Star Wars Holiday Special

SOCL

Star Wars Holiday Special cartoon

It includes the first ever appearance of Boba Fett in all of Star Wars-dom. Do a general search of YouTube for the rest of the Holiday Special. I find this of interest since the special only aired once and has never been made available to the general public in any other form but that single airing.

Enjoy! :)

I find it quite interesting as well. Perhaps this is something that Lucas just wishes would die out and forgotten?.. but then again.. we all know he could care less about continuity and integrity of the story.. he just cares about cold hard cash...

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/akira9949/4297_image.jpg

.. he just cares about cold hard cash...

:? ... George "Ebeneezer" Lucas? It does have a "ringle jingle" sound (ref. the Mr. Magoo Christmas) to it :P

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Ahhh...the Holiday Special.I have heard of it, and have awaited its release on DVD (which never happened). I don't understand it.They released the Droids and Ewoks TV series on DVD, so why not this as well? Sure it's weird and strange, but it's still a part of the Star Wars culture.

Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

My Website

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/BigBadBob113.png

According to what I've read, no one on the staff is at all proud of having made it. Harrison Ford refused to answer questions when interviewed about last February, Carrie Fisher claims she never did a Star Wars holiday show (she probably doesn't remember it because she was high the whole time), and George Lucas really, really, really hates it. Of interest, though, the new Timothy Zahn novel Allegiance is set immediately before the Holiday Special to tie in with it; that, combined with Rick McCallum's comment that he wants to see a lot of the less-known SW material released for the 30th Anniversary (that is, this year), there is speculation about the community that the Holiday Special may in fact be released in the future, perhaps sometime this year...

We shall see, I suppose. We can only hope (and dread).

Hey everybody, first-time poster, long-time reader and visitor here.

I saw the Holiday Special live on TV when I was a kid (I had to keep sneaking out of the bedroom to watch, since the parents wouldn't let me stay up that late!). Of course, when I was 8 or 9 I thought it was cool to see Stormtroopers on TV (in the days before TV rebroadcasts or my family getting a VCR...).

I found a copy at a card show several years back that someone had recorded, so I have the whole thing on tape. I must say, the best parts of the show were 1) the Boba Fett cartoon, and 2) the advertisement for action figures and playsets. The Harvey Korman "Julia Child" impersonation is amusing, and Art Carney does some nice work. Otherwise, the only redeeming value is to give you the names of Chewbacca's family (reprised in the Black Fleet Crisis books and elsewhere). Trust me everybody, you're not missing much!

That being said, my copy is NOT for sale!

I love playing Rebellion, and can't wait for the Reloaded TC. Keep going guys!

Welcome to the forums, OldFan! :)

Your name makes me think that you and DarthTex are going to get along quite nicely. :roll: Be sure to make a stop by the New Members thread and introduce yourself, though nothing beats the first post in an open thread.

I, too, tried watching the rest of the Holiday Special, but settled on just the cartoon. The rest made me a little nauseous and I can't say I would be motivated to buy it if it ever came out in DVD.

Old man that I am I saw the whole thing when it aired. I liked the fact that it had the Empire ruling the Wookie home planet (even then I was a staunch Imperial guys lol). Seeing Vader again told me he did get away as seen at the movies. I was young so I enjoyed it. I wouldn't pay to see it again though.-Grand Moff Conway