Doing what you can...

Admiral-Beef

:? Okay, so all it does is make it so you can make people's names longer? It doesn't allow for, let's say, making the text (the little bio the game gives under their picture) longer?

You can do this on your own quite simply as well: open textstra.dll and edit the length of the shipclasses there. You have to click on the compile button, before you save the dll.
:? Oh no . . . computer jargon . . . I'm all ready confused.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scathane
Yeah, that's what you get, SOCL, if you ask questions about RebEditing, you get technobabble. Mask, is this something you could screw up your dll-file with? I mean, making a back up is a wise thing to do, isn't it?

TEXTSTRA works only iwth the names for each item in Reb. Char names, mission names, ship names, ship class names, fighters, troops, etc. If you are pretty sure you will be screweing up do a back up. But again's it's very hard to screw up with it. But make a back-up reagardless of it, i constantly make new back-ups each time I have changed something.
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
SOCL use REbED and check both Can be built by: Rebel and Imperial.

its VERY important to adapt the research tree for both (f.e.:Neb B has research1 and TIE Bombers too) so I gave the TIE Bombers research 0 so they can build at the start of the game and both sides research nebulon B first.

But I think sharing Star Destroyers is not very close to SW in general :roll:

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

:arrow: Anyone played SimCopter? The game is the grandfather of GTA3. You controlled a heli pilot in a city. He could do several jobs, like: picking up water and fighting fire, or getting injured people to the hospital, cathing bandits and so on...

The great thing with it was, that you could load your own cities, that you created in Simcity 2000. You could do anything in your own city!

:arrow: If there ever will be a Reb2, I just wish to see some similar ideas in it. Imagine! During a tactical battle you could possess one of the fighters (like in Dungeon Keeper). Like a combination of Reb and XWA...

But I think sharing Star Destroyers is not very close to SW in general
Why not? In the EU (post-ROTJ) they used Star Destroyers quite a bit. When hunting Zsinj, in Vector Prime, and I know the Essential Chronology tells of the New Republic using Star Destroyers A LOT. Along with that, it makes sense for them to use them. I mean, they come out of a Rebellion and are still low on ships, so ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they can get a hold of they use. Look the Mon Cal Star Crusiers: former star liners.

Anyone played SimCopter? The game is the grandfather of GTA3. You controlled a heli pilot in a city. He could do several jobs, like: picking up water and fighting fire, or getting injured people to the hospital, cathing bandits and so on...

The great thing with it was, that you could load your own cities, that you created in Simcity 2000. You could do anything in your own city!

Ironic question, LaForge! I just installed it the other day and started playing! Weird! I also installed SimCity2000 and have been flying missions in my city, but I hate having SO many riots! :x Another added thing: you could make your own radio station with whatever music you wanted! :D Wish we could that in Rebellion.

Yes, like in the MOO series, it would be great to assault and capture the opponents capital ships, like a STD too. So we simply could steal them. But it's not the same to share it with Rebed, because so you can even produce STD with the rebels. Dude21's right. Bether to leave it unchanged in Rebed. :roll: Of course, that's only my thought..

8O8O8O8O8O8O8O

I'm getting really misunderstood here!

Master of Orion series (1-3)

STD stands for Star Destroyer! :) But I lkie your version too :lol:

I guessed as much about STD being Star Destroyer, I was simply used to seeing SD than STD. Thanks for clearing things up! :D

:) Of course SD would be more logical. The Xwing games used STD for star destroyer. ( like GUN for gunboats, or MCRV for modified corvettes...) Edited by Lord_La_forge

Guest Scathane
I thought GUN stood for Gamorrean Unashamed Nudity... :? At least..., that's what Trejiuvanat told me. :twisted:

Gamorrean Unshamed Nudity

and

Sexually Transmitted Disease

and all of it being brought up by Scath... well....

BTW, XWA uses ISD and ISDII for Impstar and Impstar Deuce, respectively.

I could probably help in this discussion better if I remembered what they used in TIE Fighter, but I don't. What I do know is that I commonly see:

SD=Star Destroyer
    ISD=Imperial Star Destroyer (AKA Imperator-class)
    ISDI=Imperial Star Destroyer, Mark I
    ISDII=Imperial Star Destroyer, Mark II
    ISDIII=Imperial Star Destroyer, Mark III
    VSD=Victory Star Destroyer
    VSDI=Victory Star Destroyer, Mark I
    VSDII=Victory Star Destroyer, Mark II
    SSD=Super Star Destroyer; Super-class Star Destroyer (AKA Executor-class)
    SSSD=Sovereign Super Star Destroyer
    ESSD/ESD=Eclipse Star Destroyer/Eclipse Super Star Destroyer

Granted, there are more, but this is just a quite list of common ones concerning Star Destroyers.

By the way, has anyone ever taken note that Star Destroyer in the SW original trilogy is written as Stardestroyer? It's in the credits. You'll see that some actors' roles are called "Stardestroyer crewman" or "Stardestroyer officer".

How is it spelled correctly?
That was my biggest question for a long time. Is is Star Destroyer or Stardestroyer. Are we to follow the credits of the STAR WARS movies or what has been established in the novels? Are the credits of SW canon over the novels? 8O WHAT DO WE DO?

Since I have named myself King of the Universe... I say that they are to be called Star Destroyers...

Seriously, though, the official site names them Star Destroyers too, that Stardestroyer denomination was probably only for the original trilogy, and GL decided to change it.

Does it matter anyway, there is no alteration in the meaning, nor is there in spanish Destructores Estelares, nor in German Sternenzerstörer.

Guest Scathane
Gamorrean Unshamed Nudity

and

Sexually Transmitted Disease

and all of it being brought up by Scath... well....

See, that's where you're wrong (again), Trej... I didn't bring up Sexually Transmitted Disease...