April Fool's Day

Guest Scathane

No joke Tofu. Her left leg had to be amputated at the hip. She is still undergoing therapy for the cancer of course. _Grand Moff Conway

I truly am sorry for her, then. I know that its going to seem rather odd if you walk up to her and say "Hey, this random person on the internet who's real name I don't even know is hoping for you to recover" but I am rooting for her. It's increadible what they can do with prostetics nowdays... Did they manage to save some of the nerve tissue when they amputated? If so she can have an actually thought-operated left leg.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away

I am not sure Tofu. My understanding is that they couldn't save anything. They have fitted her for a prosthesis but it will not be finished for a couple of weeks yet. She has a very posative attitude and we are sure she will make it through this.-Grand Moff Conway

Guest Scathane
I wonder whether there's anyone here who doesn't have anyone among their family or friends with some form of cancer... :-(

For those who missed them, or didn't get a chance to look around the internet for all those April 1st jokes, Wikipedia has done us a favour: here

@GMC: Sorry to hear that about your mum :( - I wish her all the best

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

I wonder whether there's anyone here who doesn't have anyone among their family or friends with some form of cancer... :-(

Strangely enough, me. My great grandparents died from other diseases, my grandparents are still alive (minus one grandfather, who died in a car accident), and no cancer among aunts/uncles/parents. Yet. I did have a teacher with cancer once, but that's as close as I've come to it. I count myself very, very lucky.

I'm rooting for her too, GMC. Once she gets rid of the cancer for good, I'm sure she'll adapt to the prosthetic leg. I have known people with prosthetics, and they agree its hard at first but that you get used to it.

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

I know this is (still) off topic ... but ...

Best wishes to you and your mom, GMC. My wife lost her mom to stomach cancer last year, one week after her mom's birthday. Spend as much time as you can with her, because someday you won't get the chance. :( I'm glad to hear she has a positive outlook on things, it will definitely help in the long run. :)

(back on topic)

Great link Krytos! There went an hour of my morning :lol::wink:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

Well said, J... Well, actually confusingly said, but once you decipher it, well said because its the idiotically happy spirit of our little community... Edited by DarthTofu

12/14/07

Well said, J... Well, actually confusingly said, but once you desipher it, well said because its the idiotically happy spirit of our little community...

Decipher is spelled with a "c", der guy. (And, yes, I did mean to say "der". That's how it sounds when I say it, so that is how I type it.)

Ditto what J said.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Strangely enough, me.

I wonder whether there's anyone here who doesn't have anyone among their family or friends with some form of cancer...

Doesn't seem like it.

:roll: Pay attention- D, yeash! :wink: On the subject of April Fools, I discovered a wonderful way to have fun with people- smear something red, sticky, and liquid on your chest, put a large, old, white T-shirt on over it, and run into a tree. Enjoy everyone's reactions. Works especially well if you can put a stick in the center of the "blood" marks :twisted:

12/14/07

You do need to be careful of your audience there Tofu. It does sound like fun though...

Oh, don't worry, you do that in your back yard, pretend to scream in pain, wait till someone comes out and screams then yell "April Fools!" You don't actually let anyone call an amublance. :wink:

12/14/07