hey im new here so i got a few questions regarding A.I. ...

Jove

i know this should have gone in the newbies part but i really didnt want people to miss it. my question is:

i had rebellion and the cd broke and now i downloaded an iso and i play it normaly. im tired of the game playing the same way over and over and i was wondering what could i do to change the a.i. of the game if theres something i could do to make the game play better, harder, different, whatever. any help will be incredibly apreciated. in case i dont check out this thread anytime soon, if you feel like helping me please send your comments to my email notorious_jay9@hotmail.com. thanks a lot in advance. really. thanks.

First, hello and welcome to the forum! :)

i know this should have gone in the newbies part but i really didnt want people to miss it. my question is:

Than this is the wrong section to post in, though lots of our members simply ignore it. I know that´s strange. A SW board where nobody wants to talk about SW, but that´s it. :mrgreen:

About your question:

You could use the RebEditor, which you´ll find in the downloads-section. With this little nice tool you can edit nearly all and everything concerning the game-settings. But it won´t change the AI, sorry.

If you´d like to have more infos than just chek the "RebEd-Section". There you´ll maybe find what you are looking for.

Who cares at all?! :roll:

While we aren't able to give the AI a decent brain, you can still make the game more challenging for yourself, as Eagle said. RebED has been used to create a number of mods, such as the "Death Star" mod, where the AI will actually produce the ship. (Hopefully). It also includes a mod by JedIgor (or was it Kane?) from some time back designed to make the AI behave more aggressively due to decreased transit times between systems. I think there's a full-out tutorial on making the AI more aggressive in here somewhere buried under old posts...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I know that Tex had a few ideas on how to make the A.I. a little harder by altering the ship attack assignments...check out the forums for some help in editing building times and starting fleets. Adds difficulty, but A.I. ...another issue altogether.
His mishappen head, lidless eyes and twisted, hunched back distanced him even further from what the Masters had wanted. It was obvious from the get-go that Exedore Formo would never be a warrior. But they did need a lawgiver…

hey guys thanks for the replies! bummer that the a.i. sucks. i mean i really hate that the game split ups its fleets and never trully gives me the epic battles that i want because it always spend its time bombarding the planets ramdomly without having any strategic advantage. oh and whats the deal with the popular support??? they bombard, blow up everything and then they leave and people like them? or they can be there for long destroying everything and a second before i get there bam thats when i loose support too?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! but it dont work for me if i try to do it. any how, i would like to know about this editing tools you guys said. where to find them and all that. any help making this game better is greatly apreciated. i play it a lot. anyways. thanks yall.

peace...

Well as far as I´ve discovered, the citizens of a planet will give you support if you are succesfull. So for example if you´ll be attacked in the orbit of a friendly planet by an enemy fleet and you withdraw or even loose that battle, than you will loose popularity in the whole sector. The same is for the opposite. If you win ground- or space-battles, you will gain popularity even on enemy systems.

You can find the RebEd in the Download-Section. You can find it above in the navigation-panel. If you scroll down the Forum overview you will see a whole section which is dedicated to all the editing-stuff. But like just mentioned, you won´t be able to change the A.I. . So the enemy fleets will still split up on ocassion.

Who cares at all?! :roll: