What should have been added to the Prequel trilogy?

Sinister

Personally, I would have liked to have seen...

- An explanation as to why the cave on Dagobah was strong with the Darkside of the Force.

- I believe it was originally planned for the character we now know as Padme to have survived after giving birth to the twins. She was supposed to have been disguised as one of Bail Organa's servants so she could secretly raise Leia as her own. Bail Organa and his wife would claim the child was theirs. This would better explain why Leia has a memory of her mother and Luke does not. Then about 3 to 4 years later, Padme would pass away. How they would show the time lapse, I'm not sure.

- A suited Darth Vader getting some screen time dueling with a lightsaber.

- Jar Jar Binks dying.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

Sinister wrote:

- An explanation as to why the cave on Dagobah was strong with the Darkside of the Force.

I believe there was an explanation presented in the Thrawn Duology books. Yoda (prior to RotS) but definitely after (TPM) tracked and killed a Dark Jedi in the cave. His return to Dagobah was because the Dark Side after-effect would "mask" his Force essence to any looking for him (Vader, Jedi hunters, etc).

Maybe seeing Padme live a little bit longer would help explain things from the prior movies, but it definitely isn't necessary.

RotS ended perfectly fine. Any other ending would have been a dud. There wasn't enough time to develop a plot and such for Vader to track down missing Jedi and fight them. GL surely would have boggled that. The creation and rise of Lord Vader was the climatic finale.

I'll have to think about what should have been added to the movies to improve them.

EDIT: Thanks Tofu! Back, back you BEAKers (*** cracks the whip a couple of times ***)

Edited by DarthTex
Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

We did see most of the Jedi die- the clones nailed 'em... And just to annoy Tex, it was the Thrawn trilogy rather than the duology in which we hear about the dark side cave... honestly :lol::wink:

Jar Jar getting nailed with a blaster bolt would have been nice... Hell, having Naboo as a test fire for an early super-weapon would have been great, even if it wouldn't work...

I would have liked a less-stupid Anakin (They're like animals!), a less special Anakin (Not even master Yoda has a midi chlorine count that high!) and a complete lack of the damned midi chlorines...

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

RofS ended perfectly fine. Any other ending would have been a dud. There wasn't enough time to develop a plot and such for Vader to track down missing Jedi and fight them. GL surely would have boggled that. The creation and rise of Lord Vader was the climatic finale.

That's true. I've heard it said that Vader will make a cameo apperance or two in the t.v. series, so maybe he will hack up some Jedi there.

http://www.geocities.com/xenogears23/Jokersinsigmgs.jpg

"Life is hard. After all, it kills you." - Katharine Hepburn

• SWR Staff - Executive

I've not seen any earlier evidence of Padme's survival. Lucas didn't say too much of the subject until Ep 3 came around.

Dagobah was the hiding place for Dark Jedi, after being chased across the galaxy. It is assumed their death released a lot of Dark Side energy around the planet.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

And just to annoy Tex, it was the Thrawn trilogy rather than the duology in which we hear about the dark side cave... honestly :lol::wink:

It actually WAS the dulogy. Karrde was going to see Car'das to get a copy of the Camaas(sp?) Document. It was there that he told the story of how he took control of his organization. It was that story that tells us of the Dark Jedi.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

It's deffinately mentioned in the trilogy... Guess that means that it's in both... I never liked Zahn's writing... He takes too many liberties and refers to the aliens by their race throughout the books without developing them.... or even giving them names for that matter...

@Tex- "RofS"? Quick, change it before the BEAKers can strike!

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

It's deffinately mentioned in the trilogy... Guess that means that it's in both... I never liked Zahn's writing... He takes too many liberties and refers to the aliens by their race throughout the books without developing them.... or even giving them names for that matter...

Must disagree. The Thrawn books were about the last bit of Star Wars Eu I could take seriously in the context of what George Lucas was originally on about. Virtually all that i'm told is 'cannon,' because some c-rate author came up with it with their brain on holiday, is laughable in relation to the original magic of the films. Let's see now; we have something looking, and just a bit larger than, an ice-cream cone with the power to cause stars to go super nova, Jedi teenagers who can shuve fleets of Star Destroyers through hyperspace, and apparently an entire genre of 'new EU Star Wars' based about alien invaders to whome the force has no power because they come from without the galaxy... err..

I gave up years ago on the EU, simply because in my view, it stretched GL's concept a bit further than OZ on even an imaginary, sci-fi map. What Zahn did, however, was write three top-notch tales that were relatable to what George Lucas gave us in the films, without Super weapons, or even a Super Star Destroyer for that matter.

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

• SWR Staff - Executive
Zahn's characterizations aren't bad. But what he does do well is plot, esp running multiple storylines and merging them together. Given that the Thrawn trilogy really started off things, I can't say anything bad about the books... haven't read them in a while.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.