Star Wars: Rebellion

Cain

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:arrow: .... :) should we make a full Rebellion forum here ?! I know many young people who never played it :idea:

- The Trivium Organization - Community Manager -

- Petroglyph Fan Forums - CoAdmin & Human Resources Manager -

Why bother dude! swrebellion contains all one would ever want/need/or could know concerning the game, and would serve a newbie's interests much better. :roll:

Ok the guest problem is fixed . We will be able to post only if we are logged in.

Hey Cain (Mihai) I also play Rebellion with Abdul ! It was my brothers old CD. It looks very old and with a nasty interface but we play it cause it looks like EaW.

When do you want to make and online fight ?! I'm very good at Rebelion I guess :wink:

When was this game made ? Mike said that EaW is more real time that Rebelion.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

Petroglyph FF Admin.

:arrow: Ismael let's wait for the EaW :) I play rebellion from '98 when you were ... let me guess :) 6 years old ?! so I don't want to defeat you ... but we can try it anyway when we will have the time.

:arrow: Ok we will find a day to play if your connecton is good enough.

Just wait a little cause I have to train a little more with Abdul :)

Petroglyph FF Admin.

lol its seems that cain is afraid of loosing against ismael ^^

i must say i had played repellion to ^^

Why is English one of the most speaken languages? German is more better, it sounds better and i did unterstandt it ^^ but for you i will spoke english too, not good but you should unterstand me ^^

"Der Preis der Freiheit, ist ewige Wachsamkeit" Col. Blair Herz des Tigers

Seewolf is right ! Coe one Cain let's make a game :) Abdul is killing me with his Death Stars. I'm also want to know if my dailup supports such a multiplayer.

Petroglyph FF Admin.

:arrow: Ahhh Ismael :) when I will have time I will contact you for a game. Now let's stick to work :)

i have never played rebellion...from wot i have read it is pretty hard to play..i have though played SW:GB and SW:CW they were alrite for land battles but lacked the consistancy to keep me playing..lost interest after a few hours. :(:(
***Fight Me U should Not!***

Rebellion is similar in concept with EAW but it is old and with Windows like menus. It is quite difficult to ajust to when playng but you should deffinetly play it :idea::D

• 2 weeks later...

:arrow: Boring at the first look.

:arrow: The interface is way to difficult for a newb.

:arrow: Have pacience and use extensivly the mouse buttons on any icon or image. You may be surprised what is showing up.

:arrow: Read the manual.

I'm an old Hand. Been playing it since it came out. Initially it was tough but you just need to know how to set up the basics. Build loads and I MEAN loads of TIEs, 12 or more per planet. And build small lvls of ports around the galaxy and take over the inner rim via diplomacy and take massive fleets around the outer rim leaving token forces on every planet.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/knivesdamaster/tags/sith_omguserbar_member.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How do u make your game more enjoyable and harder in Rebellion (against the computer)?

Of course, I always play at impossible level of difficulty but I find the game is still too easy. So I use a few house rule in addition

1) Any character with the ability to be general/admiral/commander can never be used in a mission, except for starting uprising or suppress uprising

2) I only sabotage planet base facilities (never ship or fighters)

3) Try not to take advantage of the weak (and poor) combat AI during space battles

4) I never build any of the special units for recon, sabotage, espionnage missions, I only use main character for all missions. Also, I retire all of those specail units I might start the game with.

What do you guys do?

Things are not as they seem,

nor are they otherwise

I have Windows XP, and would like to play Rebellion having heard many good things about it. But the system requirements say that you must have a Windows 95 directX compatible PC, and a PCI graphic card (I have a Radeon 9200 APG card) So I don't want to spend the money without knowing if the game will run.

Welcome to our forums Executor :) In regards to your question, it is a very fun game. As for it running on xp, that's a different story. Me personally, mine won't run on my comp anymore. I keep getting 16-bit error messages saying i can't run it. Perhaps my cd is to scratched, i'm not sure. Anyone else here have that problem? My system is a p4 1.7gig 512ram gforce 5500 win xp pro

-You seem to have an over developed sence of vengeance. It's going to get you into trouble some day.

SWEAW Petroglyph Fan Forums

Click for EaW Countdown Timer!

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/Foshjedi2004/Empire.jpg

I have Windows XP, and would like to play Rebellion having heard many good things about it. But the system requirements say that you must have a Windows 95 directX compatible PC, and a PCI graphic card (I have a Radeon 9200 APG card) So I don't want to spend the money without knowing if the game will run.

It should work. I have win XP and an AGP 9600 PRO and it works. I got Rebellion like 2 weeks ago. I find it fun, although as others have said, it is a bit hard to get into. Stick with it though.