BETA TESTERS member list

Lord_La_forge

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it out yet, Is it out yet, Is it out yet? ?! July 4, 2007 GMT is here! :P

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

Is it out yet, Is it out yet, Is it out yet? ?! July 4, 2007 GMT is here! :P

OH MY ZEUS! ITS ALMOST JULY 4TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O

"The Chimaera is at your command, Admiral."

—Captain Gilad Pellaeon

Ill be happy to assist in making Rebellion "return" to its "former glory" ....muhuhuhuhaaaaa cough cough (mad scientist)
Ideas are useless if not used!

Alright, one again: We need a MODERATOR for beta testing. I hope all of you could install the beta without any problem. :)

So please, somebody take the lead.

(Jahled, Mask are busy with RL, I'm only the art director, and don't really know much about the stats)

I don't mind moderating the testing but I think it be better to have a sub-forum for bug/tweaking discussions and this forum for general discussion of reloaded.

I did report a minor problem in the thread posted above this one and not sure if it is reproducible error but occurs with the setup.exe when installing on a machine with VMware Server installed.

Second glitch I found so far is when playing in windowed mode "-w" argument, I haven't tried fullscreen yet, when I get to tactical combat mode and click the take command button. I get the following error: "The pixel format was invalid as specified." I can click "OK" on the message as it appears twice and the tactical mode completes loading and is playable.

"In the future it will become easier for old negatives to become lost and be 'replaced' by new altered negatives. This would be a great loss to our society. Our cultural history must not be allowed to be rewritten." - George Lucas, 1988. [u.S. Congressional hearing testimony on film preservation.]

My old Rebellion site (very web 1.0) - Bud's Korner and Rebellion Strategy

I don't mind moderating the testing but I think it be better to have a sub-forum for bug/tweaking discussions and this forum for general discussion of reloaded.

I did report a minor problem in the thread posted above this one and not sure if it is reproducible error but occurs with the setup.exe when installing on a machine with VMware Server installed.

Second glitch I found so far is when playing in windowed mode "-w" argument, I haven't tried fullscreen yet, when I get to tactical combat mode and click the take command button. I get the following error: "The pixel format was invalid as specified." I can click "OK" on the message as it appears twice and the tactical mode completes loading and is playable.

Yes I had that error message too, but I think it's common, and not caused by the TC.

Feel free to open new topics here for testing. Should be enough to handle it I think. I can't create new subforums, if you insist, you need to ask Big E.

There shouldn´t be the need for another sub-forum. Isn´t that just the sub-forum for Rebellion Reloaded, bud?! ;)

Eagle spreads his large wings and flys away to install Reloaded on his PC.

Who cares at all?! :roll:

Second glitch I found so far is when playing in windowed mode "-w" argument, I haven't tried fullscreen yet, when I get to tactical combat mode and click the take command button. I get the following error: "The pixel format was invalid as specified."

This appears to be a bug that occurs due to the windowed mode, and as LLF pointed out, has nothing to do with Reloaded.

I've encountered this with a fresh install of Rebellion - just because it's in Windowed mode.

Feel free to open new topics here for testing. Should be enough to handle it I think. I can't create new subforums, if you insist, you need to ask Big E.

I think that'll be a good idea too, that way it's easier to keep an eye on what is an acutal bug - and we might get some members writing out rather long write ups (I wouldn't mind reading something Def, Tex or BS style regaurding their game play)

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

Thanks for the link!

Well it seems I can't install unfortunately. When I try to open the .reb file from the cards directory, it says it's not a valid RebEd card file. :(

Edit: Nevermind, I got it to work. For those that don't have experience with RebEd, you must load the .reb file from the cards folder using the RebEd interface by clicking on "Load Settings" and pointing it to the rr_beta/cards directory.

Also, I noticed that as the rebels, I can build Carracks and Star Destroyers. Is that by design for the beta?

Also, I noticed that as the rebels, I can build Carracks and Star Destroyers. Is that by design for the beta?

Many ships are available to both sides! That is one part we need to test. Ships like the Star Destroyer or the Neb. class frigate and the Carrack too.

This could unbalance the game in some way, though it could also get it more even. We'll se about this after a few rounds.

Firstly let me say "I love the effort and work that the reloaded team have done." :D:D:D:D

I know this is a beta so here come a some observations for tweaks.

I don't know if this is how it is intended, or some glitch in my install but no doubt someone will let me know.

The sector names have changed OK.

The planet names are still in their original state so instead of starting points being Coruscant for the NR and Wayland for Imperials they are still listed as Yavin and Coruscant.

The planetary icons for them however have changed.

This must be a glitch with the installer and the TEXTSTRA.dll file.

Also, changing "Admiral Thrawn" to "Grand Admiral Thrawn" in TEXTSTRA.dll (2377,1033,38017) may be a nice touch.

The new logo movie for the intro works fine and the "in game" audio does have all the reloaded team voices in.

Some are a little quiet though. Maybe the volume can be increased in later beta releases.

The animation for the Mon Calamari Guide works really well, although Threepio pops up from time to time.

Just a thought on the intro NR movie. As the rebels are in possession of Coruscant at the start of the game, why not (for the next beta) copy MDATA.103 (the invasion of Coruscant) into that slot. It sort of fits.

The picture that pops up when a fleet battle is about to commence does make seeing the ships you have at your disposal for the battle a little difficult to see. This may be better in greyscale.

A game playing issue with the accurate locations of Coruscant and Wayland is that they are relatively close together.

When playing the Imperials, with C'Boath recruiting on Wayland without any other characters in the vacinity early in the game he has been abducted twice from Coruscant, I assume by Han and/or Luke. This may lead a few boring games.

Just to reiterate. I love reloaded :!::!::!:

It has given new life to the game and I look forward to further beta releases before the FULL release. :D:D:D

Howdy all, and thanks for the beta, nice touch on many things.

Only issue I seem to have is my MC -80 cruisers sometimes dont seem to move, and whatever the SSD is (if it's realy that) doesnt seem to attack either, any thoughts?

thanks again!!!