Invasions+ Orbital Bombard

Seewolf

i think we should diskuss this in annother tread, if we make it much time longer, we have some diskussion about things which not realet to the game and at the end of the topic nobody knows about what we had talked first in the tread

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

"Der Preis der Freiheit, ist ewige Wachsamkeit" Col. Blair Herz des Tigers

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the turrets had to get their power from somewhere, it coudln't use the force. Well you also have to protect yourself from enemys right ?

O lets just build a base with no protection and hope we dont get our "rears" kicked into the wall. But with turrets you can at least turn the tide :) my point is without turrets or power source one cant work without the other right ? Well Shield Generators could have been built right into the mountain but could have used camoflash to hide it but the rebels didn't have that kind of tech. hmm, But still turrets = better hope of suriviving :) but a fortune to build

mhh we should think about it.

Defeats the shields orbital bombardemos and air Attacks or only from ground attacks.

I think there should be 2 different types of Guard Towers.

1. Types

Anti capital, Transport towers and Shield generators against obital bombards

2. Types

Anti - Infantery, Vehicel and Air Towers, maybe a shield generator against artillery weapons

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

well for a person learning english kind of hard for him to tell us what hes thinkign since english isn't his native tounge. Thats obvious of course. Ya I agree watch that spelling.

Orbiting star ships firing down on certain parts of the planet would come in handy but annoying if oyu were on the opposite end :P your falt for letting them through in the first place so lol.

i mean

there should be 2 different types of Base defence

the first Defence is only for theSpace,

Ion Cannon aso

and the Second is only fr the Ground.

yes the first defence line this are turrets against capital ships and transports.

I Know that english is not his native language just like english isn't mine also, but i do my best to overcome this. Please don't get me wrong Seewolf and continue to post your thoughs.

I read the game's preview and they said that fans of star wars rebellion can consider this game a new hope :lol: (thank the maker).

I agree with Seewolf, turrets should be the first line of defence, that is why i spoke of sabotage missions since these nasty babys can do serious damage to invading forces. :lol:

As for my question wether or not a TIE unit would represent a squad, is now answered, each TIE unit is actually several starfighters.

I agree with you Darth Magnus.

"What did Obi-wan Kenobi Say to Luke Skywalker before the Grand National?"

"USE THE HORSE"

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

I whole heartly agree. Ground defence consisting of those shield generators, and land based turbolasers, like in ep 5. Then Ion cannons and heavy turbolasers that let vollys into space during a space battle. Power generators must not be that different from the ones on capital ships, construction may take a while, but givin the resources, power shouldn't be too much trouble. If u want more power, u have to upgrade the power plant, taking time and massive amounts of credits. And some limit to the final versions power out put, for ballance. Any idea's on fair numbers of shield gens and space and ground based batteries? For the biggest power generator, I say 1 large ion cannon, 4 heavy turbolaser batteries, maybe 4 quad laser batteries for anti fighter runs. Ground defence would have the shield, maybe 8 medium turbolaser batteries. maybe a couple proton torp launchers as well. Im' not sure how ballanced it'll be, maybe more, maybe less. Thoughts?

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

In the X-wing series of Novels Borleis was powered by Geothermal power plants, solar power and Fusion. So yo could have massive solar cells powering Shields and Ground defenses and the Geothermal and Fusion generators powering the Anti Aircraft turbolasers.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

Well, Victory Star Destroyers could go into planets and provide cover fire and drop needed equipement faster so I think this should be inserted and if its then thats great. More things to do the better. Imagine a Star Destroyer comin down from space and just destroying all those power cores and shields and troops. Space battle now happening inside a planet :P Think that fits ?

• 3 months later...

Well I am not sure. I bump this topic as I feel that not everyone has really seen what has happened.

Orbital Bombarment. So far we have seen the Bomber's coming down and attacking the bases. We have yet to see any turbolaser bombardments and the such.

We have seen loads more ground defenses and buildings and we have seen teh skirmish mode constructs. Some of us (little.B and Junker :mrgreen: ) have played it!!! Well the demo will be with us in a few months and the gam a Month or so after that so we really don't have that long to go.

I feel that the current tach that we are seeing is ambiguos as we have yet to see any real EU stuff in terms of ships like Defenders and to some extend the later stuff. There are very few ground troops. I want to see the stufffrom Rebellion def. in there at the very least.

ok, well this thread was started before i got here. But for the influx of noobs were getting i can see the point in bumping it.

No, he means 'Dark Lord Exus Magnus'. I must admit I haven't seen him about on the forums anytime... he's probably around though.

"And the moral of the story is: Appreciate what you've got, because basically; I'm fantastic." ~ Holly, Red Dwarf

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y143/Lord_Darkmark/Forcedbanner01.jpg

http://www.starwarsforced.co.uk