Past or Future?

Guest Scathane

Which time would you like to see more new products (movies, games, novels, etc.) from?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which time would you like to see more new products (movies, games, novels, etc.) from?

• 1. Ancient times: I'm all for the days when Korriban was still inhabited.
    • 2. Past: I just love seeing Yoda in a lightsaber duel!
    • 3. Present: I'd rather live in a universe where Vader's suit is considered fashionable.
    • 4. Future: I'd rather walk the halls of the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin 4.

Guest Scathane

I was just wondering where most of the fans were... I know we're just a small group with regard to the expanded universe of Star Wars fans in general, but we might just be a respresentative small part.

And, YES, i know the designations ancient times, past, present and future are totally arbritray. So what?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trapped between Past and Future

On the one hand I like the idea with the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin 4

and on the other hand I do like the idea with 10000's of Jedi in up to the days before the Empire

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

Guest Scathane
I must say that I'm very interested in the mysteries of the ancient times. Nevertheless, I voted for the Jedi Praxeum. I guess it's the academy thing that does it for me. Edited by Scathane

So Scathane was one of Skywalker twelve first pupils....

I instead was Vader's fashion advisor, i work closely with Jahled, the Empero'r's manicurist.

Congrats on your promotion, Scathane.

http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
So Scathane was one of Skywalker twelve first pupils....
Sigh! No, I was not one of Skywalker's first twelve students... If read meticulously, the more clearminded among us will notice that with regard to the poll question:

1. We're talking about products that are yet to come out, if they come out at all, not about status quo regarding persons be they fictitious or real.
    2. Would is the operative conjugation of the verb to be here, not is.

I understand, however, that you, Trejiuvanat, are not among the clearminded. maybe you should ask the Yuuzhan Vong for a new brain implant. :twisted:

I instead was Vader's fashion advisor, i work closely with Jahled, the Empero'r's manicurist.
considering the absence of clearmindedness in you, Trejiuvanat, or even, I suspect, any mind at all, I am not surprised that you do peoples nails. :twisted:

Congrats on your promotion, Scathane.
Why, thank you, Trejiuvanat! That's most kind of you, dear friend! :)

But you'd certainly would have liked to be among that twelve. BTW, I already have a mini-yammosk brain implant, apparently it's not working. :roll:

I'm not the manicurist, that's Jahled.

You're welcome, Colonel Scathane. :D

Guest Scathane
I'm not the manicurist, that's Jahled.
Maybe I should have my brain checked as well: maybe somewhere in the region where short-term memory is stored... :oops:

yammosk are used in cap ships, for controlling the elemts of a task force a mini yammosk only works for controlling limbs, and think...a bit...

dhyurams are miniature version of the ones for controling an entire world. It endures a selection process that guarantees excellent speed -of-light thought process, but you have to accept the gamorrean nurse to take care of it.ç

Your pick?

Guest Scathane
yammosk are used in cap ships, for controlling the elemts of a task force a mini yammosk only works for controlling limbs, and think...a bit...

dhyurams are miniature version of the ones for controling an entire world. It endures a selection process that guarantees excellent speed -of-light thought process, but you have to accept the gamorrean nurse to take care of it.ç

Your pick?

And who would control these devices? Or, to put it another way, who would control me?

I'm rather stuck between Present and Future. I don't really like the whole Jedi/Force thing, but more the story of the Empire vs. Rebellion/New Republic. I want to see more Empire stuff, though, because there's way too much Jedi/Rebel stuff out there. Even so, I would be very intrigued with discovering and exploring the mysteries of the ancient times (especially the earliest times of the galaxy, like the first races, how different creatures evolved, and so forth).

Well, for example, there are very few pro-Imperial games out there. They include: TIE Fighter and the ones that let you choose sides, like Rebellion and Galactic Battlegrounds, whereas you have dozens of pro-Jedi/Rebel games out there. These include: X-Wing, Dark Forces, Rebel Assault, Rebel Assault II, etc. I just wish there was more pro-Imperial stuff out on the market, but my statistics may be wrong.

Guest Scathane
Okay, I can agree with you on that, although I believe that Force Commander has an Empire Side as well. But, hey, what do you expect: the Empire is depicted as purely evil, so there's less merchandise around that. That's how it goes...

why does anyone want a Empire game?? through it could be nice if there was some kind Jedi Knight game for the Imperial side 8)

Jedi Corran Duchai at your service.

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; there is serenity.

There is no death; there is the Force.

The games I listed were, most certainly, not a complete list of all the games out there catagorized into Empire and Rebel/Republic/Jedi, simply a quick list.

Well, the image of pure evil is what Emperor Palpatine and Lord Darth Vader gave it with their manipulation of the Force into whatever dark and evil powers they created and used to impose their power. What I mean is a pure Empire sort of game, such as TIE Fighter where one does not involve him or herself with the Force and the Jedi, but instead the fight between the Empire and the Rebels. See what I mean?

But like you said, Scathane, that's how it goes. Just like how most of history: it's written from the point of view of the winner.

An XWA or JK imperial version would be nice. TIE was a hit because it told a story from the imperial side. An upgraded Flightsimulation or a shoot'em up from that perspective would be welcome, instead of more prequel stuff.

An XWA or JK imperial version would be nice. TIE was a hit because it told a story from the imperial side. An upgraded Flightsimulation or a shoot'em up from that perspective would be welcome, instead of more prequel stuff.

I agree. We've got a flight simulator from the Imperial perspective, what about a first-person shooter from the perspective of a Stormtrooper?

Guest Scathane

I agree. We've got a flight simulator from the Imperial perspective, what about a first-person shooter from the perspective of a Stormtrooper?

I don't. I would be nice to see both sides of the spectrum paid attention to.

I didn't mean to imply that both's side perspective should be forgotten, but what I mean is that I believe there should be an equal amount of pro-Empire and pro-Rebel/Jedi/Republic games out there, that way we get both perspectives. If not, more games like Rebellion and Galactic Battlegrounds, which allow you to choose.

Now, what you suggest, Trej, would be very interesting indeed.