You may have seen it before, but...

Master_Xan

What's this?! :?You choose to post something and when some community members disagree with what you've posted, you just say "Okay, screw you all, it's your own fault that you take offense..."

Come again?! :shock::x:?

[rant]

It appears that some of you are more interested in being politically correct then anything more important, like intentions or enjoyment. I'm a salesman, I spend all day 5-6 days a week being politically correct. You have to be politically correct at school, even in church. Sometimes I get tired of being politically correct, and I get fed up with people who can never loosen up. The picture I posted was meant to be funny, not offensive. Why must people take offense at everything?

At the end of the day, I care more about having fun and relaxing then I do about offending someone, somewhere. Really, there are too many people that take offense at every little thing, and I'm pretty tired of living my life just so as to make sure that nobody could ever possibly dream up a different interpretation to what I do that might be offensive to someone. The picture wasn't meant to offend, I'm sorry if it did, but really there's nothing I can do to change how you interpret things, and to be honest I don't really care all that much because I know it wasn't too bad and I didn't mean anything by it.

[/rant]

The second picture, however, really just doesn't have any taste...

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

I actually laughed my head off to the original post, but then this feeling set in, that's it's a bit wrong.. :lol: Fine as an email to mates or what not, but not fine for public forums.

Sorry if you find 'political-correctness' uptight dude, but it does sort of work out in the long term I guess in so far as our attitudes go as a society. Where would you like us to draw the line? Race? Gender? Religion? You've expressed before you personally find people knocking your faith, like being hit on the chin, so how do you feel about anyone who sees your post who might have direct contact with a disabled person might feel, or someone so disabled? They can access the internet I guess. :roll:

http://www.jahled.co.uk/smallmonkeywars.gif

I find people knocking my faith like a punch to the face... if they're serious. If I got all bent out of shape over every joke about Mormons having thirty wives (which we don't, by the way), I'd be in anger managment by now. Or worse, jail. I draw the line with jokes and good humour; as long as its in good taste I don't see a problem. You have to have a little tolerance for that sort of thing, but it seems to me that some people go looking for things to take offense from.

Surely you've heard plenty of 'blonde' jokes? I see no problem with most of those, partially because I know its not true and partly because its just a joke anyway. And when you take into affect that I'm making fun of myself, as someone who has argued more then I should online, then this particular joke should be fine. My older sister works with mentally handicapped children, and she laughed at it. And she doesn't even like the term 'retarded'!

Star Wars: Rebellion, A Field Manual

"O be wise, what can I say more?"

Personally, I can laugh at it - and I think it's funny. Does that make me a sadistic person? Maybe. Does it mean I can see the funny side to it? Maybe so. Does it mean I make fun of people with disabilities or disadvantages? No.

I prefer to see the funny side to most things, rather than the negative all the time (not saying that people who see this as offensive are negative - just pointing out how I try to view things in general). Someone makes a joke, I'll probably laugh - and like Xan, if it's only in jest or in humour (not a fan of insulting people intentionally).

Surely you've heard plenty of 'blonde' jokes? I see no problem with most of those, partially because I know its not true and partly because its just a joke anyway.

Ever notice how blonde people also have the best blonde jokes!?! I've rarely met a blonde person who wouldn't laugh at a blonde joke or who wouldn't take over the joke session and lay waste to everyone else with their own blonde jokes.

Anyway, seeing as this topic is now getting a little bit overboard, and personal - maybe it should be left alone?

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1778/reloadedbannerdu8.gif

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1333/3dartistbanneranimationws1.gif

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4026/rebellionbannerdi2.gif

I feel bad. Posting that second pic was like tossing a gas can into kitchen fire. But I figured that it was only as bad as the first one. The second was so over the top (and more obviously shopped) it's hard to take seriously.

I hadn't taken the time to realise it was starting to go a bit out of control.