Past or Future?

Guest Scathane

Which time would you like to see more new products (movies, games, novels, etc.) from?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which time would you like to see more new products (movies, games, novels, etc.) from?

• 1. Ancient times: I'm all for the days when Korriban was still inhabited.
    • 2. Past: I just love seeing Yoda in a lightsaber duel!
    • 3. Present: I'd rather live in a universe where Vader's suit is considered fashionable.
    • 4. Future: I'd rather walk the halls of the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin 4.

Guest Scathane
These are the biggest questions in our short lifes...

:?: Why are we here?

:?: Is there a life after death?

:?: Why did Vader stop Boba Fett from shooting Chewbacca?

:D

You forgot Where shall we have lunch?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scathane

Nope. This is where it came from:

The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through three distinctive and recognizable phases, those of Survival, Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why and Where phases. For instance, the first phase is characterized by the question How can we eat? The second question Why do we eat? and the third question Where shall we have lunch?

from: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams

Edited by Scathane

Damn I really need to read that book, but if i buy it know it will collect dust in my pile of books I-definetely-have-to-read, which are opposed by the pile of books that I-need-to-read-for-school-or-i-will-fail....

After October when I'm at last free of school I'll take my time and read.... and read... and only read....

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Nope. This is where it came from:

The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through three distinctive and recognizable phases, those of Survival, Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why and Where phases. For instance, the first phase is characterized by the question How can we eat? he second questionWhy do we eat? and the third question Where shall we have lunch?

from: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams

8) Cool dude!

You quote from the about one of the best books ever written.... :wink:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Damn I really need to read that book, but if i buy it know it will collect dust in my pile of books I-definetely-have-to-read, which are opposed by the pile of books that I-need-to-read-for-school-or-i-will-fail....
Wow, that sounds awefully familiar! Luckily . . .
After October when I'm at last free of school
I get out Friday. :D8):lol:8)

I'll take my time and read.... and read... and only read....
Sounds like the extent of my life. . . .

I'm going to have to buy that book!

Guest Scathane

You guys do that... See which issue you can find. At first there were only four volumes, called The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - A Trilogy in Four Parts. In my humble opinion, that's about enough. He later wrote a fifth volume (so it became A Trilogy in Five Parts) but in my humble opinion it was more of the same...

Whichever you buy, try to get all the volumes in one publication: it's better to have one book than four or five...

Guest Scathane
Whats the bock about?
Well obviously about Hitchhiking the Galaxy... I must say that I find that you're asking for the complete obvious for someone who thinks that Star Trek is more intelligent than Star Wars... :twisted:

:idea: Perhaps it was released in Hungary too (I wonder, what title the translation has). Is it an old release?
The novels were originally publisghed as follows:

The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy - 1979
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe - 1980
    Life, the Universe and Everything - 1982
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish - 1984

The four above were published as The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy: A Trilogy in Four Parts for the first time in 1986.

Whats the bock about?
Well obviously about Hitchhiking the Galaxy... I must say that I find that you're asking for the complete obvious for someone who thinks that Star Trek is more intelligent than Star Wars... :twisted:

incredible info hitchhiking the galaxy, somebody stands at the border of the milky way and is hitchhiking or wtf (plot,main actor...)

Whats the bock about?

Wow Scath, that was really harsh, I like it :twisted:

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying

Yeah, kiddies go on and play with ur PC and dream on to be a superstar in the SW Universe. Now I can see what this trashy space sope operas can do to "normal" people. Come on "u cannot compare ST and SW cos SW is more fantasy with knights and princess..." get ur feet back unto earth and recognize that its all bullshit and a waste of time when u watch it. When u grow up u will recognize that.

That was very hard , but realistic :!:

Star Wars universe is not made to be an counterpart to Star Trek.

Its easy to understand and the evil is clear defined (Empire)

and Star Trek is much more complexer. BUT thats not the point! We like Star Wars, BECAUSE it is so easy to hook in. :D

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

:!: Dude22, you really won't have too much friends here, if you'll continue with your egoistic comments.

:!: And please try to avoid offensive and disgusting words like bull**t, *ss, gay..

People could think that you are incredibly arrogant, unintelligent and childish.. Of course we all know you're not. :roll: :roll: :roll: A real ST fan is a sophisticated, enlightened, fine gentleman... (like you)...

Yeah, kiddies go on and play with ur PC and dream on to be a superstar in the SW Universe. Now I can see what this trashy space sope operas can do to "normal" people. Come on "u cannot compare ST and SW cos SW is more fantasy with knights and princess..." get ur feet back unto earth and recognize that its all bullshit and a waste of time when u watch it. When u grow up u will recognize that.
All right, dude22, you have got some serious problems. You joined a STAR WARS site, thus, you should have known what to expect. You don't like us or the matters here, then why do you stay? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be happy to see you either tone it down . . . or leave.

Kindly and simply put: CHILL!

Dude22, you really won't have too much friends here, if you'll continue with your egoistic comments.

And please try to avoid offensive and disgusting words like bull**t, *ss, gay..

People could think that you are incredibly arrogant, unintelligent and childish.. Of course we all know you're not. A real ST fan is a sophisticated, enlightened, fine gentleman... (like you)...

VERY well put, LaForge.

Well thank you my dear AT-ST!
I believe he [dude21] is an AT-AT. :wink::lol:

Well thank you my dear AT-ST!
I believe he [dude21] is an AT-AT. :wink::lol:

I'm glad someone else said it so that I didn't have to. :wink::lol:

Lost a planet Master Obi-Wan has, how embarrassing. - Yoda

Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body, and even then you can make a mistake. - Bene Gesserit saying