Find the similarities...

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane

A Gilette Sensor for Women razor:

http://www.idsa.org/whatsnew/decadegallery/images/winners/g-sensor.jpg

Qui-Gon's comlink from Episode I:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/technology/comlink/img/movie_bg.jpg

I wonder if Amidala's razor will look like a cell phone then?

There are lots of stuff like that in EPI easter-eggs, there is ET in teh Galactic SEnate, Luke's speeder from EP IV, one ship from 2001 space odyssey, mark hamill's kid as a naboo guard, etc...

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

ET in the senate is actually part of an ongoing friendly feud between Lucas and Steven Spielburg. When ET was released, there was a little kid dressed up as Yoda for Halloween.

The thing is, Empire was released a few months after ET.

There was a few back and forth tricks between them, but I can't remember them all now.

"Your faith in your friends is yours!!"

Guest Scathane
The thing is, Empire was released a few months No kidding?

I wonder if Amidala's razor will look like a cell phone then?
Amidala's razor..... trying..... not....to....droollll!!!

Guest Scathane

Yes, what lies beneath!!! 8)

By the way, this is one thread I don't mind staying on-topic about: what do you guys (and gals) think about GL using a women's razor as a conlink... It's obvious that the two are the same.

Well, I suppose after a while they run out of original props and start using everyday things. It happens in many movies. For example, the code cylinders on the Imperial uniforms: The standard ones (like the worn by Tarkin and the Imperials in TESB and ROTJ) are chalk-holders. "Admiral" Motti's strange-looking ones are mini-flashlights. You just run out of original things, plus it's probably fun to use normal, every-day things as your grand-high SW prop.

By the way, how did you come up with this, Scath? :?

Guest Scathane

I think there's a costs issues as well. Imagine that you have to create and design everything anew for every piece of concept art that made!!! That would probably give too much extra cost.

By the way, I didn't know that about the code cilinders! Are there any other every day objects you know of?

Tennis shoes as REb ships at Endor
8O Which ships?

Heh heh, as a side joke:

Imperial bridge officer: Sir, they're ship are engaing!

Imperial captain: What classes?

Bridge Officer: Reebok-class and Adidas-class cruisers!

Captain: 8O No . . . NOT THOSE!

:lol: