Sports

CDL_Undertaker

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potentially. In fact, I might be.... right behind you! 8O

Hehe- you told me that some time back. Well, that and I've noticed that people who spend excessive amounts of time on their computers tend to be either A) extremely tall or B) extremely short. You don't spend a specifically large amount of time on your computer, so judging by my observations, that would mean that you are of semi-average height, leaning towards tall or short. I know the relative size of the Stanley Cup, and so I could derive that you are moderately short.

Well, that and you told me that you're 5' 4 some time ago when I bragged about my rather ridiculous 6' 4". :P

Speaking of which- I've finally found a sport that my uncoordinated, gangly self can not only play decently, but play well. I am a freaking master of volleyball! Okay, so maybe not quite a "master" (more like a dilettante), but still. I'm used to being that kid everyone yells at to catch the ball who fails miserably. The highlight of my football career in eighth grade gym was catching the ball, having a clear breakaway to the touchdown zone, and promptly tripping over my own two feet to lose us the game by the least we'd ever lost it by. :roll:

Now, however... now I can use my massiveness to my advantage- I can literally spike serves back, block folks, set the ball from anywhere, and bonk it over the net almost every time. I'm easily the best of the beginners (it helps that most of the beginners are Freshmen girls of the "I'm a whole inch thick at the waist! God, but I'm fat!" variety), and I've finally found a sport I enjoy. Now, then... why the hell does it have to be the one that almost no men play competitively?! Potentially a decent way to meet women, I suppose, but then I'm the overly effeminate, potentially gay guy friend who can only be "like a brother" to them.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

Now that you mention it, I recall that situation. I think it started off by talking about shoe sizes and how my feet shrunk...

Thats kinda how I was in school...not very good at sports. That was until I realized that I made an awesome goalie. So from 10-12th grade, I was usually slapped into the goalie spot when we played soccer or hockey in gym.

On a side note, thats where my nickname "Big Bad Bob" derives from.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

LoL! "Big Bad Bob". :mrgreen:

Your feet shrunk? That´s a weird story. Could be rather a disadvantage I guess because children shoes often are much more expensive that shoes for adults. :?:D

Tofu and Volleyball? LoL! :mrgreen:

But I have to admit that I always sucked in any kind of sport in school. There was indeed not any kind of sport in which I was good or at least acceptable. Well, just nerdlike. :?:oops:

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Yeah. In middle and high school I wore a size 11 1/2 or 12 shoe, and eventually I dropped down to a size 10 1/2, which I have today. I think I must have liked really big shoes when I was younger. Maybe I thought it was cooler. I dont know why I did that. Its just weird.

My Website

I wear size fourteen shoes. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find size fourteen shoes? Whenever someone in my family sees them, they instantly buy them if I'm not there to try them on, because the four or five other people on my island with size fourteen feet will instantly try to swipe them if I don't. It's exasperating!

But yeah- volleyball is my one semi-jock-tastic sport. Everything else, heck no. I suppose if there was an event called "marathon fumbling" or something I could win that, but that's about it. Ironic, because I always wanted to be on that show Guts when I was younger.

12/14/07

lol- nobody younger than sixteen remembers that show anymore! I felt so old when I was talking about it the other day and the young'ins (STFU, Tex) didn't know what I was talking about. I was comparing chromosomes to the Legends of the Hidden Temple Pendants of Life. I was like, "You know how you'd always see the Silver Snakes running in with a Pendant of Life and a half a Pendant of Life? And the half of a Pendant of Life was totally worthless, remember? That's what it's like with X and Y chromosomes. See, an X chromosome is half a Pendant of Avoid Logic. Y Chromosome- it isn't anything. You need two X chromosomes to have a full Pendant of Avoid Logic, so only women get that privilege."

And then only half of the people at the Latin event got it! I was highly disappointed. If SOCL were here he'd probably be talking about how old he feels- he kept saying how old he felt when he realized that I was in Elementary School during 9/11.

12/14/07

• 2 weeks later...

You should. Tampa Bay has a pretty crack team this year. They revamped the team over the summer and acquired a couple of big name key players, and they also have this season's #1 rookie draft pick. They are definitely going to be a force to be reckoned with this season.

They have already beat the Rangers (my team) twice this week in the pre-season, and on Oct. 4th and 5th the two teams are facing each other in Prague. Its pretty intense.

My Website

Uhm, well, to be honest. Yesterday evening Episode 3 was shown for the first time on free-tv over here, which was also the first time that I have watched it in german dub. So I hope that is excuse enough for missing that match. ;):oops:

Final score for the Rangers/Bern game- 8-1.

@Eagle:

As for other German games, I dont think so. The Ottawa Senators are playing the Frolunda Indians (Sweden) on Thursday. The Pittsburg Penguins are playing Jokerit Helsinki (Finland) on Thursday also. The New York Rangers are playing Metallurg Magnitogorsk (I think the European Champs, from Russia) tomorrow. The Tampa Bay Lightning are playing HC Slovan Bratislava (Slovakia) on...actually, they are playing right now.

So yeah, there are no more German games, but maybe you can get one of these other European/NHL games.

My Website

As of right now, the Rangers and Metallurg are tied 3-3. Its been an interesting game.

Edit:

OMG!!!!!!! What an ending!!! The Rangers scored the game winning goal with 20 seconds to spare. The final score: 4-3.

My Website

• 2 weeks later...
Saturday the german national soccer team won 2:1 vs Russia. It was an intense game and both teams fought well. Russia has a talented team which plays a fast soccer style. Our guys always had to be very careful about them. :)

Oh, actually they always had, even in those days of the old UssR, and often were present at world or euro championships. But they never were kinda a really dangerous team. Rather good average. But now theyve got a very good dutch coach, who is very experienced in training international teams and it seems that this was quite an improval for them.