Galactic Battlegrounds

Wonder_man

What is your opinion of Star Wars Galactic Battleground?I find it to be a clone of AOE 2,although the differences between the races is better shown here.The game itself is no bad,but do you have to be a big Star Wars fan to like it?

Sorry if the thread seems a bit old but I couldn't think of another RTS :)

mhh i must say i dont like games like AOE, And SWBG are not my favorite :)

i like more Games like DOW, GC or C&C, Earth aso ^^

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

"Der Preis der Freiheit, ist ewige Wachsamkeit" Col. Blair Herz des Tigers

I used to play it with a person I knew online but I could only play online with him and another friend. Games evolve so I played less of that and started playing Rome Total war and now that messed up on me so i'm looking for another game like Empire at war.

to the point, well It was a good game, it has its up and downs. Once I knew what I was doing it got very easy and used everything to my advantage, most of the times. The perosn I knew was cowardly and attacked at the last second and he took the point while I did all the hard work (Terminate the commander since I like seein vader on my side). It was very accurate but just got outdated very quick. Space battle sucked since no star destroyer battle. Space maps were like ground maps. AI was stupid with buildings and wasted units.

well thats my opinion.

• 6 months later...

SWGB is a great game in my opinion. It had a couple things they could of made better, like the "air" part. Although it was dirived directly from AOE2 it is more accurate for each civilization.

Air could of been changed like to the style of Rise of nations. The planes dont stand around, they do figure eights or go back and land. A little more emphasis on the size ratio would of been nice. The use of Star Destroyers and Death star were unfortunately cheat codes.

But random map on SWGB is every bit as good as any RTS game i have ever played. Our clan (TFF) still plays it everyday, even though its considered to be a dead game. The Zone still hosts it and it has on the average of 150 in it, and new people still coming in everyday.

Our clan is although concentrating on the EaW game coming out. We are a clan of 70 strong in our many divisions, all RTS games. AoM, AoC, SWGB, RoN and AOE3. If you guys are interested in still playing we offer a nice environment and we provide training. But we are mostly about friendship and having fun. Skill either comes or it doesn't, check out our site

http://tffclan.nerd-central.co.uk click forums if you want to talk about the game or join. Thanks guys.

Scott

• 2 months later...
I love Galactic Battlegrounds and Force Commander - if ya wanna play online, PM me

TD7722 :twisted:

Mountain Garrison / M.E.P.D.

http://www.mg501.com/mg5012.gifhttp://www.sandtrooper.net/sandtrooper.net2.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/JediDude/CTN/Katie.gif

Its pretty fun. Its funner if you play at 75 pop cap with lots of trees and the AI pounding you while you have a commander. You can build a tunnel in those trees  ;D Wookies and Empire work best or at least for me in digging in trees  :P