Final Battle

dude21

At every network game I played with a friend as Rebels

Luke is captured and brought to the emporer before he was at dagobah :(

and loose the final battle *grrr*

If anyone has an idea to avoid this without keeping Luke save at fucking unimportant place so write

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

Maybe having larger teams, than just Luke himself. With a at least one character as a decoy. That usually keeps him from getting caught in my games, although its been some years, since I've played an unedited game of Rebellion :roll:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5183/animated9pn.gif

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://www.swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif

• 1 month later...
well, if you send him on diplomacy missions he will after his mission(s) are finished successfully go to dagobah so explore a planet near the rebel base and diplomacy it to pieces and luke will go to dagobah, or you could use rebed and set lukes force level to the max.

I find your lack of faith disturbing - Darth Vader-

Wipe them out, all of them - darth Sidious -

It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice - scooter-

If you see the flash, but don't hear the bang, you're dead-Drill Sergeant-

Check my Forum india.messageboard.nl/4095

Most posts are dutch but english is allowed

Dude, this is indeed a problem. Against the computer its ok, because the AI is too stupid to go after Luke. But it sounds like your friend knows what he's doing. Taking Luke out early is a good strategy if you are the imperials.

One thing you can try is to keep him very mobile. Don't use him for missions where he is on one planet for a long period of time, like diplomacy or incite/subdue uprrising. Put him on a fleet with some good troops and a general and use him for sabotage missions until he goes to Dagobath.

Anyone ever had Lei agains Palpy in final battle?

I don't think this is called the 'final battle', but there are special events when Leia confronts Vader or Palpatine. If she realizes she has the force (Luke told her), then she gets pretty good force increases as well.

Leia and Luke have the potential to become the strongest chars in the game.

The outcome of the final battle is determined by Luke's force rating. If he has 100+ (Jedi Knight), he wins and takes Vader and the Emperor.

Luke starts with a force rating of 50; Dagobah adds another 30 or so (student).

The easiest way to push his force rating is to send him alone to heavily guardd planets so his mission gets foiled. If he escapes, his force rating increases. Sending him down from a fleet to a blockaded planet and having a backup team to break him free works best.

The FASTEST way is to let him confront Palpatine (messing with Vader gets him captured most of the time) since (if he gets away), his force rating increases dramatically and he becomes Jedi Master after three or four tries.

Leia's increase is very minor compared to that. :)

And yes, Leia confronting Vader/Palpatine is a special event, but the FINAL BATTLE is only Luke.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the final battle on occurs when Luke is captured at Vader's location and taken to the Emperor by Vader automatically (doesn't always happen, i.e. when Palpatine is en route to somewhere), not when he is captured by someone else and taken to Coruscant manually.

The savest place for Luke is definetely diplomacy in the Outer Rim.

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

• 2 weeks later...
If Luke is captured by any garrison or general my friend bring vader to him and If Vader and Luke are together somewhere they fly to the emperor together

Yup. But sometimes, my Luke confronts Vader, gets captured and is not taken to the Emperor. I think this has something to do with Palpatine being in hyperspace etc. Could also be related to the Emperor being at a non-Coruscant location, though I think the final battle can take place anywhere (I am not so certain about ships in orbit around planets you do not control).

It's all hopeless but otherwise not very dramatic. - Helme Haffax

Englishman: "What do you think of Modern Civilization?"

Mahatma Gandhi: "That would be a good idea."

I always have Palpy at coruscant doing Recruitment and after that he trains Jedis (I changed it with RebEd) but he is still on coruscant :roll: