Rome : Total War

Cain

:arrow: For those who not know I'm also Burebista at the TWC site (The initial place were Ismael contacted me). If another RTW player commes around and has anything to ask me about RTW pls. do :)

:arrow: I can also be found on the TWC Forums.

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

• 3 weeks later...

I love this game its just I cant play it anymore. Just wondering if anybody else got a problem like when you move the mouse it gets all freaky ? I know this is the wrong place but its a forum about RTW right ? :roll: I love this game and tried fixing it to play it but couldn't graphic card is good and well, I donno. Such a good game with a small annoying error.

official site forums isn't very kind to me.

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=setandget&tp=250843&poll_id=0&category_id=20&warned=y

Ghostly_polovnik There are some wonderfult Mods for RTW. Did you try them all ? I also have a bad PC but it usualy works. Try reinstalling your internet explorer and after the game and after driectX. It usualy works.

Never tried a mod for it since well, I float around different games and suft the web. Glad to know Rome total war is popular at this fan forum.

What ? Windows Media player ? WHAT. Stupid windows media. I'll take them over with the Empire :P

Edit: Well that was easier then getting myself an army to take over Media player. Stupid media player messing things up, all your falt :evil: Well now i can play total war whenever :D

As Cain prolly remembers... i used to play this game religously(sp?) but now i cant as my Video Card is getting pretty old. Every time i try to battle someone the game crashes so i have given up on it untill i can get a new video card unfortunatly. But i put those one units that Cain made and the beat some major ass. The thing that really sucks is that i was 30 colonies into the game when it started this problem. Any help will be appreciated :D

• 2 weeks later...
Lol them cowards. No matter who plays them the Roman's flees the battles in multiplayer. I play as the greeks and use hopelites and and they never flee unless lowered enough. I played against Wolf and computer and I won and I just sat there lol. Played with Wolf and against computer and damn cowards. Thats just insane them AI for those units. Anyways i'll let the next poster post. :)

• 2 months later...
Hey ghost that one problem with Rome you had has happened to me before. If you have a Geforce 5200 fx graphics card roll the drivers back to November of 04, it fixed the problems for me anyways.
I strike again!

What a quiet topic :roll:

Can someone define Arcani ? I've been told they're like special forces in ancient times but what exactly are they ?

Btw a post of the expansion pack:

http://forums.gamespot.com/gamespot/show_messages.php?board=927879&topic=22714793&page=0

I'm having the same issue with RTW... the mouse issue and when I click on the senator interface the game quits. is it really the driver or media player? I didn't think you could downgrade media player. Anyhow the machine I'm having an issue with has a 5200 on it.
"I'm not perfect or saved baby, so suck it" - Wil Wheaton

:arrow: Hmmm ... this happened to me when I instaled mods or moded the senate .ini files

:arrow: I will advaice you to reinstal Rome and if is still doing it reinstal your video drivers and DirectX.

:arrow: If is still doing it - install the Rome patch.

:arrow: Anyway if you get bored of RTW the original I will advaice you to try this :

http://swempireatwar.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=53

its not yet on the "market" but alin works on it and I'm sure he will give you the beta. Trust me this mod is better that anything CA or Sega did or will do. As a mater of fact they get their inspiration for their next expansion from this mod.

You can find alin here :

http://swempireatwar.10.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=457

Yeah, I play it and I've modified my version to encourage the formation of large armies... (Low upkeep, high purchasing cost. After all, after you obtain all the equipment you're just paying the soldiers in the field.) I also made it so that the Romans fight... well, more like romans (All of their units are hideously expensive now but just as hideously effective, except against archers anyway.)

Forum and RPG Membership:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsTC.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/StellarMagic01/RaporaWarsRPG2.jpg

Signature:

Sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from Magic. -Arthur C. Clarke

• 3 weeks later...