Har har har!!!

Guest Scathane

Would you tarnish the name of Thrawn?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you tarnish the name of Thrawn?

• Hell yeah! Blast that damn blueskinned powermonger! I try to damage his reputation wherever I go!
    • Noooo! The revered Thrawn can be regarded as the greatest military strategist ever! He's the best, our blueskinned saviour!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of any reasons.

If 99% is bullshit what is the other 1% then?

Intelligent, civilized conversation? :lol:

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

SOCL is a kid . . . The most of the spam here is written by them both :!:
True . . . but I suppose none of us are in a position to throw accusations about, are we? :wink::lol:

Intelligent, civilized conversation?
We hope. I'm actually surprised Evaders hasn't said anything yet.

I have a good question which will, hopefully, bring us back to the topic: Why do the Thrawn-haters hate him?

Because he's an Imperial :twisted:

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Guest Scathane
I said I am pregnant dont ignore me I have no future no job no possibilities i am going to commit suicide.
Dude22, there are two possibilities for your posting this.

1. It's true
    2. You're having a first attempt at humor

Whichever one it is, I think it's good to tell you right away that these aren't the forums for it. If it's the first, you should seek professional help. You might try the following links:

If it's the second... Well, what can I say... You're not being funny, in fact, you're being rather tasteless and you're showing a frightening display of disrespect for people who actually are in such predicaments. I implore you not to post anything like this again. This isn't the kind of forum where we appreciate this and, believe me, I feel very comfortable in stating that I'm speaking for all of us at http://swrebellion.net.

Bullshit, 99% of the statements written in the forums are bullshit and what u wrote is bullshit too and when u have a problem with my posts PM me and dont use the thread to express yourself. Thanks
No, you see, we don't do that around here... If we have a problem with your posts, we discuss that out in the open. Got it, dude? Edited by Scathane

So, the Thrawn-haters hate Thrawn because he's an Imperial and he's blue? Jeez, then why don't you guys hate me?

:arrow: wherefrom do u know that we NOT hate u? :wink:

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

So, the Thrawn-haters hate Thrawn because he's an Imperial and he's blue? :? Jeez, then why don't you guys hate me?

You aren't blue right?

Then again I certainly don't hate him.. he made those lazy New Republic officiers to wake up and got Garm Bel Iblis into the story :D:D

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

So, the Thrawn-haters hate Thrawn because he's an Imperial and he's blue? :? Jeez, then why don't you guys hate me?

How can you hate Gimpy? :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Scathane
Thrawn...

Where did they find this name anyway?

Maybe frown prawn... they're sort of blueish as well...

I somewhere read, that the name Darth Vader spawned from dark father. In German 'father' is written 'Vater', what's it written in Dutch, Scath ?

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

You aren't blue right?
That depends on your definition of blue, whether you mean blue in a physical or mental aspect.

Thrawn is the GREATEST LEADER of the galaxie 8)
AMEN! :D

Where did they find this name anyway?
I remember reading somewhere about where Timothy Zahn got the name Thrawn, but now I don't quite remember. I have a few letters of correspondence from him in my room. Let me check to see if it's written anywhere in them.

Well Mon Mothma almost sounds like Moma, or Mama. So I think it wasn't choosed occasionaly.
Good point, LaForge. I had just imagined some of these names to be made up, but in reality, most are based on people or places. For example, General Covell in the Thrawn trilogy has a close resemblance to Manfield Lovell, a Confederate Army officer in the American Civil War, and Solomon Lovell, an American officer in the American Revolutionary War. Both had some interesting parts in history (especially since they're both included in Oxford's Essential Guide to the U.S. Military, and since Timothy Zahn is American. . . .). So you see. . . .

I somewhere read, that the name Darth Vader spawned from dark father. In German 'father' is written 'Vater'
Interesting point.

Hothand Piett were Generals from the Boar War in South Africa...I think...
I've heard that as well.

That's possible. I think, the most of the names are not imaginery..
Quite true. Many of the names in SW have simply been modified a tad to look more "Star Wars-y". Pter=Peter, Covell=Lovell, etc.

SO there is really Hoth some where in Africa???
I suppose there once was.

The russians spell Peter as Pter. Or something like it.

I think the idea could came from the Dune books (Frank Herbert).

He also used some half-imaginery names (like Chani, Liet Kynes, Vladimir Harkonnen or Ordos, witch is a river in Asia.)