Groups

DarthTofu

What's up with the "Usergroups?" I only recently noticed them under the "forums" tab. Some serve obvious purposes, like the Reloaded team, or the Moderators, but others, such as the New Republic/Galactic Empire clans I don't quite get.

Were the usergroups for an old RP that since ended? What was the benefit to having them beyond saying "I'm in this group and you aren't, nanana na na"?

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• SWR Staff - Executive
Yes those were factions for our roleplaying. As the roleplaying as died off, I guess no one has really used them. I would like to see more free roleplaying here if anyone is interested in playing

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I still have no clue about all that roleplaying. So what´s it all about? Somebody starts writing a small story while others answer it with their own small story? Are there any rules?

I mean, do you need to put up a character to start with? And how do you set it up?

Who cares at all?! :roll:

• SWR Staff - Executive

Here there are no rules. We put the ranking system in place to give people something to start with, and we choose Empire vs New Republic for some reason as a setting. Doesn't mean you have to play that way.

If you're looking for more structured roleplaying (character creation, rules, set factions), check out the site I run: Star Wars Community - In-Character

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I would join you just for the reason to fill some empty ranks and to bring back an old tradition of that board back to life. But I´m not interested in any stories about the New Republic yet, sorry. Would be more interesting for me if it´s about the rise of the Empire or in that time of the Galactic Rebellion.

Er, I don't know if you're aware, Eagle, but you can start up a new RP if you want to. All you need to do is start up a topic in the RP section saying what the RP will focus on, how it will work with regards to structure, and then see who wants to join. Regardless of my knowledge on a matter, I'll likely join it just because I enjoy this style of RP. Krytos is usually in on 'em, too. I don't know about others, but there's a good chance you'll pick up some.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

That´s cool, Tofu. Maybe I will join someday. But I was talking about that specific Group you´ve asked about. ;) If it should have come to live again and there were some members missing, I would have joined in to fill out a missing rank. That´s it.