Har har har!!!

Guest Scathane

Would you tarnish the name of Thrawn?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you tarnish the name of Thrawn?

• Hell yeah! Blast that damn blueskinned powermonger! I try to damage his reputation wherever I go!
    • Noooo! The revered Thrawn can be regarded as the greatest military strategist ever! He's the best, our blueskinned saviour!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yoda was something of a relic though, so it does fit.

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Scathane
I somewhere read, that the name Darth Vader spawned from dark father. In German 'father' is written 'Vater', what's it written in Dutch, Scath ?
Vader... 8O I mentioned this in an earlier post in another topic... I believe that GL has doen this deliberately... 8)

Hothand Piett were Generals from the Boar War in South Africa...I think...
I found squat on Piett, but Hoth was several people. He was a general near Knoxville whose men allegedly had part in the The Shelton Laurel Massacre, Madison County, NC,Winter of 1863. But more likely, GL gort the name from the German Panzer General who fought in Russia a lot during WWII; here's his picture:

http://216.198.255.120/germanpart/hoth02.gif

By the way, did you guys know that Piett is the only Imperial officer to survive more than one film? 8)

The russians spell Peter as Pter. Or something like it.
Actually, it's Pjotr in Russian. :roll:

Elves? In AD&D?
Yes, there are, but in this case, Trej was talking about Middle Earth.

...har har harrr...but Jahled found where Piet came from:

During the Boer War at the turn of the century in South Africa, there was an unsuccessful Boer siege of British-held town of Mafeking Oct 1899-May 1900. The British garrison, about 750 soldiers under Col Robert Baden-Powell, 1700 townspeople, and about 7000 Africans, was besieged by a 10,000 strong Boer force under General Piet Cronje.

The siege was not pressed very hard and the only serious attack the Boers attempted failed. It was eventually lifted when a British column arrived, dispered the Boers, and relieved the town 17 May 1900.

-Prof Jedi Jahled

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Hmm . . . Tchaikovsky, the famed conductor and director of the 1812 Overture and Swan Lake, is Russian and his name is: Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky. My guess is the name changes depending on family and region, because I have seen Pter as a Russian name as well.

Guest Scathane
During the Boer War at the turn of the century in South Africa, there was an unsuccessful Boer siege of British-held town of Mafeking Oct 1899-May 1900. The British garrison, about 750 soldiers under Col Robert Baden-Powell, 1700 townspeople, and about 7000 Africans, was besieged by a 10,000 strong Boer force under General Piet Cronje.

The siege was not pressed very hard and the only serious attack the Boers attempted failed. It was eventually lifted when a British column arrived, dispered the Boers, and relieved the town 17 May 1900.

-Prof Jedi Jahled

Are you competing with me on Useless Information, Jahled? :lol:

Hmm . . . Tchaikovsky, the famed conductor and director of the 1812 Overture and Swan Lake, is Russian and his name is: Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky. My guess is the name changes depending on family and region, because I have seen Pter as a Russian name as well.
You may well be right, SOCL...