fastest imperial ship?

Verdex

ok, I probably could look this up in the manual - but this is probably much faster:

I'd like to transport some of my main imperial characters as fast as possible through the galaxy (or within systems) - especially at the beginning of the game. Which ship should I choose for that task?

Asteroids do not concern me...

Carrack Cruiser and Victory Destroyer remain the fastest starting Imperial ships with a hyperdrive of 60:60. Carrack is faster to build and replace.

Fastest ship *period* in Rebellion is the Assault Transport with 50:50. Again, as previously stated requires a lot of research and resources.

Thank you, guys! :)

Another question (I don't want to open another thread just for that one): What do you use Palpatine for?

I mean - I let him do all the recruiting and then let him sit on Coruscant to have the 'Seat of Power'-bonus. But I am starting to rethink that tactic. What would you suggest Palpi could do other than that?

Asteroids do not concern me...

You could use him to do diplomacy in Seswenna sector. If all planets are under your control, you can place back on Coruscant, to give that 50% leadership bonus.

But after my opinion, is better to have him all time in Coruscant.

Why ?

You go and attack a planet with 3 troops. Lets tell, that u have an ISD -3 troops, and 2 Galleon with 2x2 troops, total 7 troops.

You arrive at the planet. You create a new fleet with the ISD. Attack the planet with the ISD 3 troops, the result is uprising. You put - lets tell three characters with high leadership rating to subdue uprising.

You will notice, that the needed troop number is 12.

Your 3 man subdue that to 2,3 or 4 required troop number.

You subdue the uprising, popular suppor grow a little.

Lets tell, that the uprising will stop with 3 troops. Now you put back 1 troop to ISD, a new uprising begin, needed troops 6.

Put again that 3 man to subdue. They subdue to 2 needed troops.

You subdue the uprising, popular suppor grow a little.

Now you put again 1 troop to the ISD. A new uprising, needed troops 4.

Now you have 1 troop in the planet, and 6 on the ships. Put your 3 man to subdue. Place that 6 troops near the 1 troop in the planet.

The need is 4, but u have 7 troops, the uprising is over.

You subdue the uprising, popular support now maybe is balanced to your side, needed garrison troops : 0.

3 events, 3 successfull subdue mission - (+3) leadership to your mans, maybe the time needed is : 4-7 days x 3 events = max 21 days, and the popular support bar is nearly full.

In 21 days u cannot do with a diplomat :) only with 3 leader :)

I agree with leaving Palpi in Coruscant Sector. His bonus is just too much of an advantage to let go of. Antonius is exactly right about those bonuses, just amazing. I have never run it three times in a row though. That is a pretty neat trick. I will be trying that shortly.
His mishappen head, lidless eyes and twisted, hunched back distanced him even further from what the Masters had wanted. It was obvious from the get-go that Exedore Formo would never be a warrior. But they did need a lawgiver…