Happy Thanksgiving!

I just wanted to wish all my fellow Canadians a happy Thanksgiving! Try not to gorge (too much).

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

Happy Thanksgiving, eh? to all you neighborly Canadians, eh?

What's for dinner tonight, eh?

:D

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

@Thrawn:

You know the "IT-Crowd"?! Isn't that hilarious stuff :)

I've heard there's a secons season out - can you confirm that?

Yup. the second season just wrapped up last Friday (September 29) and the episodes were available for purchase on the following Monday. Since BBC4 isn't available here I've been downloading thim. :? (I have since ordered both seasons on DVD, along with the unGodly shipping costs, from the UK).

Some other good news is that there will soon be an American version of the show on NBC, much in the way The Office was ported over here. I can only hope they don't ruin it. They were lucky enough to get Richard Ayoade to reprise his role of Moss for it as well! Those who haven't watched the show should definitely look into it.

A bit back on topic: much turkey was eaten, stuffing stuffed, and cranberries enjoyed. Today I'm enjoying my holiday Monday.

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up with it will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all.

I think they eat moose for Thanksgiving... :roll:

So the canadians have a different tradition in celebrating thanksgiving?

BTW I have no idea of what Verdex and GAT are talking about. http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/konfus/n010.gif

Who cares at all?! :roll:

@Eagle:

the "IT-Crowd" is a British sitcom I had the chance to see a while ago. It's about, well, the two IT-guys of (I think) a big insurance company. They are placed in the basement - and almost forgotten there.

My two favorite gags are:

1) Whenever the phone rings, one of the guys answers it with the line "IT here - have you tried turning it off and on again?" - and mostly that's all :)

2) When a fire breaks out in their office, one of the guys handles that with writing an e-mail to the fire-department...!

Great stuff and as GAT rightly said: Go, watch it! :)

Asteroids do not concern me...

Well, since Pro7 had one of my other favorites, "Coupling" (watch it, even though it failed in the US), the Crowd might turn up there. I'd love to see it again.

Thinking about it, it's a little strange, so it might go right to the Comedy Central Channel...

Asteroids do not concern me...

... I was thankfull that she didnt start talking about the war again

But Def, they are "the greatest generation" because of the war (at least that's what most Americans think). Never have so many young (at the time) people took on such a great responsibility to right a wrong, on a global scale. Their self sacrifice was phenomenal! (if only I was younger at the time)

Now, go apologize to your grandmother and ask her what she and her family did during "the war", and just sit and listen. That's your penance :P

Oh, and what did you have for dinner and dessert?

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Actually we didnt bother with Turkey this year.

Now, go apologize to your grandmother and ask her what she and her family did during "the war", and just sit and listen. That's your penance. :P

Arg, but I've already heard about a million times now how the Germans came and took her brothers off to work in the factories and such. And her mother being arrested for hiding Jews and being held up at gunpoint when the germans came near the end of the war to take their horses but her Uncle had moved them all... :?

She just went through the whole thing again 2 weeks ago from start to finish.

I- dang, Def. Your grandmother has a good story to tell, mate! Well, "good" in the sense that it has some serious meat to it, and that's one amazing-sounding story! My Grandfather never saw action, so he just tells us the same story over and over about how during pilot training the air force wanted an army guy in the plane with them in case the army guys practicing their shooting (They were supposed to aim for a white sheet behind the plane) got frustrated and wanted to shoot the plane, they wouldn't.

He never saw action- all he has is a scar from mustard gas briefly pressed against his arm during boot camp.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

My uncle and grandfather (his brother) joined the army in their late teens, during WWII, but he never left the country. He was stationed in one of the camps down south, and did basic radio repair. But he had some crazy stories that reminded me of Beatle Baily. Apparently, he would walk about a mile on a 10 mile hike, and then fake to pass out so they would carry him back in a stretcher. He didn't mind getting KP for that.

He also used to go into town and buy candybars, and then resell them at an inflated price to the rest of the soldiers. He also brought the menu from his favorite diner in town and showed everyone what there was to eat in his hometown.

My grandfather died when I was only 2 or 3, so I never got to know him. But he never left the country either. Apparently he was such a good baseball fielder that he joined some sort of traveling army baseball team that toured the different bases in the U.S. and played baseball games.

All in all, I love all WWII stories. Like Tex said, it was a great time for this country, when the soldiers volunteered for the greatest cause our civilization has ever faced. I wish I had family members who could regal me with tales from Europe during those times...

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png