of the EnB guys are out there...you know what I'm talking about.

So good luck to all of you at Petroglyph I believe your success is assured and I can't wait to fill up some of my hours I have on the end of your creations...where just for a time I can lose myself in the worlds you create.

And if ever you need a Beta Tester for any of your products I'm your man (or at least one of them).

Good luck Petroglyph ..