Battlefront III

Darth_Rob

It might be announced- there are no certainties yet.

But it seems pretty likely. I'm annoyed that it won't be out 'till March, though. I'll hardly have any time to mooch off of friends with consoles! Hell, Battlefront 4 will be out for the PS5 by the time I finally have time to play it! :evil:

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

If this is true, it's bad news in my opinion. I've got no problem if they make a 3rd instalment - but if those are the only platforms that the game is being made for then it's a bad outlook for LucasArts and PC games. How many games are they releasing for the PC of late? Force Unleashed - no. Clone Wars - no. Fracture - no. Lego Indiana Jones - Yes. Thrillville - no. Indiana Jones - no. Empire at War - yes.

So, the last games PC have gotten are Lego (fun, but not exactly a huge title) and Empire at War (say what you like, but I actually really like this game). Both of which are now considered old - with EaW coming out in 2006 and the first Lego game in 2005 with a re-hash every year or so. But no new engines, and really only Lego Indy is a new game. I'm beginning to wonder if they'll drop the PC platform completelly.

Side note, the LucasArts website bugs the crap out of me now - it takes forever to load thanks to the stupidly heavy amount of flash and videos they use. I just want to bloody browse not waste time and bandwidth on the damn menu!

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that LucasArts have yet to say they're making it - and Amazon has been known to either jump the gun or advertise things that don't exist. Duke Nukem Forever has been advertised on Amazon a few times :roll:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Isn't the new Indy game going to be out for PC? *Checks* Oh, son of a... er, gun!

Indy's only gonna be on consoles?! Come on, guys! You can not leave us with Emperor's Tomb as our last Indy game! Fun though it was, it was a prelude to Temple of Doom! Temple of Doom, for pity's sake! After KotCS it was the worst Indy movie made! Granted, KotCS takes the cake on that and runs with it for a good continent's with worth of distance, but still.... Argh!

Anybody excited about Fracture? I haven't read anything on it, but it certainly looks cool. Great soundtrack, at least.

12/14/07

I do fully agree with all about their feelings about that Battlefront 3 won´t be released on PC. Can´t understand why, because being a rip-off of the awesome "Galactic Conquest"-Mod for Battlefield 1942 (see my signature) that series started on PC (and of course on consoles). But let´s wait if they finally won´t decide to also release it for the PC.
Who cares at all?! :roll:

Duke Nukem Forever has been advertised on Amazon

Oooww! I want that! When is it coming out? Is pre-order available?

:P

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

So what do you think Battlefront III can do to distinguish it from the others? II added the idea of playing as "heroes" at certain times and what not, as well as new levels. What new levels could they possibly add?

As for me, I have no ideas at the moment.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

I'm guessing that there will be more heros- but not traditional ones. The story mode will follow a special forces team, or something, and those units will be the best of the best in the grunt department. For instance, a 501st soldier will be a new option as opposed to the stormtrooper; he'll have more health, a better a blaster, and more stamina.

I also hope there's the option of picking up weapons that you find on the ground; it'd be really nice to be able to take down a tank without having to run off and switch to the ARC or heavy trooper classes.

12/14/07

Thats a good point Tofu. I would like the ability to pick up weapons as you go. Though it makes the use of classes somewhat less significant. I guess maybe they would have other abilities other than weapons, maybe faster, more health, or some other environmental impact (maybe some kind of stealth ability or something). It would be cool to play as a Noghri commando for the Empire, and have him sneaking around with a knife or something.

My Website

Yeah, but let's face it- it's primarily just uber geeks like us who know what Noghri are in the first place. It worked okay in Empire at War, because there was a ton of stuff from the original trilogy in there, plus enough references to other SW games, that fans would be content to not get it. If they became a major part of BFIII, it would be kinda confusing and exclusive for certain players.

I see what you mean about the lack of class distinction, though. Maybe your specific class will have better abilities with those weapons? For instance, a trooper has a higher rate of fire and accuracy with his blaster rifle, while a shock trooper can lock onto targets with his bazooka thing, and a sniper can use the second zoom, or hold the rifle steadier, perhaps?

Maybe there'll also be an addition of something like a stim pack; you know, like they used in Forces of Corruption, for Zahn soldiers? Or health refills that you can activate on your person, like in any FPS game? Those would be nice, just so that you feel a bit less like cannon fodder, I suppose.

12/14/07

Or health refills that you can activate on your person, like in any FPS game? Those would be nice, just so that you feel a bit less like cannon fodder, I suppose.

HAHAHA!!! That is so true. Theres been battles where I would send a guy into the midst of a huge firefight, die within seconds, and respawn just to do it again! Some health you can carry around and use at will would be a great addition.

My Website

I´m pretty sure that this game will be parallel released with the new animated series. So you´ll mainly find troops and characters like the mentioned 501st Clone Troopers, Anakin, his apprentice (forgot her name), Assai Ventress (the Sith Lady) and of course Obi Wan. Not to mention the well known battledroids which already have been available in the first two parts. :?

The maps will surely be located at those battle-scenes you can see in the series than.

Who cares at all?! :roll:

I was thinking of that, about the game being connected to the animated series. But they are already making the games for the animated series. I really wouldn't want Battlefront based around that...I like using my Stormies in the great battles from the OT.

My Website