Scientists Make Water Run Uphill

Evaders99

• SWR Staff - Executive

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

• SWR Staff - Executive
Neat - the metal is supercooled until its magnetic properties are shown.

Evaders99

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/rebellionbanner02or6.gif Webmaster

http://swrebellion.com/images/banners/swcicuserbar.png Administrator

Fighting is terrible, but not as terrible as losing the will to fight.

- SW:Rebellion Network - Evaders Squadron Coding -

The cake is a lie.

I used to know exactly how that supercooling process caused that but I've forgotten it over the years. :evil:

(Luckily someone has explained it below.)

It's too bad we haven't found a superconductor that works at near room temperature. Just from that video it looked as if it took some damage from the liquid nitrogen.

Cool. Breaking a water baloon in slow-mo. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/26648/a_water_baloon/

Guest Scathane
The ballon was really cool... 8) Anyway, it's quite amazing that the water only ran up... 8O I wonder which way people would run if you made the staircase underneath their feet boiling hot...

I wonder which way people would run if you made the staircase underneath their feet boiling hot...

(I've increased the size for easier readability.) I don't think they'd be running anywhere Scath. If the staircase was boiling hot they would have to be capable of running on a liquid to run anywhere. Granted they could always stand there and sink into the boiling material. Or they could attempt running up/down it and still probably sink.

That may just be my first FULL BEAK. I'm pretty good at the AK part, but until now I haven't been able to incorporate the BE half.

Chaos, Panic, Disorder, Destruction.....

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

Commander-in-Chief of BEAK Forces

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

We're getting closer to Star Wars tech each and every day. Isn't it great??? I can rememberback when I was in 6th or 7th grade they (NASA I think) made something that used an Ion-propulsion engine. "neural prostheses", eh? Maybe someone's about to figure out how to get rid of these benign tremors I've got.

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

I have some videos I downloaded from the net about NASA balloon experiments. They took water filled balloons on the "Vommit Comet" (A specialized KC-135 cargo aircraft that flies a special parabolic flight path to simulate zero gravity for training astronauts) and popped them during the zero G maneuver. They had colored water in the balloons and mixed different colored water (from a bottle) in with the floating water. They would then (quickly) "capture" the floating water in a giant plastic bag. One video shows where they were a little slow trying to "recover" the water ... SPLASH! :oops: ... cleanup on aisle ... I mean ... we have a leak ... uh ... cleanup to the cargo area, and brings lots of towels! :lol:

I did read about the chips and cell experiment :wink: ...

WE ARE THE BORG. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!

:lol:

Finally, after years of hard work I am the Supreme Sith Warlord! Muwhahahaha!! What?? What do you mean "there's only two of us"?

WE ARE THE BORG. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!

That's an interesting thought. It would probably cure the stupidity problem on Earth...

My work here is done.

Grand AKmiral

(CINCBEAK) BEAK Imperium

"To BEAK is Divine!"

Guest Scathane
Methinks there are people who would be willing to have hardware installed... Some of those people just might be on these here forums... 8O Edited by Scathane

Methinks there are people who would be willing to have hardware installed... Some of those people just might be on these here forums... 8O

I wouldn't mind... Granted, if the hardware starts saying "Walk over here. Strangle this fellow. Rip this man's face off." I shall be rather ticked, though not altogether frightened (I was under the influance of a computer chip) but I would enjoy it if it, say, increased one's relfexs and such... I didn't read the article- too many links, here! Forgive me if this is confusing to those of you who read it.

12/14/07

Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la

Not gone, merely marching far away