Informants Provide Information

Guest Scathane

Guest Scathane

Well, at least that's what the game said they did. The scenario is as follows:

I'm playing the Alliance and have two teams on Incite Uprising on an Empire controlled planet (no garrison, no Empire missions or characters, no shield's or defenses). Loyalty is, say, 80/20 in favor of the Empire. The missions keep reporting no progress BUT I do get a repeating Informants Provide Information on the same planet as well. However, when checking the planet, there is no change whatsoever (still no garrison, no Empire missions or characters, no shield's or defenses).

So, what's up?

Whenever you get such a message while you have a incite uprising mission it means that support for you in that system has gained. Even if there is nothing to report. If you were say, 80-20 Imps suppport, then you get a informants provide infor message you'll be 76-24...
http://www.swrebellion.com/~jahled/Trej/banner.gif

Guest Scathane
Yeah, that's what I thought as well, but how come, then, that both my Incite Uprising missions report no progress?

Incite uprising missions are painfully slow....and I mean ram a fork in your eye kind of painfully slow...if your target system is about 80/20 in favour of the Empire, it's going to take a long time!

Incite uprising missions are a patient type of thing, check out the effect on popular support on neighboring systems in the said sector...it's a larger, long scale thing...

All said, this type of mission is more subtle than it seems, and quite frankly requires patience and practice to get it right. You have to figure the balance out for your self!

Bare something in mind, fellow dudes; all that double leadership stuff the Emperor being on his throne on Coruscant gives Imperial characters ain't just for maneuvering the Empire's glorious, but seriously huge Star Destroyers! The prime attribute used for Incite Uprising missions is leadership!!!

Figure this: Maintenance low, situation slightly risky; blockading an enemy system with planetary defenses you just might not want to destroy? Ok, sabotage all system garrisons, and incite with characters! You'll find the system will reasonably quickly declare neutrality, so you get in there with you diplomatic dudes, and WOO! Look at the systems around it!!! Al this and your precious characters will very slowly actually grow in leadership.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

Guest Scathane
You'll find the system will reasonably quickly declare neutrality, so you get in there with you diplomatic dudes, and WOO! Look at the systems around it!!! Al this and your precious characters will very slowly actually grow in leadership.

Right you are: the planet I was talking about didn't have ANY garrison, I was blockading it and I had TWO teams working on incite uprising. So why did it go so slow. Just because I was Alliance???

If you use chars instead of Sepc FOrces you'll have faster progress. Planets wihtout garrisons don't go into uprising, they simply become neutral, Imperial chars have a easier time in incite missions, becasue of the leadership bonus.

BE patient, they take about 70 days to make out of a 10/90 planet a 45/55 planet.

Guest Scathane
My teams consisted of characters instead of special forces. By the way, the planet never went neutral: it went from supporting the Empire to Alliance.

If you start a incite uprising on a planet with 80/20 in favor of the Imps and you're Reb, then the planet should go neutral unless there have been other support-influencing factor in the sector.... Your copy of Rebellion is weird. First that blockade battle and now this.

I imagine that your copy coudl have been altered by Zoot to confuse you, so that you confuse use. And when we are all confused that cat will strike mercilessly.

Trejiuvanat paranoiacally checks that his anti-cat traps are ready.

Guest Scathane
I imagine that your copy coudl have been altered by Zoot to confuse you, so that you confuse use. And when we are all confused that cat will strike mercilessly.

Trejiuvanat paranoiacally checks that his anti-cat traps are ready.

JAHLED!!! What did that evil feline of you do this time! Is my rebellion copy Zooted?!

• 2 months later...
My teams consisted of characters instead of special forces. By the way, the planet never went neutral: it went from supporting the Empire to Alliance.

and where is the problem?!? better so, u dont need a diplomat there!

"I am growing stronger with the Force"

You'll find the system will reasonably quickly declare neutrality, so you get in there with you diplomatic dudes, and WOO! Look at the systems around it!!! Al this and your precious characters will very slowly actually grow in leadership.

Right you are: the planet I was talking about didn't have ANY garrison, I was blockading it and I had TWO teams working on incite uprising. So why did it go so slow. Just because I was Alliance???

This is one of the tougher missions, but a good one to do if you have idle chars with nothing to do. I assume they had good leadership skills? The other thing is the state of the rest of the sector. Where the other 9 planets with the imps?