Who else is seriously hating Del Ray right now?

DarthTofu

So I'm reading Legacy of the Force series, now, and I'm enjoying it, because I really like Aalston, am enjoyed what I read from Traviss, and am more capable of tolerating Dennings, now. I finished Exile a while back, and now I want to read the next book, Sacrifice, which is dreadfully important to the overall plot. One problem. It's in hardback, and I'm getting the books as they come out.

I figure, "No problem- I can wait a few months to get the paperback version for far less." Problem. Del Ray isn't releasing Sacrifice in paperback until May of 2008. Those money-grubbing bastards are trying to rake in the cash by not making it available except in hardback while they release the rest of the series. Argh!

On the up side, the library has a copy of Sacrifice. Securing it will be something of a bitch since there are apparently lots of other fans on the island (Betrayal is still on the New Book shelf, and was all alone when I saw it.) and they're all reading Legacy of the Force, now.

... Friggin' Del Ray...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

• SWR Staff - Executive
Yea sadly I couldn't wait a year for the paperback either. I ended up buying Sacrifice with a 20% discount... still more than any paperback price.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

Wow... Apparently I'm a serious cheapskate, 'cause I'm just getting the damned thing from the library and then buying it in a year...

12/14/07

For a hardback? Not my Barnes and Noble. The least they'll lower the price to is probably around twenty bucks, maybe so far as sixteen. That's still twice as much as the paperback version, and the hardback doesn't include Boba Fett: A Practical Man which I'd been wanting to read, anyway. Paperback is just a better deal...

12/14/07

That book will be in the discount bin before then. Just wait and B&N will have it for $5.99 in six months.
HA! I seriously doubt that! Having worked in many bookstores, I can tell you that hardcovers from retail bookstores do not come down! Additionally, novels like Heir to the Empire which when released were only $5.99 or so do not go up when comparable novels today are at $7 or $8.

@Tofu: I might be able to help you with a copy of Boba Fett: A Pratical Man... PM or Facebook me and we'll talk.